+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Interview Request from EE applicant

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
lifein360 said:
All the best, as others said, first case I am personally hearing too.

But as long as you have all the papers in hand and can corroborate your background, it should be okay. Just be sure that whatever dates/periods/salary/jobs etc you mention line up with what you stated in your application personal/work/address history. All the best!

Now to go study and memorize exact dates on every single page. Golly!

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
Gladossy said:
Just go in with all requested documents and more if you have them.
Job offer letters, pay slips etc.

it is just a routine quality check.
It's okay to be nervous. You are only human.

You will be fine.

Congrats in advance!

Thanks, i do hope it's just a quality check.

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aetchelle said:
Now to go study and memorize exact dates on every single page. Golly!
Just relax :) you'll be just fine.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
aetchelle said:
I'm a medical doctor and I'm the principal applicant on behalf of hubby and baby. 5 years working experience in Emergency Room and as General Practitioner with my own practice. I'm 30 so maybe they don't believe i've accomplished all that my references say i have so far?
They requested updated employment reference and proof of salary of my latest job, also bank proof that the (equivalent of) $25,000 gift deed that my parents gave me is still in my account. I'm freaking out, is it probably to grill me about job description and experience or POF or both? Btw, they only want to see me, not my husband.
Doctors are in demand. Probably a visa interview and a job interview???

Alexios07

Champion Member
Jun 22, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
xpressentry said:
Doctors are in demand. Probably a visa interview and a job interview???
They are not in demand, and it takes a lot of effort and exams for a foreign doctor to be qualified to work in Canada. I guess it could be the age of OP which is rather young to accomplish a lot?

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
Alexios07 said:
They are not in demand, and it takes a lot of effort and exams for a foreign doctor to be qualified to work in Canada. I guess it could be the age of OP which is rather young to accomplish a lot?
I have to agree with Alexios a little. Doctors are in demand yes, but its crazy hectic to become qualified in Canada. I have 3 exams to write in total (written 1 and passed so far), then even when i get a job, have to practice under supervision for another year before they give me unconditional license to practice. It is a veeery long road, but so worth it!

kryt0n

VIP Member
Sep 30, 2014
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
16-03-2017
Passport Req..
11-07-2017
aetchelle said:
I have to agree with Alexios a little. Doctors are in demand yes, but its crazy hectic to become qualified in Canada. I have 3 exams to write in total (written 1 and passed so far), then even when i get a job, have to practice under supervision for another year before they give me unconditional license to practice. It is a veeery long road, but so worth it!
Maybe even take along evidence you've looked into all this already and you're prepared to go through with it all? But only if they ask.

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
kryt0n said:
Maybe even take along evidence you've looked into all this already and you're prepared to go through with it all? But only if they ask.

Yes, i will take copies of the previous exam result and all my email correspondence with the healthcare recruiters so far.

Thanks everyone, i will keep you all posted.

Que Em

Apr 14, 2016
LANDED..........
2017-07-17
aetchelle said:
They requested updated employment reference and proof of salary of my latest job, also bank proof that the (equivalent of) $25,000 gift deed that my parents gave me is still in my account.
I'm not an expert but from the looks of it, it seems, the officer wants to verify your work experience/employment history, as, generally speaking, a medical practitioner with 5 years work experience is expected to have enough funds/savings. :)

Maybe, the processing officer got a little curious about the gift deed from your parents and s/he thought it would be better to call you in for an interview, and examine your employment history, bank statements and pay stubs to make sure your claimed work experience is true and that you actually possess the funds required.

Just provide the requested documents, and if possible, take the pay stubs for the entire (5 years) employment term (or at least, the first few and the last ones), any work contract(s)/joining letter(s), etc., and if you can, the old bank statements showing your salary deposits.

