+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choosing the right NOC - 1241 OR 1223

maryamahmed

Jan 14, 2019
Hello everyone,

I'm grateful to learn from the information shared on this form by all members :) Thank you for helping each other. I'm going to apply for my PR by the end of this month through the CEC. I have a question about my NOC. I'm working as a Program Assistant and I found that my job duties fall under the following two NOCs:

1223 Human resources and recruitment officers
1241 Administrative assistants

Here is a list of my job duties:
  • Designs and produces brochures, posters and promotional materials for Sheriff Recruit Training for signoff by the Superintendent, OPS.
  • Types, formats and proof reads a variety of documents and materials such as presentation material graphs, flow charts, tables, reports, briefing notes, correspondence, spreadsheets from draft or hand-written notes using desktop tools.
  • Addresses questions and provides information received from the general public and partner organizations about the Sheriff recruitment process, program policies, regulations and procedures.
  • Acts as the OPS contact for facilities and equipment issues (e.g. furniture, photocopiers, computers) and ensures problem resolution.
  • Monitors inventory, purchases office supplies and materials and recommends the purchase and/or repair of furniture and equipment required by the office.
  • Monitors and supports timely Time and Leave Management completion and advises the Superintendent and/or delegate when action is required.
  • Process invoices for uniforms and equipment and training facility rentals, including coding and checking for accuracy and completeness.
  • Exercises spending authority using the corporate purchasing card with a limit of $7,500, verifies invoices and reconciles statements for payment.
  • Completes business expense approval forms for meeting costs.
  • Provides administrative support in the recruitment and selection process by creating and maintaining competition files, preparing documents related to the competition process, verifying candidate eligibility, sorting resumes for shortlisting and scheduling testing and interviews.
  • Makes travel arrangements and completes all related travel authorizations and expense reimbursements on behalf of the Superintendent.
  • Processes various human resources (HR) requests (such as recruitment), by tracking and supporting related processes, etc. (e.g. maintain a checklist of steps, ensuring appropriate documentation is prepared, proactively ensure steps are in place for efficient transition).
  • Schedules meetings, makes necessary arrangements (e.g., meeting dates and locations, required equipment, and catering), prepares agendas with pertinent background information, tracks action items and takes and distributes minutes on behalf of the Superintendent OPS.
I would appreciate if you can help me with choosing the correct NOC for my job.