+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Choice for ECA for Pakistani Education and abroad Education(distance learning)

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Which ECA organization is best ICAS, WES or CES (UT).

Besides BIT (Al-khair University) and MCS (PAF-KIET), I have two qualifications one relate to USA that is FLMI (Fellow Life Management Institute) from LOMA (Life office Management association and other relate to UK ACII (Associate Chartered Insurance Institute) from CII, London, exams of these were conducted in Karachi Pakistan,but the institutes are in USA & UK respectively. I have searched but could not able to find solution on WES & ICAS websites.
Please guide and oblige.

CES(UT) will take 15 weeks and have fees of $226 with $90 delivery charges.
ICAS will take not mentioned and have fees of $200 with $85 delivery charges.
WES will take 20 Business days and have fees of $180 with $85 delivery charges.

Please guide me keeping my above specific situation considered.

NavaidZafar

Sep 14, 2014
I was going with ICAS first but after reading how much time they were taking (upwards of 03 months) I decided to go with WES. I received their report within 20 days. Funny thing is the mailed me saying that owing to extraordinary load my results would arrive on 5th of january 2015, which was a little over 2 months for me but three days later I received another mail saying m report was read :D

I'm in Karachi, Pakistan.

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Naveed please elaborate and suggest what should I do and especially:-

how will evaluate my foreign qualifications and how that is FLMI(LOMA,USA) & DipCII (CII London)

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
Naveed I am also from Karachi my number is 03333561975 & PTCL office: 99206793.

I also like to know that similar to Inter Board. I have to get sealed Envelope from Metric Board or not.

kashmoin

Aug 29, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-May-2014 Reached 12-May-2014
Doc's Request.
Schedule A form on 3 occations
Nomination.....
26-Aug-2014
File Transfer...
08-Oct-2014
Med's Request
10-Oct-2014
Med's Done....
22-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
29-Jun-2015
VISA ISSUED...
15-Jul-2015
mod2014 said:
Is there anybody to help me
Bro WES does not recognize KIET go for CES
Check ur inbox for further details

mod2014

Star Member
Jun 16, 2014
In response to my below email to CES:
Besides BIT (Al-khair University) and MCS (PAF-KIET), I have two qualifications one relate to USA that is FLMI (Fellow Life Management Institute) from LOMA (Life office Management association and other relate to UK DipCII (Associate Chartered Insurance Institute) from CII, London, exams of these were conducted in Karachi Pakistan,but the institutes are in USA & UK respectively.
They responded as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Comparative Education Service, University of Toronto.
CES assesses foreign secondary education credentials and postsecondary academic degrees and diplomas from recognized universities and colleges.
Unfortunately, CES does not assess non-formal, non-academic qualifications:
• Apprenticeships, Competency based/Vocational qualifications/Training (e.g. City and Guilds Certificates, Trade certificates, National Vocational Qualifications, Massage or Shiatsu Therapy Training, Caregiver training, Personal Support Worker Training, Montessori Training, Microsoft Training)
• In-company training
• Professional licenses, memberships in professional bodies/associations and learned societies (e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants [ACCA] – examinations or fellow or Member of the Association, Institution of Engineers, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Royal College of Surgeons, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan [ICAP], British Computer Society)
• Short-term, non-formal, non-academic programs
• Board of Examination in General Nursing and Midwifery diplomas (e.g. Pakistan Nursing Council)
• Second-language training programs (e.g. ESL)
• Work experience
• In-progress academic programs
• Certificates issued for professionally-oriented studies in conjunction with academic studies (e.g. Certificat de Absolvire (Graduation Certificate) from the Teacher Training Department or Pedagogical Seminar)
• Canadian post-secondary qualifications

Additionally, please note that
• CES does not issue assessment reports based on third-party assessments (e.g. statements or certificates of equivalency).
• CES does not currently offer course-by-course assessments.
Therefore, we will not comment on your professional qualifications. However, if you would like to have your academic credentials assessed, you are welcome to submit an application.
Unfortunately, CES cannot tell you in advance whether your degrees are recognized, or which Canadian degrees we would compare them to. This is part of the assessment service that we offer to our clients. If you would like an assessment, you would have to apply.
Please refer to instructions and information on our web site:
http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces
Sincerely,
Comparative Education Service (CES)
School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know how to asses my foreign professional education or in other case will CIC consider my this professional qualification with out assessment. off course I will get points on my Pakistani masters.

beeba-bacha

Jun 21, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
local / Foreign professional certificate / distance learning certificate does not contain points for education. Thus no institution will assess them.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mod2014 said:
In response to my below email to CES:
Besides BIT (Al-khair University) and MCS (PAF-KIET), I have two qualifications one relate to USA that is FLMI (Fellow Life Management Institute) from LOMA (Life office Management association and other relate to UK DipCII (Associate Chartered Insurance Institute) from CII, London, exams of these were conducted in Karachi Pakistan,but the institutes are in USA & UK respectively.
They responded as follows:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you for your interest in the Comparative Education Service, University of Toronto.
CES assesses foreign secondary education credentials and postsecondary academic degrees and diplomas from recognized universities and colleges.
Unfortunately, CES does not assess non-formal, non-academic qualifications:
• Apprenticeships, Competency based/Vocational qualifications/Training (e.g. City and Guilds Certificates, Trade certificates, National Vocational Qualifications, Massage or Shiatsu Therapy Training, Caregiver training, Personal Support Worker Training, Montessori Training, Microsoft Training)
• In-company training
• Professional licenses, memberships in professional bodies/associations and learned societies (e.g. Association of Chartered Certified Accountants [ACCA] – examinations or fellow or Member of the Association, Institution of Engineers, Institute of Mechanical Engineers, Royal College of Surgeons, Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan [ICAP], British Computer Society)
• Short-term, non-formal, non-academic programs
• Board of Examination in General Nursing and Midwifery diplomas (e.g. Pakistan Nursing Council)
• Second-language training programs (e.g. ESL)
• Work experience
• In-progress academic programs
• Certificates issued for professionally-oriented studies in conjunction with academic studies (e.g. Certificat de Absolvire (Graduation Certificate) from the Teacher Training Department or Pedagogical Seminar)
• Canadian post-secondary qualifications

