+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choosing slightly different graduate course... Visa advice please!

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Hello,
I have been accepted in safety and risk engineering, Post grad diploma at the Memorial university. My bachelor is in Electrical and electronics engineering. I want to study safety principles that are applied in engineering industries. However, there are many posts here where visa is rejected stating " proposed study is not reasonable in light to your previous study". To what extent they consider the relevance? for my case, how will VO see me going into safety engineering from electrical engineering background?

Profile:
B.E: 7.1/10
Ielts: 6.5
Girl from India.

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
Write a letter of explanation and try to show proof of interests. Why do you want to do it ? How will it help you in the future etc.

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
thanks luvanuj, I will surely work on my SOP.

My background is engineering so is my proposed course, it is just slightly different. will this be a problem in visa? or should I try some other course?

luvanuj

Jul 14, 2011
Toronto
hir3 said:
thanks luvanuj, I will surely work on my SOP.

My background is engineering so is my proposed course, it is just slightly different. will this be a problem in visa? or should I try some other course?
I think this would work if you give proper explanations. You can certainly look for a different course.

george12a

Oct 27, 2015
hir3 said:
Hello,
I have been accepted in safety and risk engineering, Post grad diploma at the Memorial university. My bachelor is in Electrical and electronics engineering. I want to study safety principles that are applied in engineering industries. However, there are many posts here where visa is rejected stating " proposed study is not reasonable in light to your previous study". To what extent they consider the relevance? for my case, how will VO see me going into safety engineering from electrical engineering background?

Profile:
B.E: 7.1/10
Ielts: 6.5
Girl from India.
could you provide its link

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
george12a said:
could you provide its link
You mean link for the course at mun

It is here...

http://www.mun.ca/engineering/graduate/programs/safety_risk/index.php

hir3

Star Member
Jan 20, 2016
Somebody please guide...

I am proceeding with the study permit procedure... Are there any risks of rejection if I go with the current course?

Thanks in advance....