Med's Done....
06/07/2015
Passport Req..
N/A
VISA ISSUED...
Decision Made 09/12/2015, COPR arrived 15/1/16 deadline to land 7/7/16
LANDED..........
7-06-2016
When we submitted our application the processing time for us was 28 months on the website. I'd spent months doing research before we applied and everything seemed to indicate that our file would take at least 12 months to be processed.

I got DM a month ago! It took 4 months from the date we filed our application.( I'm still waiting for my COPR to arrive) but it just demonstrates that you can't get too hung up on published timeframes.

I hope this makes you feel a bit more positive that processing times aren't necessarily accurate. Try and stay positive.
Good luck to you all.

Rey D

Jan 10, 2016
British Columbia
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-01-2014
AOR Received.
06-05-2014
File Transfer...
CIC Vancouver
Med's Request
19-05-2015
Med's Done....
26-05-2015
Interview........
21-01-2016 CIC Vancouver
LANDED..........
21-01-2016 CIC Vancouver
the old one is better. won't tell you exactly which month they're working.

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
Similar to above posts...we submitted our application Jun 3 and received DM / PPR on Jan 7....so only 7 months from initial submission when the Abu Dhabi VO was showing 13 months to process 80 percent of applications. I think the VO's are moving as fast as they can....which is great news...

I'm not sure why they have even bothered to change the way they post the processing times....but the data was always out of date even in the old system...

I would prefer they focus on more timely / accurate updates to each individuals application (i.e. ECAS, emails, etc)....

C.

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
km9203 said:
For inland I think it's good. For Outland, it's suspicious. How can every countries processing time suddenly be 18 months.
Hi where can we see the processing time for India ?? I am from India and my husband is a Canadian citizen. Can you please guide me with the processing time?? My application has reached Mississauga on 12 Jan 2016
Please do guide

Kiki-sinche

Star Member
Mar 26, 2015
Toronto
AOR Received.
AOR1: 02/05/2016, SA: 02/18/2016, AOR2(3rd line): 03/29/2016
Drkdd said:
Hi where can we see the processing time for India ?? I am from India and my husband is a Canadian citizen. Can you please guide me with the processing time?? My application has reached Mississauga on 12 Jan 2016
Please do guide
Hi Drkdd, unfortunately, CIC does no longer show the processing time per VO but only a general one applied to everyone applying outland. Assumption is that it would not impact the actual timeframe for your VO similar to the one applied in the past but no proof so far.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/

Drkdd

Jan 22, 2016
Kiki-sinche said:
Hi Drkdd, unfortunately, CIC does no longer show the processing time per VO but only a general one applied to everyone applying outland. Assumption is that it would not impact the actual timeframe for your VO similar to the one applied in the past but no proof so far.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/times/
Can I visit my husband one visitor visa during the ongoing process ??

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello. Our Lawyer just submitted our spousal application to Mississauga, Saying it will take 90 days to even see if im able to sponsor Can anyone tell me the reasons why they would deny me as a sponsor ? This has me worried! And How Long you think it will take all together I have been away from my children and Grand kids for 2 years now ..... THIS IS HEARTBREAKING :'(

zimgirl

Jan 20, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-16-2015
Doc's Request.
upfront
AOR Received.
24-08-2015
File Transfer...
20-08-2015
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
received
Interview........
February 22,2016
Passport Req..
waiting
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Waiting is the hardest thing ever

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
can someone please give me some insight on to what reasons I could be denied as a sponsor ?

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
You can sponsor a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner (partner), or dependent children if you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada. To be a sponsor, you must be 18 or older.

When you sponsor one of these relatives to become permanent residents of Canada, you must support them financially. This means you have to meet certain income guidelines.

If you have sponsored relatives to come to Canada in the past, and they have later asked the government for financial help, you may not be allowed to sponsor another person. Sponsorship is a big commitment, so you must take it seriously.

To be a sponsor you must:

agree in writing to give financial support to your relative, if they need it
for a spouse or partner, this lasts for three years from the date they become a permanent resident, and
for a dependent child, this lasts for 10 years, or until the child turns 25, whichever comes first.
Your relative must also agree to try to support themselves.

You may not be eligible to be a sponsor if you:

did not meet the terms of a sponsorship agreement in the past,
did not pay alimony or child support even though a court ordered it,
get government financial help for reasons other than being disabled,
were convicted of
an offence of a sexual nature,
a violent crime,
an offence against a relative that resulted in bodily harm or
an attempt or threat to commit any such offences, depending on the details of the case, such as
the type of offence,
how long ago it occurred and
whether a record suspension was issued (see Sponsorship bar for violent crime below),
were sponsored as a spouse, common-law or conjugal partner in the past and became a permanent resident of Canada less than five years ago (see Five-year sponsorship bar below)
did not pay back an immigration loan, made late payments or missed payments,
are in prison or
have declared bankruptcy and have not been released from it yet.
Other things not on this list may stop you from being able to sponsor a relative.

If you live in Quebec, Citizenship and Immigration Canada must approve you as a sponsor first. Then you must also meet Quebec’s conditions to be a sponsor.

LibyaLove2012

Star Member
Mar 31, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was told there is no income requirement for sponsoring a spouse ? Not for Newfoundland there is not anyways

steph89

Aug 8, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Amman/Bucharest
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August/2015
LANDED..........
January/2017
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5482Eguide.asp

it explains it here :)

canadianbears

Mar 30, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-02-2016
AOR Received.
with SA 18-03-2016
File Transfer...
22-03-2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
17-10-2015
Thanks for people posting more realistic times, despite the long processing time listed on the CIC website. I agree with others though that the previous way of splitting times by country was better however.

YYC787

Star Member
Sep 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-Sep-2014
AOR Received.
19-Nov-2014
File Transfer...
In Process since 12-Aug-2015
Med's Request
Sent 18-Sep-2015...never received. Re-sent 17-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
July 2014; Remeds done Dec 2015
Interview........
WAIVED acc to GCMS notes
Passport Req..
20-Apr-2016
VISA ISSUED...
Passport sent; waiting...
Sorry if this has already been asked, but does this "17 months" processing time start from the day you SUBMIT your outland application, or the day that the overseas visa office receives it?

It used to be the latter, but the wording on the website now seems to imply that the processing time starts from the date they start assessing the SPONSOR.