+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is "working around the clock" to get 25,000 Syrian refugees to Canada

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mr. McCallum just had an interview with CBC this morning : http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/canada-mccallum-syrian-refugee-plan-1.3307788

[speculation]
Looks like CIC is focusing all their resources on the refugees issue in order to bring 25,000 refugees here before the end of this year - 7 weeks left.

There's no way in such a short period of time the new goverment can hire more CIC agents and provide adequate training in order to compensate the budget cut from Harper's time. Therefore, I think there will be no draw until January 2016
[/speculation]

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for providing the information. At least your speculation is based on an educated source.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ok. Let me try to understand this. 25000 refugees? How many of this 25K have bachelors degrees, have english language skills equivalent to CLB 8, or have work experience relevant to Canadian labour market?

It is often said, that politics will eat economics for breakfast, and here is another example of that playing out.

RamsayBolton

Star Member
Oct 5, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:
Ok. Let me try to understand this. 25000 refugees? How many of this 25K have bachelors degrees, have english language skills equivalent to CLB 8, or have work experience relevant to Canadian labour market?

It is often said, that politics will eat economics for breakfast, and here is another example of that playing out.
Well, to be honest, us as economic migrants cannot and do not have the rights to complain about that plan. However, many Canadians are not very happy with the plan, for Canada will have to spend a lot of money and resources on resettlement process: housing, education, food, healthcare, language/job training, etc.

In fact, Showler argued the biggest challenge for the new government won't be in finding the right people to bring, or even the transportation to bring them here, but rather, ensuring adequate resources for resettlement. Finding permanent housing, education and language training currently takes about a year.

In recent weeks many refugee settlement groups have voiced some skepticism over the Liberals' ambitious timeline to bring in 25,000 asylum-seekers by Dec. 31. They have argued if a more streamlined process gets up and running, a few more months to bring people in would be acceptable.

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:

Refugee status and Economic Immigrants are totally different. To equate the two is sad and unbelievable. I could not imagine the pain and suffering these people are going through (and other refugees).
How many children have died in this crisis so far? This is why I want to move and live in Canada. They help people in need. Not for my own selfish reasons alone!

I am glad they are helping these poor people and Canadians overwhelmingly elected this government knowing this was a part of the plan.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
number411 said:

Given that it is Canada's response to a terrible humanitarian crisis, those sentiments (though perfectly logical) might not be the flavor of the season. It is a different question altogether as to why Canada must disproportionately shoulder the burden of a European-Middle Eastern crisis when theocracies in the region aren't doing enough for people of their own faith but that's probably what being a responsible democracy is all about - People. Even if they aren't your citizens and are being ferried from across the ocean, they are still people escaping terrible fates in their homelands and they must be supported as much as anyone can. Should that be done in such a frenzy and/or should it be done at the expense of economic immigration are excellent questions to be posed to the current government.

shdhsjej

Star Member
Apr 29, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-10-2015
Buddy Its Canada, they believe in humanity more than just their own selfishness unlike other countries...!! I can understand your frustation but these things make this nation great and happy...! Just develeoping economy is not making you great, the people of the nation must have open heart for everyone in the world...!!

JoacRy

Champion Member
Oct 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well said Asivad, as frustrated as I and many others in the EE pool feel at the moment I cannot help but think of the suffering those poor people must be going through. The challenges of navigating the EE system pale in comparison to those of struggling to live each day in a wartorn country. I hope they achieve that ambitious goal of re-patriating those people.

impulseoceanic

Dec 1, 2011
Visa Office......
crs 450
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
no mention of express entry anywhere......It should be made clear whether refugee programs will result into less number of draws or afffect express entry. I think settling 25000 refugee is easy task compared to settling economic migrants as CIC has to go through lot of things in our case and migrants dont have to pass through any scrutiny.

I would suggest people to email to new immigration minister and ask about express entry system and why not issue more invitations in a draw and give chance to people who are skilled to migrate to canada.

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am sick and tired of these fear-mongering topics...
Fearmongering - "the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue."

JUST STOP IT ALREADY AND WAIT FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :eek: :eek: :eek:

These people are suffering and are in great pain, death and tragedy. If you have a problem with it, look for another country to immigrate to!

alex_dinou

Oct 17, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bahamas said:
I am sick and tired of these fear-mongering topics...
Fearmongering - "the action of deliberately arousing public fear or alarm about a particular issue."

JUST STOP IT ALREADY AND WAIT FOR YOUR APPLICATION TO BE PROCESSED!!!! :'( :'( :'( :'( :eek: :eek: :eek:

These people are suffering and are in great pain, death and tragedy. If you have a problem with it, look for another country to immigrate to!
I fail to see how this topic is fear-mongering. For once it actually contains information from a reliable source.

Bahamas

Oct 8, 2015
Nassau
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alex_dinou said:
I fail to see how this topic is fear-mongering. For once it actually contains information from a reliable source.
Applying it to Express Entry and applicants is where the fear-mongering comes in... What a leap. Now people are denigrating these poor refugees.

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Peoples applications are still being processed with more updates to and yesterday why are people worrying so much?

HB.Agenda2

Jul 18, 2011
Banff2015 said:
Peoples applications are still being processed with more updates to and yesterday why are people worrying so much?
people who have their applications in process are worried because the last set of PPRs was about 2 weeks ago...

to accept 25K refugees in a span of 7 weeks is a mountain of a task... that's probably equal to or close to the number of TOTAL economic immigrants (landed) in the entire 2015 so far... if CIC appoints each and every officer on their payroll to process refugee applications they might still fall short...

in such a scenario the In Process applicants are thinking in their head.... "what about us?, is anyone looking at our files? or they have just been shoved in some corner until the refugees applications are completed"

also we must remember the last couple of weeks of December and the first week of January there is virtually no processing of applications... so yes, it is terrifying...

Canada is doing an incredible job as a world leader to accept 25k refugees from Syria... those people can really use more first world nations with open arms like Canada to welcome them and give them a secure life... humanity seems to have died in that part of the world...

but at the same time I think CIC and the current Trudeau government should set themselves realistic timelines and not put a blind eye on the economic immigrants who drive the economy forward - so that while the refugees slowly integrate within Canada - there are hands at work at all times to facilitate the financial implications of settling in 25K new people who cannot immediately integrate with the Canadian work force...

Banff2015

Jul 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hear what your saying buddy mine is decision made and awaiting for ppr.. But people's application are still getting updated daily including yesterday a persons bg started and got a request so they are clearly working on them.. I find people read to much into this forum including myself at times.. I am anxious at the wait but each week day I expect ppr until I am told officially by the government so for people to share articles and speculate is really helping no1.