+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC and Non-Accompanying dependent child without medicals

caro

Apr 22, 2011
I am sponsoring my husband for PR. He has a dependent child who will not be accompanying him to Canada. The mother's child is refusing to allow him to get medical exams for the child. We will provide proof of our efforts to contact her and sign a declaration that my husband understands he will never be able to sponsor the child to Canada in the future. However, I would like to know from people's previous experiences, what actions does CIC typically take in these situations? Do they normally approve PR with proof of the ex refusing medicals and signing a declaration, or do they still deny PR even with proof?

I have read mixed answers about this topic. I'd like to hear more responses about the actions that CIC typically takes in this situation.

Jun 26, 2011
The vast majority of the time they will send you a second request for the non-accompanying child medicals ignoring all of your explanations, and will give you 60 days to comply under threat of denying your application.

I know that's not what you want to hear but it's how that particular rule is handled, especially lately.