+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CiC adding additional 4 months to processing times

Carly44

May 28, 2017
U spoke to an agent ? u meant the lawyer who did the application for u ? Im sure it's a fake news. If they added 4 months to the process, they would notify in CIC website.
I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday. I had another agent tell me the same a few weeks back. I doest make sense so i called again & the guy i spoke to today advised he had never heard of it so its just so confusing

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Hi All

Just wanted to give everyonethe heads up , i spoke to an agent this morning & she advised CIC have added another 4 additional months onto CEC Applications in addition to the 6 months they say due to a high volume of applications. My AOR is June 15, she said it could be March next yr until i get it :(

Its the 2nd agent thats said it 'to manage expectations'. Everything is fine with my application & im not in SS...

Ive really lost hope now
I just called CIC after seeing this post. The agent said, it's not official yet but yes they're getting high volume. He said, they will post it on their website if that's official. They're still doing my BGC, no other info yet.

Carly44

May 28, 2017
I just called CIC after seeing this post. The agent said, it's not official yet but yes they're getting high volume. He said, they will post it on their website if that's official. They're still doing my BGC, no other info yet.
Its bizzare; ive had 2 agents tell me re the extra 4 months & then another agent today saying he hadnt heard anything re the 4 months. So much conflicting info from agents :(

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Its bizzare; ive had 2 agents tell me re the extra 4 months & then another agent today saying he hadnt heard anything re the 4 months. So much conflicting info from agents :(
Yes, he said he can't confirm that. Because no communication was being sent to them. At this point, we can keep this as unofficial. Or if someone is planning to call CIC, then they can just ask to make sure.

Reactions: Carly44

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
omg.... looks like it's going public on the way...

ChrisBanks

Star Member
Apr 11, 2017
I spoke to a CIC agent yesterday. I had another agent tell me the same a few weeks back. I doest make sense so i called again & the guy i spoke to today advised he had never heard of it so its just so confusing
I presume the first agent doesn't want you to disturb them. That wasn't nice

CindyShawn

Feb 23, 2017
I know it is a stupid question, but what is the number to call CIC agent? I couldn't find it on the CIC website. Thanks.

CindyShawn

Feb 23, 2017
And still nothing?? April/May & June are so far behind :(
1888 576 8502
Yes, it is true. I emailed them one month ago and got their confirmation that my case was still in processing. I saw your thread and knew that I can apply for GCMS notes. And I just did.

Thanks for rising this up! Probably 4 months additional are true for some cases.

Mystico_90

May 11, 2013
Canada
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
Halifax, NS
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
20-08-2017
IELTS Request
Med's Done....
05-09-2017
Yes, it is true. I emailed them one month ago and got their confirmation that my case was still in processing. I saw your thread and knew that I can apply for GCMS notes. And I just did.

Thanks for rising this up! Probably 4 months additional are true for some cases.
GCMS notes seems slow as well. I ordered on Oct 15, suppose to get it by Nov 15. Still nothing. So frustrating.

Reactions: Tomi2

tushya

Oct 27, 2016
Doesn't make any sense to me, not sure what's going on. :(
I received one of mine just now. But they skipped one request. First one ordered on Oct 27, and 2nd one ordered on Nov 14. I received one notes today and found out they altered my request date to be Nov 17 and generated the notes on the same day.