+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CIBC GIC PROGRAM

Sim_20

Sep 25, 2020
hi, I have a query regarding my CIBC GIC payment. As I paid it earlier and it got refunded and reflected to my bank in 24 hours. Please can you let me know the steps in detail so I can to another wire transfer for GIC in CIBC bank.

jiosi

Star Member
Jun 2, 2019

gr8ninja18

Oct 5, 2020
Scotia Bank. Good response to queries via online portal. However I was told by a visa consultant ( doing my case on my own just asked for their experience as they are friends) that all scotia transaction they saw had been rejected once due to some mistake. (very strict policy)

Habib Canadian Bank. Best option if staying in Toronto as they have only 3 branches in Canada all in Toronto. However, they do not pick up calls and reply to emails very late. Which is why I could not confirm if I could access my money from different cities and if there will be charges.

Why I chose CIBC. Do not be fooled by their no service charges for transaction is USD. Their conversion rate is so high that it will cost you more than 10200 cad in the end(e.g. convert the quote they are offering in usd to CAD from google, it will be more than 10200 CAD and if you select CAD then the total cost will be 10150 CAD). However, Their CAD option is 10150Cad which is 50 Cad less than other banks. Also if you use referral program you and the person who will refer you will receive 25 CAD additional https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/isbo-refer-a-friend.html (PM/ inbox me if you want email for referral). This is a total of 100 CAD savings. Also they issue GIC very quickly. I got mine in less than 12 hours after sending the money. This can also be seen in posts by other users in. Extra Note. They allow transaction from joint account only if you send them copy of your passport, copy of other joint account holder passport and a bank document stating you both have a joint account. They have a deadline for all transactions, and they say that ignore deadline on CAD transaction. However if your transaction expires it is better to login and start a new transaction (previous transaction will have expired written on it)

sroseok

Feb 7, 2019
Scotia Bank. Good response to queries via online portal. However I was told by a visa consultant ( doing my case on my own just asked for their experience as they are friends) that all scotia transaction they saw had been rejected once due to some mistake. (very strict policy)

Habib Canadian Bank. Best option if staying in Toronto as they have only 3 branches in Canada all in Toronto. However, they do not pick up calls and reply to emails very late. Which is why I could not confirm if I could access my money from different cities and if there will be charges.

Why I chose CIBC. Do not be fooled by their no service charges for transaction is USD. Their conversion rate is so high that it will cost you more than 10200 cad in the end(e.g. convert the quote they are offering in usd to CAD from google, it will be more than 10200 CAD and if you select CAD then the total cost will be 10150 CAD). However, Their CAD option is 10150Cad which is 50 Cad less than other banks. Also if you use referral program you and the person who will refer you will receive 25 CAD additional https://www.cibc.com/en/special-offers/isbo-refer-a-friend.html (PM/ inbox me if you want email for referral). This is a total of 100 CAD savings. Also they issue GIC very quickly. I got mine in less than 12 hours after sending the money. This can also be seen in posts by other users in. Extra Note. They allow transaction from joint account only if you send them copy of your passport, copy of other joint account holder passport and a bank document stating you both have a joint account. They have a deadline for all transactions, and they say that ignore deadline on CAD transaction. However if your transaction expires it is better to login and start a new transaction (previous transaction will have expired written on it)
hi guy
please how do i contact cibc. i want to open an account with them as an international student to enable me pay my tuition. pls send me the processes and their contact email so that i can reach them