App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Just had a good lengthy discussion with a pretty good CIC Call Centre Agent who indicated my application was in "Background Checks". I enquired what that meant and she said that it includes "Security, Criminality and Medicals". In essence everything! So getting a response from them that your application is in background checks does not really mean much - right?

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
Amisnic said:
Just had a good lengthy discussion with a pretty good CIC Call Centre Agent who indicated my application was in "Background Checks". I enquired what that meant and she said that it includes "Security, Criminality and Medicals". In essence everything! So getting a response from them that your application is in background checks does not really mean much - right?
Background check usually means first and second review for eligibility and criminality.

Amisnic

Champion Member
Mar 28, 2014
Visa Office......
Sydney NS
NOC Code......
NOC 2133
App. Filed.......
30-04-2014
AOR Received.
22-05-2014
Med's Done....
20-03-2015
LANDED..........
02-06-2015
Background checks is associated with "admissibility" rather than "eligibility".

Hichaman said:
Background check usually means first and second review for eligibility and criminality.

Hichaman

Mar 12, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
NOC Code......
2**2
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02-2014
AOR Received.
03-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with the application
File Transfer...
03-2014
Med's Request
04-2015
Med's Done....
04-2015
Interview........
Waived Alhamdolilah
Passport Req..
06-2015
VISA ISSUED...
06-2015
LANDED..........
08-2015 :)
if you know the answer why would you ask about it in the first place? when I was due for second review I called CIC agent and he said background check is still going.

VS1987

Nov 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
NOC A
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-04-2014
AOR Received.
06-06-2014
IELTS Request
with application
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
24-10-2014
Hichaman said:
if you know the answer why would you ask about it in the first place? when I was due for second review I called CIC agent and he said background check is still going.
From My experience I would say Background check is something CIC do with Third Party Security Agency.
It can involve Security and Criminality for all the listed Family members(if any accompanying to Canada) and PA.
They get response from those Third Party agency and and CIC translate(separate) them between Criminality and Security. Also they checks with each country you have visited.

And that form we filled out at the time of application make sense now.

number411

Jul 10, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question on BG checks.

Does the 3rd party agency contact HR or my manager to verify if I'm really working in a company etc, i.e. to verify the contents of employer reference letter?

All of Security Criminality Medicals can be checked using the documents we submitted, for ex PCC and Medical report right?

Reactions: manutheguy

Reet_V

Jul 13, 2017
My file is under background check since last one and half years even under CEC; express entry. As per the recent call with CIC, they are doing a third party verification. I do not know what for. I heard Third part verification is not done in each and every file and mostly done on file with applicants have provided services to Policy or Miltary. I have nothing sort of same done; however, I visited countries other than my home countries if that brings it to third party verification.

saudagar2018

Jun 18, 2018
I have applied under Canadian Experience Class and my application is in progress for last 96 days. I received AOR on July 7, 2018. Medical status changed to pass on 12 July, since that time it shows "we are processing your background check". I contacted to CIC-Ottawa and they sent me this message "Your file is currently under review and requires additional verifications. As a result, the assessment period will be outside of our posted processing times.
Unfortunately at this time we are not able to determine when your application will be finalized, but our office will contact you as soon as all verifications are completed, or if any additional information or documents are required.
I don't know what does it mean and what is going on in my file. I am extremely worried because my work permit is going to expire on Dec 31 2018.
thanks,
Amar

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
I have a question on BG checks.

Does the 3rd party agency contact HR or my manager to verify if I'm really working in a company etc, i.e. to verify the contents of employer reference letter?

All of Security Criminality Medicals can be checked using the documents we submitted, for ex PCC and Medical report right?
This is indeed a very question. I had a similar question: Does being at IP2 stage (background check) mean that your uploaded documents have been already verified?

Reet_V

Jul 13, 2017
Mine is under background check since last one and half years. I have four years of overseas work experience and three years of Canadian Work experience. I visited two different countries during my Vacation before and after submission of my application; however, my stay was there for two weeks - two months.

CIC agent says my file is under additional verification which after contacting bunch of immigration professionals, i understand that if any provided information on file is not clear to immigration officer or they are suspicious/not sure about any provided information, they go for third party verification. However, I am hearing this is kinda happening in many cases.

Last edited:

aasaf

Dec 19, 2017
Mine is under background check since last one and half years. I have four years of overseas work experience and three years of Canadian Work experience. I visited two different countries during my Vacation before and after submission of my application; however, my stay was there for two weeks - two months.

CIC agent says my file is under additional verification which after contacting bunch of immigration professionals, i understand that if any provided information on file is not clear to immigration officer or they are suspicious/not sure about any provided information, they go for third party verification. However, I am hearing this is kinda happening in many cases.
Oh! I hope you get your PR soon.
Do you mind to tell us what your nationality is?
Have you ever got GCMS notes? If yes, what do the latest and the first ones say about your case?

Last edited: