AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Just when I think everything is peachy, I get a curve ball in the mail yesterday... I hope someone here can help me figure this out.

I received a letter from Service Ontario:

"The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is responsible for ensuring that only eligible registrants have access to publicly-funded health services. ServiceOntario is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information recorded in the ministry database under Section 11(2) of the Health Insurance Act.

The given names recorded by the ministry from your Confirmation of Permanent Residence is not the same as the information in Citizenship and Immigration Canada's records.

Please forward a PHOTOCOPY or SCANNED COPY of the front and back of your most recent Canadian immigration document(s), along with this letter, using the enclosed envelope, or the fax number or email address provided below. Please provide a telephone number where you may be reached during the day.

If there has been a legal name change which differs from the name on your immigration document, please send a copy of the legal name change document as well.

This information must be received by January 24, 2012 even if you have been issued a new health card, to ensure that there is no unnecessary interruption to your health coverage.

Thank you for working with us to ensure that our records are accurate, thereby protecting the integrity of the Ontario health care system."

I have looked over absolutely everything I have, and EVERYTHING has my name on it in the exact same way (first, middle, last). The COPR, all emails from CIC, etc. are exactly the same. Even the document they gave me the day I applied for OHIP has my full name. The only thing that doesn't have my full name is this letter from ServiceOntario. I didn't change my last name to my husband's name, nor do I intend to (personal preference), so that can't be the issue. I'm confused as to what exactly the problem might be?

Exactly what documents should I send them? The only real "documents" I have from CIC are the AOR email, Initial Assessment letter, and PPR email. Is this good enough? I also have photocopies of my entire application, but I doubt that's what they're looking for...

Any input?

(Yes, I know I'm not eligible for OHIP till 90 days after landing. I just wanted to get it out of the way now, and they won't send the card till February anyway.)

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Don't you have the COPR? Mine was attached to my passport. I have now removed it but I definately have it. Send in a copy of that I guess... otherwise any official letters/emails you have from CIC.
How weird!

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Yeah, I have the COPR. Definitely sending a copy of that too. I've looked at all the CIC emails and the COPR dozens of times today, and I can't find a single discrepancy. EVERYTHING matches. I'm hoping this was some sort of clerical error by ServiceOntario at some point...

I'm just really confused as to why they say my COPR doesn't match any CIC documents, since the whole process was done and over without any questions like this...

AllisonVSC

Champion Member
Nov 5, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo - Conjugal Partner
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2009
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2009
LANDED..........
04-11-2009
amaranth said:
Yeah, I have the COPR. Definitely sending a copy of that too. I've looked at all the CIC emails and the COPR dozens of times today, and I can't find a single discrepancy. EVERYTHING matches. I'm hoping this was some sort of clerical error by ServiceOntario at some point...

I'm just really confused as to why they say my COPR doesn't match any CIC documents, since the whole process was done and over without any questions like this...
Welcome to Canada....Where bureaucratic incongruousness abounds

Cundles

Dec 13, 2011
Hello Amaranth,

I would be happy to assist you with this matter.

You can contact ServiceOntario either by e-mail at data.validation@ontario.ca or call 613 548 6632

Thank you.

Barb

amaranth

Oct 31, 2009
Toronto & Buffalo
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
Thank you Barb, but I've already been in contact with Service Ontario to clarify what docs they wanted, and emailed exactly what they requested. All they ended up wanting was a copy of the COPR. I'm glad I contacted them to clarify, or I would have ended up sending a bunch of docs they didn't need at all.

I'm still confused about the claim that the names didn't match, but I guess I just need to wait and see if they decide they need anything more. I'm hoping it was just some clerical error!

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Hi Amarnath,

I got a similar letter. What happened in your case ?

I got a new Bridging Open Work Permit on mid Nov 2013 for one year (i.e. expiring Nov 2014). I went to Service ontario to renew my heath card based on this NEW work permit end of Nov .
FYI- I had a closed work permit expiring mid of Dec 2013 .

I have got this letter dated 1st week of december from Service Ontario .

"The Ministry of Health and Long-Term Care is responsible for ensuring that only eligible registrants have access to publicly-funded health services. ServiceOntario is responsible for ensuring the accuracy of the information recorded in the ministry database under Section 11(2) of the Health Insurance Act.

The document identification recorded by the ministry from your work permit is not the same as the information in Citizenship and Immigration Canada's records.

Please forward a PHOTOCOPY or SCANNED COPY of the front and back of your most recent Canadian immigration document(s), along with this letter, using the enclosed envelope, or the fax number or email address provided below. Please provide a telephone number where you may be reached during the day.

If there has been a legal name change which differs from the name on your immigration document, please send a copy of the legal name change document as well.

This information must be received by Feb XX, 2014 even if you have been issued a new health card, to ensure that there is no unnecessary interruption to your health coverage.

Thank you for working with us to ensure that our records are accurate, thereby protecting the integrity of the Ontario health care system."

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
When I initially applied for my OHIP (using my AIP letter) they informed me once I land that I should stop and give them a copy of my COPR to ensure they get me off the 'temporary' list and onto the permanent list.

More than likely, this is exactly what they are looking to do in your case. They have on file for you a different document that you used to begin your OHIP and now those documents no longer match since you landed.

truesmile

Champion Member
Jun 7, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
MNL
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-05-2012
AOR Received.
18-07-2012
File Transfer...
24-07-2012
Med's Done....
18-05-2012
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
05-12-2012
VISA ISSUED...
08-01-2013
LANDED..........
02-02-2013
AllisonVSC said:
Welcome to Canada....Where bureaucratic incongruousness abounds
Yup . . . Welcome to Canada, hurry up and wait!

lrow

Star Member
Mar 16, 2010
Alurra71 said:
When I initially applied for my OHIP (using my AIP letter) they informed me once I land that I should stop and give them a copy of my COPR to ensure they get me off the 'temporary' list and onto the permanent list.

More than likely, this is exactly what they are looking to do in your case. They have on file for you a different document that you used to begin your OHIP and now those documents no longer match since you landed.
Hi Alurra ,

I understand in that your case yours was changed from temporary to Permanent .

But do you think even in my case it could be a similar issue ? Like my previous health card was also on work permit and new one too is based on a work permit. Though the new one is a Bridging Open Work Permit. [Old one was closed wp]

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
lrow said:
Hi Alurra ,

I understand in that your case yours was changed from temporary to Permanent .

But do you think even in my case it could be a similar issue ? Like my previous health card was also on work permit and new one too is based on a work permit. Though the new one is a Bridging Open Work Permit. [Old one was closed wp]
Yes, indeed it very well could be because the documents no longer match.