+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIC Account locked- need to unlock

awalamit

Jul 26, 2017
I logged into my CIC account using Username and GC Key, however, answered the security questions incorrectly.
Got a message indicating that account is locked and cannot be unlocked online.

Please suggest the best way forward ?
Is there a helpdesk number or email id, where I can reach out to the concerned CIC team

Reactions: syedmuhammaddawood

Hanan22

Nov 14, 2015
I logged into my CIC account using Username and GC Key, however, answered the security questions incorrectly.

Is there a helpdesk number or email id, where I can reach out to the concerned CIC team
Sorry for that, where do you live?

Gissellrf

Oct 17, 2018
Hello,

I am currently having this same issue. I logged in through GCKey but it said I answered my questions incorrectly (even though I have logged in succesfully with those same answers before) and my account is now locked. Please let me know what I can do about this. I was in the middle of completing my application after receiving an ITA a few days ago.

Gissellrf

Oct 17, 2018
Hello,

I am currently having this same issue. I logged in through GCKey but it said I answered my questions incorrectly (even though I have logged in succesfully with those same answers before) and my account is now locked. Please let me know what I can do about this. I was in the middle of completing my application after receiving an ITA a few days ago.
Hi, just to let you know that I created a new account and linked my application succesfully!

Jul 10, 2019

I live in Winnipeg Manitoba. Thank you

Meghnam2

Star Member
Jul 2, 2019
Hi all i have same query my account has been blocked and its been 24 hrs i am not able to log in

Please help as i have to recieve my visa and i have to check update...

Monikap

Jun 17, 2019
Hi all i have same query my account has been blocked and its been 24 hrs i am not able to log in

Please help as i have to recieve my visa and i have to check update...
You can just create new GC key and link your EE profile by giving some info and you shall be all set

Reactions: swatzpotter14

AnniePahuja

Sep 4, 2020
Hello, I have applied online for my student visa using GC Key
Got a message indicating that account is locked and cannot be unlocked online then I created a new account and linked my old application in new succesfully!
Can somebody help me to know that whether I get full access to old application in new account.
Will that be a problem that I have two GC Key Account

Histrionics

Nov 22, 2017
India
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
26-10-2017
Nomination.....
No
AOR Received.
31-03-2018
Med's Done....
21-03-2018
Passport Req..
21-06-2018
Hello, I have applied online for my student visa using GC Key
Got a message indicating that account is locked and cannot be unlocked online then I created a new account and linked my old application in new succesfully!
Can somebody help me to know that whether I get full access to old application in new account.
Will that be a problem that I have two GC Key Account
Yes, you will be able to access the application in the new account with which you have associated it.
Having two accounts is not a problem. Once you link the application to a new account, it is de-linked from the old account.

Sep 20, 2020
Yes, you will be able to access the application in the new account with which you have associated it.
Having two accounts is not a problem. Once you link the application to a new account, it is de-linked from the old account.
hello sir/mam
I am currently in the same situation where I locked my gckey account because of incorrect answers but I made a new one, now I am trying to link my previous application to the new gckey account but it says that there is no record of this account, I put all the details correctly and double checked them.
please help me regarding the same.
(I need to extend my study permit ASAP)

Daljit singh6

Mar 28, 2019
Amritsar
Category........
STUDY
Hlo i am in the same situation and my gckey is locked and i am trying to link my application online but it states that based on your information we found no application please help me asap because i recieved aip on 3sep and now recieved a message in gckey on 19 dec but unable to check that due to this situation

Sep 20, 2020
Hello Daljit, I am sure that you are not putting your information correctly while linking old your application to a new account, the information needs to be 100% matching in order for them to find your old application, so go through every single info that you put. In my case specifically, I was putting wrong dates so I opened my documents which my agent filled before coming here and got the right set of dates.

Daljit singh6

Mar 28, 2019
Amritsar
Category........
STUDY
But
Hello Daljit, I am sure that you are not putting your information correctly while linking old your application to a new account, the information needs to be 100% matching in order for them to find your old application, so go through every single info that you put. In my case specifically, I was putting wrong dates so I opened my documents which my agent filled before coming here and got the right set of dates.
But I filled the information correctly