+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asks for another medical- PLEASE READ

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
Hello everyone,

I submitted my PR through EE in mid-July. Just Last week I received a message from CIC requesting a new medical. The message didn't even mention mine and my spouses previous upfront exam results. The status of the medical was passed. Now the status of medical says in progress so I am confused. Has this happened to anyone else? There's still three months till expiry of our medical results. Thank you.

er.satnamsinghbhullar

Apr 30, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
15 june
Med's Done....
25 june
alina7 said:
Hello everyone,

I submitted my PR through EE in mid-July. Just Last week I received a message from CIC requesting a new medical. The message didn't even mention mine and my spouses previous upfront exam results. The status of the medical was passed. Now the status of medical says in progress so I am confused. Has this happened to anyone else? There's still three months till expiry of our medical results. Thank you.
When did u have ur previous medical exam??

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you have 3 months left then chances are you might have to do it again since there is not much time left for you to receive your copr and land before it expires. Mine were expiring in Feb and i got a request to do them again in Nov.

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
er.satnamsinghbhullar said:
When did u have ur previous medical exam??
It was beginning of April. I emailed CIC about it , no reply yet. Tried calling , they are closed. In their message they said I have 30 days to do the medical. I just wonder if I should go ahead and book the appointment or wait till their reply. Both my spouse and I will have to travel to another city, that's why I'm in doubts.

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
alina7 said:
Hello everyone,

Anybody has any advise please?

fordori

Star Member
Nov 18, 2016
alina7 said:
It was beginning of April. I emailed CIC about it , no reply yet. Tried calling , they are closed. In their message they said I have 30 days to do the medical. I just wonder if I should go ahead and book the appointment or wait till their reply. Both my spouse and I will have to travel to another city, that's why I'm in doubts.
You have to land before your medical expires (12 months validity). So if you took them in April, CIC probably feels there's not enough time left to ensure you will land before the 12 months period once you get your PR. If I were you I would go ahead and do a new medical.

moonpat83

Star Member
Sep 20, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alina7 said:
Anybody has any advise please?
You should book an appointment. As i previously said you will have to take it again if you have 3 months left

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
moonpat83 said:
You should book an appointment. As i previously said you will have to take it again if you have 3 months left
Actually when I saved the form on my computer, there were only details of my spouse filled out. they did not list my details. could it be because I live in Canada already ? It seems like they only requested my husband's exam retake because he lives in another country.

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
alina7 said:
Actually when I saved the form on my computer, there were only details of my spouse filled out. they did not list my details. could it be because I live in Canada already ? It seems like they only requested my husband's exam retake because he lives in another country.
Is it normal that they ask just for my husband's medical and not mine?

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
fordori said:
You have to land before your medical expires (12 months validity). So if you took them in April, CIC probably feels there's not enough time left to ensure you will land before the 12 months period once you get your PR. If I were you I would go ahead and do a new medical.
I'm already in Canada though so technically I'm landed. When I saved the form there were just details of my husband, who is in another country. Do you know if it's normal that they request for just one spouse to retake the exam? Thanks!

Blessing1

Star Member
Jul 26, 2015
AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland.....CIO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2014
Doc's Request.
Upfront
Nomination.....
28-07-2015
AOR Received.
03-12-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
Passed
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
20-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
5 Jan, 2016
LANDED..........
15 Jan, 2016.
alina7 said:
Is it normal that they ask just for my husband's medical and not mine?
That has been the standard practice to the best of my knowledge. The Medicals are automatically extended for people already in Canada. I am afraid your hubby would have to repeat the Medicals.

alina7

Mar 15, 2014
Blessing1 said:
That has been the standard practice to the best of my knowledge. The Medicals are automatically extended for people already in Canada. I am afraid your hubby would have to repeat the Medicals.
Thank you ! He already signed up for another one! I just wasn't sure why they didn't request mine too, so your answer put my mind to ease , thank you :)