dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
katja2684 said:
I got the letter from my bank with the average balance for the past 6 months, T4 and NOA, and bank statements.
Not sure if my consultant uploaded the bank statements though,because I've also got a printout from the bank with the ending balance for the bank letter and I was hoping that's enough. I try not to touch the PoF and manage my spendings from my salary.
By the way, are you planning to apply for BOWP or your permit is still valid for a couple more months? Mine expires in November and I've just read the BOWP rules have changed for EE applicants?
My partner is a student with another year to go, so if we don't have a PR answer by July, we'll apply to renew his student visa and my open work permit.

I read about those changes too, but I only have the initial AOR that was sent immediately after I submitted my PR application. Do you have this alleged second letter?

anandbabud

Dec 31, 2014
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa CPC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-10-2015
Nomination.....
22-10-2015
AOR Received.
29-10-2015
Med's Done....
23-10-2015
Passport Req..
13-01-2016
VISA ISSUED...
29-01-2016
LANDED..........
30-01-2016
naga.msbi said:
According to the CIC (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/funds.asp)

You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada i.e you must have valid LMIA / LMO (If you have this you will be on closed work permit and you will be bound to employer so employer going to pay you and you will be having pay stubs and NOA if you file your taxes )

AND

you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.( on valid LMIA / LMO / PGWP / BOWP currently they should work ) In this case you need to show NOA,Paystubs

So I feel for CEC funds are not applicable only if we provide (Offer letter [Explaining that your job is permanent secure with no of working hours per week along]+ pay stubs+ NOA).

While filing I mentioned I have 13,000 CAD and i got ITA for CEC but I only showed NOA + Paystubs + salary bank statement.

I got AOR on March 7th and still my application is pending.. Hope they wont ask me more documents as they requested CELPIP score on April 15th .

Hope my answer will help
What about my case... I worked in Canada for NOC 2173 (Software Engineer) and the closed work permit is valid till 2017. but I resigned that job and returned to my home country due to family reasons...... whether I too have to show the proof of funds. I mentioned in my profile $5000.... and currently I am working in India and my score is 400.

katja2684

Jan 31, 2015
Toronto
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
dobes said:
My partner is a student with another year to go, so if we don't have a PR answer by July, we'll apply to renew his student visa and my open work permit.

I read about those changes too, but I only have the initial AOR that was sent immediately after I submitted my PR application. Do you have this alleged second letter?
I don't have access to my EE profile nor to MyCIC...it's good and bad I guess. I got the AOR from my consultant and the confirmation that my medicals have been uploaded. She submitted my application on May 4th and I don't expect much activity on my file for another month until the CIC officer reviews my eligibility. The BOWP would be the ultimate option to extend my stay although I'm hoping to get a decision by end of August.

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I think this thread will help:
http://www. canadavisa . com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/cec-express-entry-proof-of-funds-mandatory-t281074.0.html

remote the spaces

msmahmood

Star Member
Mar 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
To sum it up. The guy said yes to a job offer but no to LMIA and entered some amount in POF although it wasn't needed for CEC.
he got an ITA for FSW - contacted CIC and withdrew his ITA. Resubmitted the application, entered no in the Job offer question and entered 0 as funds. Wasn't required to provide proof of funds and got ITA again, now his application is in progress.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
omolomi said:
My application was updated today saying that my medical was passed. But they are also asking for proof of funds and IELTS results
IELTS I can provide yes, but proof of funds?????? I thought that was only required for FSW

CIC Website says:You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am currently working on a post graduate work permit. So what is the problem?? And during the profile creation i put 0 dollars is the funds field which disqualified me for FSW

-Can someone one please help with this :-[
Hi

Do you get any update on your application regarding POF for CEC?

omolomi

Apr 30, 2015
nav0991 said:
Hi

Do you get any update on your application regarding POF for CEC?
After I uploaded my Paystubs, T4, CRA Notice of assessment, 6 months bank statement(not stamped, but printed by bank)and financial letter from bank, mystatus for additional documents says "provided" a few days later my background check changed to in progress. no further change since then. So I have assumed the documents provided were fine.

