+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC CRS calculator misleading?

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hello. I have heard that the cic calculator is misleading so I did the calculation manually.

but when I was doing the calculation, the section of
Foreign work experience- With Canadian work experience

it says
No foreign work experience -0 Points.

While on the CIC calculator, it asks you

6) Work Experience
i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

and I put 1 year in on ii, while I have only 1 year in total in Canada for work experience, at the end it will give me (in my case):
  • A) Official Language proficiency and foreign work experience = 13
  • B) Canadian and foreign work experience = 13
So, I am 98% sure the manually calculated one is correct, but just in case I am posting this to see if it is. Anyone had the same problem? which one shall I be looking at?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
Hello. I have heard that the cic calculator is misleading so I did the calculation manually.

it says

6) Work Experience
i. In the last ten years, how many years of skilled work experience in Canada do you have?

ii. In the last 10 years, how many total years of skilled work experience do you have?
It must have been paid, full-time (or an equal amount in part-time), and in only one occupation (NOC skill type 0, A or B).

and I put 1 year in on ii, while I have only 1 year in total in Canada for work experience, at the end it will give me (in my case):
So, I am 98% sure the manually calculated one is correct, but just in case I am posting this to see if it is. Anyone had the same problem? which one shall I be looking at?
I don't think CRS calc is misleading however, when you fill your application to enter the pool, you will see the score that CIC will work with. You can cancel application if it's not enough. All the best

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
I don't think CRS calc is misleading however, when you fill your application to enter the pool, you will see the score that CIC will work with. You can cancel application if it's not enough. All the best
I have heard that if you aimed at the bad timing and got ITA with that application, you will be banned to apply for EE for couple years, Any idea on this?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
I have heard that if you aimed at the bad timing and got ITA with that application, you will be banned to apply for EE for couple years, Any idea on this?
What you can do is check the last draw, the next one is 2 week after the last one so do a proper timing or just use CRS calc. It's not misleading, u just probably don't understand how they award the points. I don't either. If you are not comfortable with that, just try to improve your IELT score. But I will strongly advise that you use CRS.

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
What you can do is check the last draw, the next one is 2 week after the last one so do a proper timing or just use CRS calc. It's not misleading, u just probably don't understand how they award the points. I don't either. If you are not comfortable with that, just try to improve your IELT score. But I will strongly advise that you use CRS.
the thing is, CRS calculator is giving me 26 more points and when I look at calculation breakdown they shall not.
and I dont know which one is to believe, the calculator or the breakdown.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
the thing is, CRS calculator is giving me 26 more points and when I look at calculation breakdown they shall not.
and I dont know which one is to believe, the calculator or the breakdown.
Ok. How about you double check your answers on CRS and if it's still the same you should go with CRS calc. Because you won't input manual calc on CIC, you will use the same automated calculator so I still think you should stick to CRs. All the best.

Reactions: tobs

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Ok. How about you double check your answers on CRS and if it's still the same you should go with CRS calc. Because you won't input manual calc on CIC, you will use the same automated calculator so I still think you should stick to CRs. All the best.
I am trying to make the EE profile to check my CRS score, do I have to sign the electronical form to check my CRS score?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
I am trying to make the EE profile to check my CRS score, do I have to sign the electronical form to check my CRS score?
Yes, you do. Draws are usually on Wednesdays so u should try do it it before then and withdraw if you are not satisfied with the score

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Yes, you do. Draws are usually on Wednesdays so u should try do it it before then and withdraw if you are not satisfied with the score
I am a little bit scared to try this because of :

I attest that the information in this Express Entry profile is truthful, complete and correct.

Note: misrepresenting yourself in your application may result in legal action or removal. In addition, misrepresentation (defined under section 127of IRPA) may result in being banned from Canada for up to 5 years. Once submitted, this profile will be part of your immigration record.

I will update my Express Entry profile at once if any of the information or answers in this submission changes.

is it really okay and they will not bring this up when I am actually applying for EE? I did not type in the exact dates of everything.

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
I am a little bit scared to try this because of :

I attest that the information in this Express Entry profile is truthful, complete and correct.

Note: misrepresenting yourself in your application may result in legal action or removal. In addition, misrepresentation (defined under section 127of IRPA) may result in being banned from Canada for up to 5 years. Once submitted, this profile will be part of your immigration record.

I will update my Express Entry profile at once if any of the information or answers in this submission changes.

is it really okay and they will not bring this up when I am actually applying for EE? I did not type in the exact dates of everything.
Miss representation is when you fill matters degree on the profile to get more point but u dont have masters degree or when u fill higher ielts score and u dont have the score or when u fill an info that is not correct. That is why I said double check your application make sure u fill correct info. Full disclosure is important and do not try to fill incorrect in just to have higher point because everything will be confirmed. Once u fill right information and you have all proper documentation, you will be fine

Scottpark77

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Miss representation is when you fill matters degree on the profile to get more point but u dont have masters degree or when u fill higher ielts score and u dont have the score or when u fill an info that is not correct. That is why I said double check your application make sure u fill correct info. Full disclosure is important and do not try to fill incorrect in just to have higher point because everything will be confirmed. Once u fill right information and you have all proper documentation, you will be fine
What I am going to try is to put work experience as 1 year although I havent finished my 1 year yet. It will give me extra points so according to your definition of Misrepresentation, it is misrepresenting. What shall I do now?

Breeze00

Star Member
Jun 10, 2018
Category........
FSW
AOR Received.
25-05-2018
Passport Req..
25-09-2018
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2018
What I am going to try is to put work experience as 1 year although I havent finished my 1 year yet. It will give me extra points so according to your definition of Misrepresentation, it is misrepresenting. What shall I do now?
Yes, that is misrepresentation. You will send your appointment letter as part of your documentation once you get an invitation to apply. And Sometimes, they ask for 1 or more years bank statement as additional document. I will advice that you patiently wait till you have one year experience before you apply instead of risking 2 or 5 years ban.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA
Nomination.....
NA
AOR Received.
14-04-2018
IELTS Request
NA
File Transfer...
NA
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
07-04-2018
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
19-06-2018
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2018
LANDED..........
06-09-2018

it says

6) Work Experience

CIC calculator is correct.

mr.preetsingh

VIP Member
Oct 26, 2017
Canada
Category........
FSW
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-04-2018
Doc's Request.
NA