+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Canadian Immigration Consultancy Experience

roniel

Mar 10, 2017
Hi Guys,

I have been thinking of availing CIC's migration consultancy services. I've been doing quiet a research on company's service and feedback from clients, but didn't really see any solid results (positive or negative feedback). I am thinking of reaching out to CIC (Canadian Immigration Consultancy) in SM North Edsa Branch.

Can anyone share any experiences, feedback or any output on CIC (Canadian Immigration Consultancy)please.

Thank you,
Roniel

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Guys,

I have been thinking of availing CIC's migration consultancy services. I've been doing quiet a research on company's service and feedback from clients, but didn't really see any solid results (positive or negative feedback). I am thinking of reaching out to CIC (Canadian Immigration Consultancy) in SM North Edsa Branch.

Can anyone share any experiences, feedback or any output on CIC (Canadian Immigration Consultancy)please.

Thank you,
Roniel
I think they do have some success stories, but if you're willing to do the research, you can apply to migrate on your own.

All you have to do is to read this forum every day and you'll know how to do it.

roniel

Mar 10, 2017
I think they do have some success stories, but if you're willing to do the research, you can apply to migrate on your own.

All you have to do is to read this forum every day and you'll know how to do it.
Hi Bellaluna,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, but time is something that I don't really have since I have 2 Jobs so I'm just looking forward to hire a professional that can assist me to migrate to Canada.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Hi Bellaluna,

Thanks for the reply. Yeah, but time is something that I don't really have since I have 2 Jobs so I'm just looking forward to hire a professional that can assist me to migrate to Canada.
I also had consultant for a while. They just pretty much gave me the document checklist and I still had to do all the work, especially the ECA and IELTS and filling up the application form (they just checked it), getting bank certificates and COEs.

Getting a consultant now also won’t speed up your immigration (unless you have a masters degree, get CLB 9 IELTS, and you’re in your 20s, which guarantees you an ITA) because they are also at the mercy of the timing of immigration programs/PNPs that will open. At this point, you have time because you don’t have to rush anything.

I learned my lesson. That’s the extent of what consultants actually do. They tend to sugar coat promises to get clients, so be careful also of what they say. They have no real power or influence in getting you an ITA. They follow the programs like everyone else. I ended up getting my PR on my own because I felt I knew my case better than the consultant.

That said, if you can afford it and you think you need it, it’s your decision.

Last edited:

roniel

Mar 10, 2017
I also had consultant for a while. They just pretty much gave me the document checklist and I still had to do all the work, especially the ECA and IELTS and filling up the application form (they just checked it), getting bank certificates and COEs.

Getting a consultant now also won’t speed up your immigration (unless you have a masters degree, get CLB 9 IELTS, and you’re in your 20s, which guarantees you an ITA) because they are also at the mercy of the timing of immigration programs/PNPs that will open. At this point, you have time because you don’t have to rush anything.

I learned my lesson. That’s the extent of what consultants actually do. They tend to sugar coat promises to get clients, so be careful also of what they say. They have no real power or influence in getting you an ITA. They follow the programs like everyone else. I ended up getting my PR on my own because I felt I knew my case better than the consultant.

That said, if you can afford it and you think you need it, it’s your decision.
Thank you so much for the informative input - i really appreciate it. Would it be okay if you can name the consultant or agency you had before? Also, what does ITA stand for?

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thank you so much for the informative input - i really appreciate it. Would it be okay if you can name the consultant or agency you had before? Also, what does ITA stand for?
It was a Canadian agency based in Toronto.

ITA = invitation to apply (for permanent residence)...you essentially cannot apply for PR without one...consultants will tell you you're eligible for PR, but many people are...but what's more important is that you can calculate your CRS score to meet the cutoff for ITAs.

You can estimate your CRS score here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Then you can check the previous cutoffs here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

As you can see, the last CRS cutoff was 442...so that's the score range you should aim for. That's why most people and consultants use PNPs because it adds 600 points without a job offer, and guarantees an ITA.

I've heard of some people on this forum get PR through Canadian Immigration Consultancy, so they seem capable.

Last edited:

roniel

Mar 10, 2017
It was a Canadian agency based in Toronto.

ITA = invitation to apply (for permanent residence)...you essentially cannot apply for PR without one...consultants will tell you you're eligible for PR, but many people are...but what's more important is that you can calculate your CRS score to meet the cutoff for ITAs.

You can estimate your CRS score here:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp

Then you can check the previous cutoffs here:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/become-candidate/rounds-invitations/results-previous.html

As you can see, the last CRS cutoff was 442...so that's the score range you should aim for. That's why most people and consultants use PNPs because it adds 600 points without a job offer, and guarantees an ITA.

I've heard of some people on this forum get PR through Canadian Immigration Consultancy, so they seem capable.
Awesome, thank you and I will definitely look over this.

akosijared

Star Member
Jan 3, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thank you,
Roniel
I am one of their client, so far so good naman ang experience ko sa kanila. All questions are answered accordingly naman and mabilis ang response. Very keen sila sa mga documents at may mga revisions na papagawa if needed. Inuupdate din nila ko if may mga province sa Canada na ppunta sa pinas for seminars and if gusto mo mag Student Permit meron silang mga list ng schools na pwede irefer sayo na hindi na kailangan ng IELTS.

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Hi Guys,

Thank you,
Roniel
Hi Roniel! Did you push through with CIC? If yes, how is it going? May plano din kasi kami to consult them. Hope to heat from you soon :)

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Wow! Congrats. May I know kung saan specific branch ka and anong visa type? :) nag attend kami ng orientation nila last saturday.

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Study Visa kming dalawang anak ko then OWP naman kay misis.. sa SM North EDSA branch kami..
Parehas po pala tayo. Study Visa po ako then OWP kay husband. Saan province po kau? And regarding po sa work, nakahanap po ba kau agad ng work prehas ng wife nio? Thanks po :)

glowingglory

May 24, 2018
Sa Kelowna,BC.. uu madami work dito, ikaw pa mamimili ng sched na gusto mo.. :)
Thank you sa info. Narerelieve un worry ko from hearing first-hand experiences from people like you. Mejo malaki din kasing rist itong ittake namin. Hopefully maging okay din un plan namin just likr yours. :)