Additionally, please note that
• CES does not issue assessment reports based on third-party assessments (e.g. statements or certificates of equivalency).
• CES does not currently offer course-by-course assessments.
Therefore, we will not comment on your professional qualifications. However, if you would like to have your academic credentials assessed, you are welcome to submit an application.
Unfortunately, CES cannot tell you in advance whether your degrees are recognized, or which Canadian degrees we would compare them to. This is part of the assessment service that we offer to our clients. If you would like an assessment, you would have to apply.
Please refer to instructions and information on our web site:
http://learn.utoronto.ca/international-professionals/comparative-education-service-ces
Sincerely,
Comparative Education Service (CES)
School of Continuing Studies, University of Toronto
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please let me know how to asses my foreign professional education or in other case will CIC consider my this professional qualification with out assessment. off course I will get points on my Pakistani masters.

This is strange, they are saying they dont recognize British Computer Society. I did partial exams from British Computer Society and their PGD is at QCA Level 6 ( BSC Honors) . Because I did partial exams and missed a few WES recognized it as a 2 years diploma and I submitted that with my application and now I have received PER few days ago.

ciscoccie

Jul 2, 2014
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
beeba-bacha said:
local / Foreign professional certificate / distance learning certificate does not contain points for education. Thus no institution will assess them.

Its not about foreign institute, they normally see if the institute is accredited from somewhere or not. Lets say you do a external degree program from London School of Economics or you do some degree program from Virtual University Pakistan I am sure they would recognize it since the institutes themselves are real one.

You will find a lot of websites on internet which are offering degree in exchange of experience and they ask for X amount of money, these insitutes are not recognized or accredited, infact I dont think they even have any physical office. Such things are not entertained by WES as per my knowledge.

I did foreign diploma program and it was recognized by WES, infact they gave me report in 10 days only. On the other hand ACCA is recognized by WES as a 3 years degree program, there are people on this forum who have done it.

syedumayrali

Jul 25, 2016
kashmoin said:
Bro WES does not recognize KIET go for CES
Check ur inbox for further details
Hi kashmoin

Please help me i also have a degree from PAF KIET i want to send my documents for ECA via CES.
But i already attested my degrees from HEC now i don't know how to get copy attested... how many sets of photo copies i need.

Please help me...

MOA.2001

Jun 11, 2017
I have graduated as an Industrial Engineer from NED University in Karachi. WES recognized my NED Bachelors in Engineering Degree as being equivalent to Canadian 4 year bachelors degree.

To further increase my score, I am thinking about enrolling in 1 year post graduate diploma from Virtual University of Pakistan in Business Administration. Virtual University of Pakistan is recognized by WES as authentic institute according to WES Canada website (Documents Required Section). I have no idea if the VU post graduate diploma is equivalent to diploma in Canada or not. If someone has applied for assessment of VU diploma, they can share the outcome here and it will be beneficial for all.

Can you guys help me with identifying any post graduate diplomas in Pakistan which are proven to be assessed positively by WES Canada? It would be very helpful for a lot of bachelor graduates in Pakistan as they need a masters or a diploma to boost their scores. Sharing any such experience would be appreciated where a diploma from any university in Pakistan was positively assessed by WES Canada for immigration.

This information will be helpful for many young graduates in Pakistan.

Thank you for your cooperation.

MOA.2001

Jun 11, 2017
Its not about foreign institute, they normally see if the institute is accredited from somewhere or not. Lets say you do a external degree program from London School of Economics or you do some degree program from Virtual University Pakistan I am sure they would recognize it since the institutes themselves are real one.

You will find a lot of websites on internet which are offering degree in exchange of experience and they ask for X amount of money, these insitutes are not recognized or accredited, infact I dont think they even have any physical office. Such things are not entertained by WES as per my knowledge.

I did foreign diploma program and it was recognized by WES, infact they gave me report in 10 days only. On the other hand ACCA is recognized by WES as a 3 years degree program, there are people on this forum who have done it.
Dear ciscoccie,

Which diploma program did you go for? Are you aware of any post graduate diploma programs in Pakistan which are positively assessed by WES?

uzair_31

Dec 31, 2017
Hello guys,

I have already done with ECA from ICAS and they recognize my b.com degree as “ associate degree” and in my master’s degree they write “ 2 additional year of university study” in comments. I don’t know what does it means???

In conclusion they write like that:

* Associate degree
* 4 yrs bachelor degree

Another thing is that I did C.A Intermediate from Institute of Chartered Accountants of Pakistan, but I am not sure about whether it’s recognized under ECA. If someone has C.A. inter certificate kindly let me know from where to make assessment for that?

Looking for response