+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC is speeding up!

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
It seems like the fee increase has actually improved the speed! My application was returned because I forgot to sign and date at the bottom of the residency calculator sheet.

I sent mine on Jan 2 (Fri) and CIC received it on Monday (Jan 5) and the "incomplete" letter was written on Jan 8. It's been exactly a week since I mailed the application! I'm quite surprised and satisfied :D

Good luck to you all and don't forget to sign and date the documents lol

thecoolguysam

VIP Member
May 25, 2011
Canada
Jayl said:
It seems like the fee increase has actually improved the speed! My application was returned because I forgot to sign and date at the bottom of the residency calculator sheet.

I sent mine on Jan 2 (Fri) and CIC received it on Monday (Jan 5) and the "incomplete" letter was written on Jan 8. It's been exactly a week since I mailed the application! I'm quite surprised and satisfied :D

Please make sure to do what the attached letter says to do. Also check the following link before resubmitting your application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Unsigned and/or undated applications
Kit, forms, documents, payment receipt are returned to applicant with a letter;
Letter indicates that unsigned and/or undated applications cannot be accepted into processing and instructs the applicant to complete a new application form, check the website for current acceptable form version and requirements if they choose to resubmit an application.

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
thecoolguysam said:
Please make sure to do what the attached letter says to do. Also check the following link before resubmitting your application:

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/cit/admin/general/accept.asp

Unsigned and/or undated applications
Kit, forms, documents, payment receipt are returned to applicant with a letter;
Letter indicates that unsigned and/or undated applications cannot be accepted into processing and instructs the applicant to complete a new application form, check the website for current acceptable form version and requirements if they choose to resubmit an application.
Hi there, the letter just says I need to date and sign the online residence calculator sheet. And I see the form hasn't been modified or changed, so I guess I'm fine to send it again without filling out another form. Thanks for the link though!

mham

Star Member
Oct 11, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That's right I received the oath letter immediately after the exam

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayl said:
Hi there, the letter just says I need to date and sign the online residence calculator sheet. And I see the form hasn't been modified or changed, so I guess I'm fine to send it again without filling out another form. Thanks for the link though!
They return mine too for unsigned and undated residency calculator sheet. What date did you put on your residency calculator sheet?

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
mark1987 said:
They return mine too for unsigned and undated residency calculator sheet. What date did you put on your residency calculator sheet?
I put today's date. I think it's fine as long as it is not stale dated or your days are short.

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayl said:
I put today's date. I think it's fine as long as it is not stale dated or your days are short.
On the residency calculator its says to make sure that the date of signature is same to the date off application. Please make sure before resend your application.

Jayl

Aug 12, 2013
mark1987 said:
On the residency calculator its says to make sure that the date of signature is same to the date off application. Please make sure before resend your application.
Yes yes you are right! I unfortunately used correction tape while correcting the date, so I had to reprint it. Thanks A LOT! You saved my life! It's not stale dated, so yes yes I am almost 100% you are right

mark1987

Star Member
Aug 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jayl said:
Yes yes you are right! I unfortunately used correction tape while correcting the date, so I had to reprint it. Thanks A LOT! You saved my life! It's not stale dated, so yes yes I am almost 100% you are right
You very welcome my friend. Good luck for this time.
Cheers

informatics

Aug 3, 2009
Jayl said:

Yeah it looks like that CIC is speeding up . My son s application was transferred to the local office after just one day of getting in process . Previously it used to take months.

MissMia

Jan 13, 2015
informatics said:
Yeah it looks like that CIC is speeding up . My son s application was transferred to the local office after just one day of getting in process . Previously it used to take months.
That's really good!! :)

Soopergal

Star Member
Apr 26, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I sent back my RQ response about 2 years ago. CIC hasn't even opened my response. 2+ years to open a letter? Not seeing any speed here. :eek:

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Soopergal said:
I sent back my RQ response about 2 years ago. CIC hasn't even opened my response. 2+ years to open a letter? Not seeing any speed here. :eek:
Have you send in an ATIP request on your file? 2 years is a long wait. I would suggest you ask for information on your file to see what's the hold up is.