+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Approved clinic refusing to follow CIC guideline?

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
Hello guys,

This situation is really puzzling to me.

I have my Upfront Medical appointment coming up for Express Entry.
Unfortunately, my passport is with another country's embassy as my visa application is being processed right now.

The GYD Health clinic in Hyderabad is telling me that they will not do a medical check if I don't have my original passport.
They are insisting that this is a Canadian govt rule.

But the CIC site clearly says I can bring any original ID document with photo and signature, like Driver's license. (See "What to bring" in the link below.)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/medical/medexams-perm.asp

I had already booked a flight to Hyderabad for this check up.
Any ideas on how I can get them to take my medical exam?

Tapas

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
my clinic in London insisted on a passport. try another clinic if you cant fulfil their requirements.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
xpressentry said:
my clinic in London insisted on a passport. try another clinic if you cant fulfil their requirements.
Got it. Maybe its the clinic's own rule.
I have to find one that will accept alternate id.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
tapas07 said:
Got it. Maybe its the clinic's own rule.
I have to find one that will accept alternate id.
according to CIC guidelines, the clinic has to check the applicant's ID and the passport is the safest bet. if they dont follow protocol, they can be kicked out of the panel and will lose a lot of money in revenue. they have to safeguard their interests.

tapas07

Mar 12, 2017
xpressentry said:
according to CIC guidelines, the clinic has to check the applicant's ID and the passport is the safest bet. if they dont follow protocol, they can be kicked out of the panel and will lose a lot of money in revenue. they have to safeguard their interests.
I understand it's in their interest to ensure a person's identity. But the Canadian govt. themselves list Driver's license as an example of ID proof in their website.
By not accepting this as valid ID proof, they are not following direct protocol :D

Anyway, can't force clinics to do their job. I'll have to spend my money elsewhere.

shaheerjaved

Oct 25, 2016
tapas07 said:
I understand it's in their interest to ensure a person's identity. But the Canadian govt. themselves list Driver's license as an example of ID proof in their website.
By not accepting this as valid ID proof, they are not following direct protocol :D

Anyway, can't force clinics to do their job. I'll have to spend my money elsewhere.
Would suggest you to nake arrangemenys for the passport. You will.not find a clinic which will.allow you to undergo a med without original passport.

karthik2479

Apr 19, 2017
shaheerjaved said:
Would suggest you to nake arrangemenys for the passport. You will.not find a clinic which will.allow you to undergo a med without original passport.
Please remember CIC is putting a guideline and the final ID proof depends on the country. In US/UK and many other countries, driving license is accepted because it is issued against strict protocol and not every one may have passport (I am not mentioning about CIC procedures alone but even in airports, etc.). In India, passport is insisted because it is easy to obtain DL - that's my view. So they are not in violation of CIC guideline.

xpressentry

VIP Member
Nov 27, 2016
London
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-03-2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A - upfront
AOR Received.
29-03-2017
IELTS Request
Upfront
File Transfer...
Waiting
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
28-03-2017
Passport Req..
Waiting
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
Waiting
karthik2479 said:
Please remember CIC is putting a guideline and the final ID proof depends on the country. In US/UK and many other countries, driving license is accepted because it is issued against strict protocol and not every one may have passport (I am not mentioning about CIC procedures alone but even in airports, etc.). In India, passport is insisted because it is easy to obtain DL - that's my view. So they are not in violation of CIC guideline.
My wife got a DL in India without a test. In some states in India, people gift DLs as an 18th bday gift - no driving lessons and no tests involved.