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
omolomi said:
After I uploaded my Paystubs, T4, CRA Notice of assessment, 6 months bank statement(not stamped, but printed by bank)and financial letter from bank, mystatus for additional documents says "provided" a few days later my background check changed to in progress. no further change since then. So I have assumed the documents provided were fine.
Great, and Thanks for update. Good Luck with the process. Hope you get PR very soon.

Keep us posted. Will be great help to guys who are creating new threads for CEC POF.

Cheers :)

nav0991

Star Member
Feb 3, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport Req..
29-03-2016
omolomi said:
HI Omolomi,

Can you share your application timeline and update if CIC accepted Paystubs, T4, CRA Notice of assesment, and others ?

BeingMe

Oct 6, 2015
Candidates invited to apply under the Canadian experience class do not have to demonstrate that they meet the settlement funds requirement. If candidates are requested to include proof of funds when applying for permanent residence, they may upload a letter explaining why proof of funds is not needed under Proof of Means of Financial Support in the document checklist.

this is from the CIC website

BeingMe

Oct 6, 2015
omolomi said:
My application was updated today saying that my medical was passed. But they are also asking for proof of funds and IELTS results
IELTS I can provide yes, but proof of funds?????? I thought that was only required for FSW

CIC Website says:You do not have to show that you have these funds if:

you have a valid offer of arranged employment in Canada AND
you are currently working or authorized to work in Canada.

I am currently working on a post graduate work permit. So what is the problem?? And during the profile creation i put 0 dollars is the funds field which disqualified me for FSW

-Can someone one please help with this :-[

No you dont need it

see the below details from, CIC website

Settlement funds are not included in the CRS. They do, however, relate to the program requirements of FSWC and FSTC and may, by extension, be included in the MEC for Express Entry.

Candidates applying under the FSWC or the FSTC are required to meet the settlement funds requirement, unless they are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a qualifying offer of arranged employment from an employer in Canada.

Note: Candidates invited to apply under the Canadian experience class do not have to demonstrate that they meet the settlement funds requirement. If candidates are requested to include proof of funds when applying for permanent residence, they may upload a letter explaining why proof of funds is not needed under Proof of Means of Financial Support in the document checklist.

dobes

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BeingMe said:
No you dont need it

see the below details from, CIC website

Settlement funds are not included in the CRS. They do, however, relate to the program requirements of FSWC and FSTC and may, by extension, be included in the MEC for Express Entry.

Candidates applying under the FSWC or the FSTC are required to meet the settlement funds requirement, unless they are currently authorized to work in Canada and have a qualifying offer of arranged employment from an employer in Canada.

Note: Candidates invited to apply under the Canadian experience class do not have to demonstrate that they meet the settlement funds requirement. If candidates are requested to include proof of funds when applying for permanent residence, they may upload a letter explaining why proof of funds is not needed under Proof of Means of Financial Support in the document checklist.
The original post was from May, before CIC clarified on their website that CEC applicants don't need to meet the funds requirement.

epressentry

Star Member
Sep 11, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Unknown
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 20th 2016
Nomination.....
N/A
Med's Done....
Upfront
What if my PGWP expires and I am on implied status waiting for "Extend my stay as a visitor" application to be processed and in the meantime I am invited to apply under CEC? Do I still not show POF?

SecularFirst

Nov 21, 2015
epressentry said:
What if my PGWP expires and I am on implied status waiting for "Extend my stay as a visitor" application to be processed and in the meantime I am invited to apply under CEC? Do I still not show POF?
No, even if you apply from outside Canada under CEC, you don't need proof of funds.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
epressentry said:
In theory, no. If you are invited under CEC you shouldn't need POF but when the guidelines were written, I think they assumed that all CEC apps would still be in Canada working. If possible, I would provide the funds if you could.