+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Citizenship Pilot Project

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
If it is not a scam, then it’s a great news. Anyway I would be double cautious about receiving phone calls from the government officials.

I suggest that you spend some time googling around for this pilot project to confirm its existence.
I did try to google and found no information about it which is why I posted here to see if anyone has some information.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
When I called last Thursday, the agent did not mention anything about pilot project but he asked if I would like an officer to call me back within 7 days with more info about my case. I said yes and he said to prepare a list of questions that I would like to ask and he sent me an email afterwards to confirm what he said over the phone.
I applied Oct 16, AOR Nov 29, IP Jan 11. I am from Manitoba but 8 hours away from local IRCC. I will be scheduled when the itinerant services comes to a place 3hrs away from me and they come only once a year. They had to come end of May as their tbd on the website but no updates so far and after IP I have not hear form them, this is why I called. Anyway lets hope whoever call back have some useful info lol
Nice... so I am not the only one offered this. Let us know how it goes when you receive the call.

Reactions: N_Shine

Psalm91

Star Member
Jul 2, 2013
Two weeks ago I called the call Center and after the telephone call the agent offered me this service which I accepted. And yes I was called after 7 working days. Missed the call and then they called back next day. It’s just normal status check of your application, and will also ask you if there’s anything you wish to discuss, and after the call she asked if she can send me an email survey . Which I accepted.

****Thank you for applying for Canadian citizenship

We hope the phone call you received from the citizenship officer was helpful to you. Please give us your feedback/comments about this citizenship officer call-back service. You do not need to give us your name. Your answers are anonymous and will help Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada improve our client service. Your comments will have no impact on the outcome of your application for citizenship.

To complete the survey, please click the link******

There’s no difference between the information she gives u and that of the call Center, just that she’s more relaxed and looked into details, unlike call Center some of them have no clue , some just want to get you off the phone. And some of the call agents too are frustrated from rudely clients who calls. And also tired.

Customer service call Center is a difficult job, had a friend work at Rogers and she quit after three months. So I don’t blame the call Center agent sometimes.

But other than that it’s just someone calling to clarify any questions u might have, and no it’s not from your local office.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
It's going to be the typical answer you receive from cic call center agent. (12 months processing time, every case is different etc ...)

I think it's more of a survey than actually trying to help applicants

Reactions: N_Shine

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Two weeks ago I called the call Center and after the telephone call the agent offered me this service which I accepted. And yes I was called after 7 working days. Missed the call and then they called back next day. It’s just normal status check of your application, and will also ask you if there’s anything you wish to discuss, and after the call she asked if she can send me an email survey . Which I accepted.

****Thank you for applying for Canadian citizenship

We hope the phone call you received from the citizenship officer was helpful to you. Please give us your feedback/comments about this citizenship officer call-back service. You do not need to give us your name. Your answers are anonymous and will help Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada improve our client service. Your comments will have no impact on the outcome of your application for citizenship.

To complete the survey, please click the link******

There’s no difference between the information she gives u and that of the call Center, just that she’s more relaxed and looked into details, unlike call Center some of them have no clue , some just want to get you off the phone. And some of the call agents too are frustrated from rudely clients who calls. And also tired.

Customer service call Center is a difficult job, had a friend work at Rogers and she quit after three months. So I don’t blame the call Center agent sometimes.

But other than that it’s just someone calling to clarify any questions u might have, and no it’s not from your local office.
Interesting...thanks! so now I know what to expect...

ZingyDNA

Champion Member
Aug 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-08-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
21-02-2014 (principal applicant)
Med's Done....
07-03-2014 (both, upfront for spouse)
Passport Req..
10-04-2014
VISA ISSUED...
22-04-2014
LANDED..........
13-06-2014
It's going to be the typical answer you receive from cic call center agent. (12 months processing time, every case is different etc ...)

I think it's more of a survey than actually trying to help applicants
Is the phone call coming from one of the call centre agents, or the officers who actually do interviews, look into your docs, and process your application? The former won't help you much, but if it's the latter, you can ask questions like "Did you received my finger prints?", "How do my docs look for my RQ?", or "Are there any concerns for my application?" etc.

imm_leb_01

Apr 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28 February 2013
AOR Received.
11 April 2013
Med's Request
25 April 2013
Med's Done....
8 May 2013
Interview........
RPRF Request june 18th
Passport Req..
26 February 2014
VISA ISSUED...
5 March 2014
LANDED..........
29 March 2014
Is the phone call coming from one of the call centre agents, or the officers who actually do interviews, look into your docs, and process your application? The former won't help you much, but if it's the latter, you can ask questions like "Did you received my finger prints?", "How do my docs look for my RQ?", or "Are there any concerns for my application?" etc.
From what i understood it's from an officer but not the one processing your application. I am just guessing it will be the typical answers.

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
So I received a call today morning from an immigration officer. The officer was very nice and said that my application is in line for test invitation and after the invitation expect Oath to be in the next 1 month. I was told if I don't receive a test invitation by July I should call and tell the customer service that this is what I was told by immigration officer who I spoke to.

I wasn't offered to take part in any survey. It was a brief 5 minutes call and answered my questions.

sns204

Champion Member
Dec 12, 2012
So I received a call today morning from an immigration officer. The officer was very nice and said that my application is in line for test invitation and after the invitation expect Oath to be in the next 1 month. I was told if I don't receive a test invitation by July I should call and tell the customer service that this is what I was told by immigration officer who I spoke to.

I wasn't offered to take part in any survey. It was a brief 5 minutes call and answered my questions.
Did you feel it was any better than just having talked with a call centre agent? Did the person identify themselves as the actual officer overlooking your progress?

Jun-San

Sep 29, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP OTTAWA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2013
AOR Received.
08-03-2013
Med's Request
02-12-2013
Med's Done....
04-12-2013
Passport Req..
16-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
16-12-2013
LANDED..........
02-01-2014
Unless there is an issue with the application, there isn't much to discuss or ask. All is needed is one question: When will you finish my application?!!
Hahahahaha thats so true! And what’s the hold up!?

bu ayaan

Apr 8, 2012
Toronto
LANDED..........
18-07-2012
Did you feel it was any better than just having talked with a call centre agent? Did the person identify themselves as the actual officer overlooking your progress?
I think there is a huge difference when you talk to an officer. The information is much more detailed than the usual answers you get when you call the call centre. You get to know what to expect next and what timeline will it be in rather than just relying on spreadsheet information.