+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC asking for Police Clearance

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Hi friends in this forum
I received an email from my attorney sent by CIC Manila and the embassy is asking for "California Police Clearance". Where can I go to get this?. I was first asked to submit an FBI clearance that I submitted 2 months ago. Can I go to any police stations in California? I am a little confuse since my attorney specifically indicated that I need to get a "California Police Clearance" and not just a "City Police Clearance".

Thanks in advance for your prompt responses..

hao8165

Feb 2, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo, NY
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
10-07-2009
Doc's Request.
03-09-2009
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
13-10-2009
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
11-05-2010
Med's Request
08-09-2010
Med's Done....
23-09-2010
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
22-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
26-10-2010 (In person)
Please see the following webpage:

http://ag.ca.gov/fingerprints/forms/visa_immigration_clearance.pdf

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
thanks hao8165 for the webpage provided.
Does anyone here knows why CIC-MANILA still requiring an applicant to furnish police clearance after you provided them FBI report/certificate? My understanding is that if one committed a crime it will be reflected on the FBI report? So if this is the case why is it necessary to obtain a police certificate?

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

reydon123 said:
thanks hao8165 for the webpage provided.
Does anyone here knows why CIC-MANILA still requiring an applicant to furnish police clearance after you provided them FBI report/certificate? My understanding is that if one committed a crime it will be reflected on the FBI report? So if this is the case why is it necessary to obtain a police certificate?
Well if your "consultant' had read the instructions, s/he would have seen that not only do you need a FBI certificate, but one for every state that you had resided in for 6 months or more. All states don't report all crimes to the FBI, especially DUIs

PMM

JMS_CHN

Nov 16, 2009
Hi,

I am also in a similar situation. I have submitted the FBI certifictae couple of months before and now CHC, Delhi is asking for California Police clearance certificate. Can I use the FBI finger print card for this purpose?. I am in India now and can you let me know typical timeframe for getting the certificate from California police.

Also, CHC have asked me to submit this in 45 days time. can I get an extension for this from CHC.

Thanks in advace for your help

JMS_CHN

lenkact

Feb 11, 2009
Before issue any type of Police Clearence, State and FBI both checks your identity with CJIS (Criminal Justice Investigative Service) It is the samething they ask twice. why not give!

Alpha Romeo

Star Member
Jun 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila, Philippines
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
02/27/2009
AOR Received.
03/03/2009
File Transfer...
10/08/2009
Med's Request
07/13/11
Med's Done....
08/17/11
Interview........
WAIVED
Passport Req..
01/11/12
VISA ISSUED...
1/30/12
LANDED..........
03/17/2012
Hello! Reydon,

What I know is they really require both PCC and FBI. Where did you go for your FBI? Did you do it to a livescan agency? I know sooner, I have to do all of these things that's why I keep on searching now. Any suggestion. I found this agency on the website and they are also doing the ink, maybe I will go to this agency (A1 live scan). There office is here in downtown LA.

reydon123

Star Member
Nov 5, 2008
Hey Alpha, I did go to an agency and did the ink both for my FBI and PCC. It took approximately 2 weeks for both to receive in the mail.
I think what ur doing is right, accomplishing the soon to be needed documents. Also did you accomplish the "PERSONAL NET WORTH" forms? Kc dito ako natagalan, after I submitted all my completed forms, my lawyer is not aware that I have to accomplish this, I think, Manila specific form ito eh, ayun imbes na medical request ang dumating eh sulat to accomplish this form. Better check out this form.
K. Balitaan tayo.

ainpgal

Oct 27, 2009
Do you know where to follow-up the FBI police clearance? (Like e-mail address) We requested a FBI clearance and we just wanna know if they sent it already to us.
Your reply will be much appreciated.