+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC - Citizenship Application - Average timeline (2012 and 2013)

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone,

I have seen many forum member asking questions about when should they be contacting CPC over telephone or email,for an update.

Looking at the response of forum members, I have these observations and feel free to correct me if I am wrong:-

- Average time for online status visibility - 8 to 10 weeks (From the time the application was received by CIC Sydney)
- Average time for application to be transferred from CPC - Sydney to local office - 4 to 6 months (From the time they received the application i.e. 3 to 5 months once they start processing your application)
- Average time for invitation for test - 9 to 12 months from the date they started processing your application
- Average time for invitation for oath - 1 to 4 months after the applicant passed the test.

This is what I have observed as per the comments of forum member.

tstarks

Star Member
Jun 1, 2010
GTA
Category........
Visa Office......
Alberta
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-10-2010
Doc's Request.
30-11-2010
File Transfer...
16-01-2011
Interview........
10-12-2012
Interesting stats Rocky, thanks for compiling them!

I have been going through individual forum threads and the timelines seem to be in line with what people have mentioned. They give me hope as they are not as bad as the ones published on CIC website, i.e. 25 months (routine app) and 35 months (non-routine).

Hopefully we continue to see the timelines getting shorter and quicker.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tstarks said:
Interesting stats Rocky, thanks for compiling them!

I have been going through individual forum threads and the timelines seem to be in line with what people have mentioned. They give me hope as they are not as bad as the ones published on CIC website, i.e. 25 months (routine app) and 35 months (non-routine).

Hopefully we continue to see the timelines getting shorter and quicker.
Thanks.

I have seen many forum members asking the same questions. I believe these are very common questions most of the applicants ask and I would ask other members to update thread with more general observations with respect to 2012-2013 timeline.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
After looking at forum members updates, looks like my observation is correct.

Posting it to keep the thread active.

rocky272727

VIP Member
May 21, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
One more observation. RQ

For the applicants who has received RQ, there time line is around two months from the date there application status changed to In Process.

I.e. From the date they started processing your file to the date the applicant receives the RQ, it has normally taken 2 to 2.5 months.

Just an observation from the post of the forum members