Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
I spent nearly an hour waiting on the phone before an agent (who sounded quite exasperated) came on. His responses below might be useful to some of you:

Question
: For #11 on the details of employment history - What data should I put in for the contact name/phone/email if unemployed (even for few weeks)?
Answer: Just put N/A

Question: For #14 on travel documents - Does "travel document" include PR card and NEXUS card?
Answer: The PR card and NEXUS card are not considered travel documents. Just put your passport information.

Question: Document checklist does not mention CoPR - why? Does this need to be included?
Answer: If the checklist does not mention CoPR, no need to include a copy. (I was very surprised with this answer - can someone else please check with another agent as well?)

Question: I am still unable to print CIT0002. Do I need to wait for updated documents, or can I use another PDF viewer to remove security and print?
Answer: I recommend that you wait. We have been advised that the application form will be updated very shortly.

quecumquevera

Jan 29, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-07-2014
AOR Received.
12-09-2014
Med's Request
20-03-2015
Med's Done....
25-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
19-06-2015
LANDED..........
23-06-2015
Thank you for sharing!

jsm0085

Champion Member
Feb 26, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I spent nearly an hour waiting on the phone before an agent (who sounded quite exasperated) came on. His responses below might be useful to some of you:

Question
: For #11 on the details of employment history - What data should I put in for the contact name/phone/email if unemployed (even for few weeks)?

Question: For #14 on travel documents - Does "travel document" include PR card and NEXUS card?
Answer: The PR card and NEXUS card are not considered travel documents. Just put your passport information.

Question: Document checklist does not mention CoPR - why? Does this need to be included?
Answer: If the checklist does not mention CoPR, no need to include a copy. (I was very surprised with this answer - can someone else please check with another agent as well?)

Question: I am still unable to print CIT0002. Do I need to wait for updated documents, or can I use another PDF viewer to remove security and print?
Answer: I recommend that you wait. We have been advised that the application form will be updated very shortly.
The updated application guide states they need a copy of the copr or pr card. I'm sending it for sure.

Reactions: ChippyBoy

PROC6

May 3, 2017
In the Instruction guide, Step 3 Gather Your Documents, it mentions the following,

Submit the following documents with your application:

• original printout of your Online Physical Presence Calculation or form CIT 0407
  • photocopies of one of your immigration documents:
    • Record of Landing (IMM 1000)
    • Confirmation of Permanent Residence (IMM 5292 or IMM 5688)
    • Permanent Resident Card (PR Card)
    • Verification of Status document
  • photocopies of all valid and expired passports or travel documents you had in the past 5 years. If you don’t have these documents or there are gaps in time between travel documents, we will ask for an explanation.
  • if you didn’t have a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 2 pieces of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph
  • if you had a passport in the past 5 years:
    • photocopies of 1 piece of government issued identification with your name, date of birth and photograph

molotoff1984

Star Member
Jan 11, 2013
Hi guys, small question on question 11 - if should I put make 'To' date as 'PRESENT' for my present ongoing job, or today's month and year?

vancouverbc2013

Sep 20, 2013

Question

Thank you so much man!

cupcakes

Jan 10, 2014
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
Nomination.....
04-06-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2015
Med's Request
30-01-2015
Med's Done....
31-01-2015
Passport Req..
05-15-2015
VISA ISSUED...
05-25-2015
LANDED..........
06-15-2015
Yes, I'm aware it was in the instruction guide - but not in the document checklist. I think it's a (major) oversight by IRCC, but the agent simply said not to include it. I will still include a copy of the CoPR regardless, but I just wanted to relay his responses here. If someone else can also check, that would be good.

AnilGurung

Nov 9, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPO-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2013
AOR Received.
09-07-2013
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
30-1-2014
Med's Done....
05-02-2014
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
19/02/2014
VISA ISSUED...
25/02/2014
LANDED..........
1/03/2014
i wonder if anyone asked about 10a ?

mosaab

Oct 12, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Cairo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
AOR Received.
26-06-2013
File Transfer...
05-07-2013
Med's Done....
18-05-2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
06-01-2014
VISA ISSUED...
03-16-2014
LANDED..........
05-02-2014
  1. I just finished a call with CIC, my questionswere about the eligibility period for its 5 years before the application and I have been in Canada for 3 years and half. The first question was about the police certificate, do I need one for the time I spent back home (living) before I come to Canada? he said yes because they are asking for that in the website ( what asmart guy :) ). I told him ok that means I lived out Canada for a period of time and If I answer question 9c YES I need then to fill out a form and this form is not for me its " crown servant!! how come! he put me on hold for 15 mins then came back saying ok sir this is not applicable for you because you dont want to count days while you were out Canada!! I told him that means the form needs to be more clear and specific and not fair to ask the people who dont have pre-pr credit all these questions and requirements , he didnt know what to say, he doesnt even that the form is non-printable

abdoulome

Jan 9, 2014
  1. I just finished a call with CIC, my questionswere about the eligibility period for its 5 years before the application and I have been in Canada for 3 years and half. The first question was about the police certificate, do I need one for the time I spent back home (living) before I come to Canada? he said yes because they are asking for that in the website ( what asmart guy :) ). I told him ok that means I lived out Canada for a period of time and If I answer question 9c YES I need then to fill out a form and this form is not for me its " crown servant!! how come! he put me on hold for 15 mins then came back saying ok sir this is not applicable for you because you dont want to count days while you were out Canada!! I told him that means the form needs to be more clear and specific and not fair to ask the people who dont have pre-pr credit all these questions and requirements , he didnt know what to say, he doesnt even that the form is non-printable
Mossad , hey ! just read your post. wanted to know if we are on the same boat, I am trying to reach cic but they are taken. I moved to Canada on july 9th 2014 as a PR , prior this I was in the states and I had to submit my fbi background check. knowing that I have always lived in Canada since I have made the move(I did travel in the states here and there but no more than 2 weeks), do you or anyone knows if I have to re-submit a new fbi background check ?

AksVanCan88

Oct 11, 2017
Mossad , hey ! just read your post. wanted to know if we are on the same boat, I am trying to reach cic but they are taken. I moved to Canada on july 9th 2014 as a PR , prior this I was in the states and I had to submit my fbi background check. knowing that I have always lived in Canada since I have made the move(I did travel in the states here and there but no more than 2 weeks), do you or anyone knows if I have to re-submit a new fbi background check ?
Same, mind boggled with this question, let me post this to twiiter

abdoulome

Jan 9, 2014
AksVanCan88, can you post here if you get an update. there is a flaw in their rule and right now they are not taking any calls. i`d rather figure this out before filling up anything...sorry to say but this is stupid ( laughing at myself because they are not clear)

AksVanCan88

Oct 11, 2017
AksVanCan88, can you post here if you get an update. there is a flaw in their rule and right now they are not taking any calls. i`d rather figure this out before filling up anything...sorry to say but this is stupid ( laughing at myself because they are not clear)
I will, really frustrating at this point, i liked the old form right now, much clear and crisp, this is just all over the place

Reactions: vancouverbc2013