+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chosen name and Legal name

slugrat

Jun 24, 2020
Hi

Finishing up my PR application and a detail is making me anxious. I go by a different name to my legal name and in all the family/Friend letters i am referred to by my chosen name. On all the forms and ID it is my legal name. I did disclose the chosen name under the form when asked other name go by.
Do you think it is okay to have both names present in this process.

Or just use my legal name?

Usa2canada<3

Star Member
Feb 21, 2020
Ontario
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
13-08-2020
AOR Received.
11-25-2020
I do not see why they would have a problem as long as you delcare that you go by or have gone by that name before in the application where it states previous alias/ nickname. I just sent out my application and had to do something similar however for the background and general application iwould use your legal name. Basically the letters will be fine with your choosen name but the papers have to show legal name.

slugrat

Jun 24, 2020
I do not see why they would have a problem as long as you delcare that you go by or have gone by that name before in the application where it states previous alias/ nickname. I just sent out my application and had to do something similar however for the background and general application iwould use your legal name. Basically the letters will be fine with your choosen name but the papers have to show legal name.
Thank you!

Reactions: Usa2canada<3