+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC -Decision made as status and Local office will contact for finalizing the PR

Shine23

Feb 17, 2017
Hello,

Does anyone know what exactly it means when I received letter from CIC (for spousal Sponsorship Inland) that processing of my application is completed and local Office in Alberta will contact me to schedule the appointment for granting Permanent Residence. It also states a very generic letter. Basically it is not a landing paper with confirmation of Permanent Residence. I tried to contact Call center but could not get thru an agent

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Sounds like your landing interview which would mean the application has been approved and all you have to do is show up to the landing interview in person.

Reactions: carolbb23

Shine23

Feb 17, 2017
scylla said:
Sounds like your landing interview which would mean the application has been approved and all you have to do is show up to the landing interview in person.
It states
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Alberta will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Landagirl

Star Member
Feb 1, 2016
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
26-09-2016
AOR Received.
20/10/2016
File Transfer...
25/10/2016
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed 19/01/2017
Passport Req..
23/01/2017
VISA ISSUED...
08/02/2017
LANDED..........
02/06/2017
Shine23 said:
Does this mean that still decision is not in my favour sort of thing ?
You are fine! They wouldn't waste your time or theirs setting up appointments to finalize your PR if you were refused. They would of sent you a refusal letter instead.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015
Does anyone have any experience with regards to how long it takes a local CIC centre to contact you to schedule an interview? I received my letter on April 25 stating processing for my application had been completed, but have yet to hear from my local CIC centre. I'm not worried, just wondering really when I should be expecting to hear back. Also, do they simply provide you with a date that you have to attend, or do they give you a few different days to pick from? I travel around quite frequently for work and have trips lined up from now through July... It would suck if there was a clash of sorts there.

carolbb23

VIP Member
Jun 24, 2016
toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
mississauga
App. Filed.......
15\12\2015
Doc's Request.
already did for applications
Nomination.....
n/a
AOR Received.
15/01/2016
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
10/03/2017
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
02/11/2015
Interview........
thank god no interview
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
28/04/2017
LANDED..........
28/04/2017
It states
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Alberta will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

Yes congratulations

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
Redo IMM5406 and IMM5669 (Jan 2017)
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
It states
Congrats it is your landing appointment for PR. Fantastic news!!

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Does anyone have any experience with regards to how long it takes a local CIC centre to contact you to schedule an interview? I received my letter on April 25 stating processing for my application had been completed, but have yet to hear from my local CIC centre. I'm not worried, just wondering really when I should be expecting to hear back. Also, do they simply provide you with a date that you have to attend, or do they give you a few different days to pick from? I travel around quite frequently for work and have trips lined up from now through July... It would suck if there was a clash of sorts there.
Where do you reside? They give you a date but if you really cannot make it you can contact them to reschedule. If it is a busy office it can take longer to reschedule.

Pickers91

Apr 10, 2015
Where do you reside? They give you a date but if you really cannot make it you can contact them to reschedule. If it is a busy office it can take longer to reschedule.
Thanks for the reply. My local centre is listed as Kitchener IRCC. Being so close to Toronto, I imagine it's a fairly busy office. I'll just hang tight and wait for them to contact me. Thanks again.

browning911

Champion Member
Mar 30, 2016
Toronto ON
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
CPCMISS
App. Filed.......
30-03-2016
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
02-05-2016
Med's Request
00-00-0000
Med's Done....
27-06-2016
Interview........
00-00-0000
Passport Req..
00-00-0000
VISA ISSUED...
00-00-0000
LANDED..........
17-07-2017
Thanks for the reply. My local centre is listed as Kitchener IRCC. Being so close to Toronto, I imagine it's a fairly busy office. I'll just hang tight and wait for them to contact me. Thanks again.
Actually KItchener is not such a busy office.

If you go to the 2016 Inland Sponsorhsip Application thread Profiler landed there recently and GuyanaGirl who was waiting for an appointment recently got one. You can ask either Profiler or GuyanaGirl for the contact information.

Good luck.

Fyrushumaira

Star Member
Dec 7, 2017
It states
Hey do you remember what happened next when you went to the office?? Thanks

vampirepeach

Star Member
Oct 14, 2016
Hello,

Does anyone know what exactly it means when I received letter from CIC (for spousal Sponsorship Inland) that processing of my application is completed and local Office in Alberta will contact me to schedule the appointment for granting Permanent Residence. It also states a very generic letter. Basically it is not a landing paper with confirmation of Permanent Residence. I tried to contact Call center but could not get thru an agent

Hi, I got exactly same letter. Is it the interview? Or you only need to show up and they will give you a PR card?

outdoorcharles

Mar 27, 2018
Hey sorry to bring back an oldish thread but I got the same letter (Hamilton Office will contact me though). Does anyone have a timeline as to when they contact you? I received the email/letter a few days ago. My online account/profile still says my eligibility and application is still be processed but i got that exact letter saying the processing of my application has been completed. Confused!

darochadel

Apr 7, 2018
Hi,

I received a letter last week, I reside in Toronto and in my case the letter says that I am invited to an interview where my application for PR will be finalized as well as the date and time of it. It does not say if it was approved or whatsoever, but they asked me to bring the invitation letter, my passport, photos and SIN.

Probably other locations and appointment/interview depends on where you live, and how busy that office could be.

After I read about same cases here I agree that interview probably is a new sort of procedure for landing. Exited!!