+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is violating the Ministerial Instructions we have the right to know our Rank

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
Dear All,

I remember when i first read through the Express entry , it clearly stated that we shall know our Rank . Now because i am fed of lack of transparency from CIC , i searched for it and i found it

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

33. (1) A foreign national who has been included in the express entry pool of candidates is to be notified electronically by means of the Express Entry System of all matters relating to their expression of interest, including

(a) whether they meet the requirements of subsection 5(1);
(b) their rank under the Comprehensive Ranking System relative to other eligible foreign nationals included in the express entry pool of candidates; and
(c) whether they are to be issued an invitation.

So clearly this can affect many of us who is unclear if there is hope for them , or they need to improve or drop off the idea.

Many have been re-applying for IELTS for sake of improving the score , while God and CIC only know what is the size of the pool between CRS 400 and CRS 450 . IELTS costs Money and Time , while it is very unclear how improving score will help !

Any advice how to Push CIC to publish , a simple information like XX EOI have score between yy and ZZ , can be helpful

Maybe if someone in Canada can call them and challenge , or ask under freedom of Act ?

Any idea will be helpful

Thank you

niravk

Jul 16, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
wskamel said:
Dear All,

I remember when i first read through the Express entry , it clearly stated that we shall know our Rank . Now because i am fed of lack of transparency from CIC , i searched for it and i found it

http://gazette.gc.ca/rp-pr/p1/2014/2014-12-01-x10/html/extra10-eng.php

33. (1) A foreign national who has been included in the express entry pool of candidates is to be notified electronically by means of the Express Entry System of all matters relating to their expression of interest, including

(a) whether they meet the requirements of subsection 5(1);
(b) their rank under the Comprehensive Ranking System relative to other eligible foreign nationals included in the express entry pool of candidates; and
(c) whether they are to be issued an invitation.

So clearly this can affect many of us who is unclear if there is hope for them , or they need to improve or drop off the idea.

Many have been re-applying for IELTS for sake of improving the score , while God and CIC only know what is the size of the pool between CRS 400 and CRS 450 . IELTS costs Money and Time , while it is very unclear how improving score will help !

Any advice how to Push CIC to publish , a simple information like XX EOI have score between yy and ZZ , can be helpful

Maybe if someone in Canada can call them and challenge , or ask under freedom of Act ?

Any idea will be helpful

Thank you
As per my understanding, the ranking here implies to the score (comprehensive ranking system) and not your actual standing in the pool of candidates.

Correct me if I might have misinterpreted it.

purplesnow

Feb 1, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
yeah, I'd be fairly certain that they mean they let you know your score.
They could never realistically let someone know what place they hold in the pool, the numbers of applicants is undoubtedly changing all the time and it would be impossible to keep up.

wskamel

Jan 25, 2015
niravk said:
As per my understanding, the ranking here implies to the score (comprehensive ranking system) and not your actual standing in the pool of candidates.

Correct me if I might have misinterpreted it.

No it is stating ranking compared to others , so it should be rank

eddie_in_NL

Star Member
Jul 12, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
First time I see this, but I agree it clearly says rank relative to other foreign nationals, so it has to be more than just your score.

Perhaps some can file under the freedom of information act and find out. This may be worth for those in the lower 400's score to have a better idea about their chances.

yes, this changes all the time, but just a snapshot in time would be very helpful I guess.