During the interview, try to relax and act natural. Officers are friendly and helpful. Nothing to worry.
Here's a link to a recent interview experience as described by an EE applicant:
http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/abu-dhabi-vo-lets-connect-here-t393078.0.html;msg5377162#msg5377162

Good luck!

sanpatel30

Feb 15, 2016
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
5/04/2017
Doc's Request.
n/a
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
18/04/2017
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
28/12/2016
Passport Req..
23/06/2017
LANDED..........
15/07/2017
aetchelle said:
I applied under EE in December 2016 and have received an email last week from CIC to attend an interview in 2 weeks time, and this after my medicals were passed in January 2017. I have gone through the whole 245 pages of the only forum topic addressing interviews, which was started by mikeramma in 2006.

I'm not even sure the link above is helpful for me because it contains info mainly for folks who submitted PR application pre-Express Entry.

Please has anyone else on EE with pending application been asked to attend an interview? Any tips or help will be really appreciated. ???
I think I dont need to suggest you as everybody did well here. I hope everything work well for you and get your PPR soon. congrats in advance.

luv2read90

Jul 7, 2016
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
TVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-05-2017
AOR Received.
26-05-2017
Please let us know how it goes

Lailina

May 17, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
kryt0n said:
Concerning...I was 2.5 years as a civil servant... What do they deem as short? :p
he was employed for several months only :)

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
Que Em said:
I'm not an expert but from the looks of it, it seems, the officer wants to verify your work experience/employment history, as, generally speaking, a medical practitioner with 5 years work experience is expected to have enough funds/savings. :)

Maybe, the processing officer got a little curious about the gift deed from your parents and s/he thought it would be better to call you in for an interview, and examine your employment history, bank statements and pay stubs to make sure your claimed work experience is true and that you actually possess the funds required.

Just provide the requested documents, and if possible, take the pay stubs for the entire (5 years) employment term (or at least, the first few and the last ones), any work contract(s)/joining letter(s), etc., and if you can, the old bank statements showing your salary deposits.

During the interview, try to relax and act natural. Officers are friendly and helpful. Nothing to worry.
Here's a link to a recent interview experience as described by an EE applicant:

Good luck!

Your take on this is so insightful my mind is puuuf...BLOWN! ;D

Thank you so much, it does make sense. I'll be sure to take all pay stubs, bank statements and other neccessary papers to show where the money has been going, lol!!!

Reactions: karkik

aetchelle

Dec 3, 2016
Feedback.

Interview - RPRF - PPR - COPR ....all within 90 minutes!!!

It was awesome guys, God was on my side. I couldnt believe it. The VO said they called me
1) for quality check, just a random candidate to see if their interview waiver system was a good idea
2) also for the issues highlighted on my notes, to give an opportunity to explain myself.

He was so patient and kind. He was convinced after a few questions and said..."It's obvious you're a legit candidate for PR, lets speed this process forward. I want you to leave here with everything sorted today"!

He then asked us to pay RPRF and hubby RAN out to nearest internet cafe to sort it out (they don't accept credit cards there at that office). Upon return, they stamped passport and issued COPR letter......it was like a dream.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice, much appreciated. Now for us to land.

Reactions: dimidaza

DRWOU

Star Member
Oct 12, 2016
aetchelle said:
Feedback.

Interview - RPRF - PPR - COPR ....all within 90 minutes!!!

It was awesome guys, God was on my side. I couldnt believe it. The VO said they called me
1) for quality check, just a random candidate to see if their interview waiver system was a good idea
2) also for the issues highlighted on my notes, to give an opportunity to explain myself.

He was so patient and kind. He was convinced after a few questions and said..."It's obvious you're a legit candidate for PR, lets speed this process forward. I want you to leave here with everything sorted today"!

He then asked us to pay RPRF and hubby RAN out to nearest internet cafe to sort it out (they don't accept credit cards there at that office). Upon return, they stamped passport and issued COPR letter......it was like a dream.

Thank you so much everyone for your help and advice, much appreciated. Now for us to land.
Really sweet. Thank God for his faithfulness & congratulations!!!