+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC just now removed old application form from their website

AndreyU

Star Member
Dec 10, 2014
sudanese one said:
What does that mean, and how did you figure it out. Could you please clarify

Thanks
It means you can no longer download an old form from CIC website http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

MiriamT

May 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
São Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
04-03-2009
File Transfer...
09-03-2009
Med's Done....
28-10-2008
Interview........
Waived
VISA ISSUED...
20-11-2009
LANDED..........
27-11-2009
sudanese one said:
What does that mean, and how did you figure it out. Could you please clarify

Thanks
It has been taken down for at least most of the day. I noticed this several hours ago as well. You can check out http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/citizenship/become.asp and you'll see that the forms are no longer available for now, and many other updates have been made in the page as well.

dr_majed8835

Star Member
Feb 7, 2014
You are right no forms are available neither new nor old! But the requirement is still 1095 and the residency calculator is still the same!

dnyfyn

Aug 31, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Colombo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-2016
Doc's Request.
08-2016
Med's Request
08-2016
Med's Done....
08-2016
May be CIC will hold the website in current state for a while before they actually put up the application. Which means they have some slack time

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
TomTony said:
Guys check the online calculator, it asks for 4 years :(
I'm not sure why this surprises you. We all knew the new rules were coming into place as of today. It makes sense the calculator has been updated.

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
By not making the new application form available for a short while CIC know that any application that arrives from today onwards until the new application form is available will need to be returned as the incorrect form has been used. Saves them the trouble of sorting through the applications and having to separate the applications according to who has used the correct form.

Marypetty

Apr 1, 2013
But am I right in thinking that if you have had your citizenship application form in for some months, it will be accepted. Or do you think it will be returned???

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
Marypetty said:
But am I right in thinking that if you have had your citizenship application form in for some months, it will be accepted. Or do you think it will be returned???
Thats an interesting point I had assumed from today you would have to use the new form which would reflect the new rules, but is that definitely true? Certainly I wouldn't choose to send in my application using the old form just in case, especially as the number of applications will have just fallen off the cliff for 12 months and its probably organised chaos at CIC at the moment with all the last minute applications.

ERJOPA

Star Member
Jan 14, 2015
This probably means:

1. No new apps to glean through so the apps that got there before the deadline can be processed faster.

2. They can also concentrate on getting old apps to "in process" to facilitate getting them to Local Offices

3. Those already at Local Offices will be looked at and (maybe) getting their Test/Oath letters soon

4. Those apps in the RQ abyss will finally get looked at.

Of course - this is only speculation.

alphazip

Champion Member
May 23, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
paw339 said:
Thats an interesting point I had assumed from today you would have to use the new form which would reflect the new rules, but is that definitely true? Certainly I wouldn't choose to send in my application using the old form just in case, especially as the number of applications will have just fallen off the cliff for 12 months and its probably organised chaos at CIC at the moment with all the last minute applications.
I don't understand your point. If you applied using the old form, and it reached CIC by the 10th, then your case will be handled under the old rules (assuming the application was complete and won't be returned). Any applications that will reach CIC on the 11th or after require the new form, reflecting the new rules, which doesn't seem to be available yet.

Read the notice here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp

paw339

Star Member
May 28, 2014
alphazip said:
I don't understand your point. If you applied using the old form, and it reached CIC by the 10th, then your case will be handled under the old rules (assuming the application was complete and won't be returned). Any applications that will reach CIC on the 11th or after require the new form, reflecting the new rules, which doesn't seem to be available yet.

Read the notice here: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp
alphazip I was just musing about the scenario where you have an old form but you will be mailing after the 10th as no new forms at the time were available. Bit academic now as the new forms are available.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/adults.asp