+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC contact for PR application??

redtape

Jun 21, 2006
Is there not anyway to contact CIC concerning questions regarding the application for permanent residency? I have a few questions that need answering before i can complete and submit the application.

For example: Applicants for PR have to list all family members (dependant children) on their application. What if one of the children is born to a Canadian parent...therefor a canadian citizen? The application for proof of citizenship certificate is in the system. Does this mean we can not apply for PR until my daughters citizenship certificate is issued?

This is just one example of many area's that I can use some clarification on....how do I go about getting said clarification??

I am sponsoring from outside of Canada, and the primary applicant is a Thai national...so what office should we attempt to contact if any....?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
HI

redtape said:
Is there not anyway to contact CIC concerning questions regarding the application for permanent residency? I have a few questions that need answering before i can complete and submit the application.

For example: Applicants for PR have to list all family members (dependant children) on their application. What if one of the children is born to a Canadian parent...therefor a canadian citizen? The application for proof of citizenship certificate is in the system. Does this mean we can not apply for PR until my daughters citizenship certificate is issued?

This is just one example of many area's that I can use some clarification on....how do I go about getting said clarification??

I am sponsoring from outside of Canada, and the primary applicant is a Thai national...so what office should we attempt to contact if any....?
1. The only contact is call centre in Canada, not reachable from outside Canada, some applicant have had success using a Canadian based phone card 1 888 242-2100
2. You can try contacting the Singapore office, but if the question can be answered on www.cic.gc.ca then they probably won't reply.\
3. Your daughter is a canadian citizen, whether or not she has the certificate, so she is not included on the application.

PMM

redtape

Jun 21, 2006
Thank you for the speedy reply PMM.

I do have family in Canada that would definetly put some calls to CIC on my behalf to get some questions answered if need be.

But the only reason I would call is for questions there website cannot answer...ie specifics on certain areas of the form. So I guess I will call the Singapore office and see if they can be of any assisstance.

Than again I may not have to if you keep firing off these helpful replies :)

Thanks again...your input is greatly appreciated...can drive a man crazy having so many quesitons with no answers.

bassem132

Star Member
Apr 2, 2012
syria
Category........
Visa Office......
amman
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03\02\2012
AOR Received.
01\03\2012
File Transfer...
02\03\2012
I submitted my application on February 3, 2012 and got a bail on 28 February and Akhaddt approval Alkiubik on 21 March and sent my file to Jordan on March 1 note I am Syrian, and my wife is Canadian citizenship as possible was the difficult situations in Syria was the reason for the acceleration of acceptance I do not know I wish success to everyone and have information you soo wait much after I passed the first stage

Sweden

VIP Member
Mar 31, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
12/04/2012
File Transfer...
13/07/2012
Med's Done....
02/02/2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
05/11/12, received in Canada 19/11/12
LANDED..........
24/11/12, PR card received 30/01/12
redtape said:
Thank you for the speedy reply PMM.

I do have family in Canada that would definetly put some calls to CIC on my behalf to get some questions answered if need be.

But the only reason I would call is for questions there website cannot answer...ie specifics on certain areas of the form. So I guess I will call the Singapore office and see if they can be of any assisstance.

Than again I may not have to if you keep firing off these helpful replies :)

Thanks again...your input is greatly appreciated...can drive a man crazy having so many quesitons with no answers.
Hey redtape ( like your name btw, very appropriate to the situation!),

you can try having somebody calling CIC, but just for you to be aware - it's usually a long waiting time and the answers are not always precise.

Don't hesitate to post in this forum - most people here have done the process themselves, and so they (we) know what it is like to go through the paperwork...

Good luck with putting together your application,
Sweden

MilesAway

Champion Member
Jul 26, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-09-2014
Doc's Request.
09-04-2015
AOR Received.
12-11-2014
File Transfer...
30-10-2014
Med's Done....
26-08-2014
Passport Req..
23-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
07-05-2015
LANDED..........
04-06-2015
Good info Sweden, however I believe the original poster is long gone. This was originally posted in 2006, so the rules have probably changed several times since then!
I'm not sure why bassem felt the need to bring this back up, especially since their post is not in the slightest bit relevant to the original post.