+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Chochler implant surgery

Shuaban ali

Mar 31, 2018
Hello
I am realy very upset for little son who is 4 years old and cant hear
I just want to know that how can i get chochler implant surgery in canda.
Hope fully i would be guided.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello
I am realy very upset for little son who is 4 years old and cant hear
I just want to know that how can i get chochler implant surgery in canda.
Hope fully i would be guided.
What is your status in Canada? Is your family Canadian? Or are you in Canada on a work permit with your family or some other status?

Shuaban ali

Mar 31, 2018
I live in pakistan , with my family
But in pakistan chochear implant surgery is very highly paid operation and its standard is alsi not so good,.
I have no relatives or ftiends in canada.
I want to know that how can i get this surgery in canada & how can i get visa for this purpose.

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
But in pakistan chochear implant surgery is very highly paid operation and its standard is alsi not so good,.
I want to know that how can i get this surgery in canada & how can i get visa for this purpose.
Why Canada when there are many countries in the world that can provide this ?

A quick Google search will likely show you that this is not a cheap solution in Canada and can cost thousands of dollars for self funded non residents. In fact costs anywhere for this solution are not cheap plus of course although I am not a medical professional you need maybe to consider any post procedure support back in home country.

Although I have no information to share I would expect you would need to find a medical facility willing to provide this to a non resident and get a cost estimate.

Then probably you would need to apply for TRVs although I would expect chances of approval are slim for this purpose given availability of the procedure in your home country regardless of quality.

This link although based I think on US costs gives you an idea of the basic costs plus extra costs that can occur . Does not necessarily compare with Canadian costs but gives an idea of the process involved.

http://health.costhelper.com/cochlear-implant.html

Even somewhere like the UK where costs are generally not as extreme as North America inplants were quoted back in 2014 in the 60000 to 80000 Cdn range .

As said I am not a medical professional so any information above is based on information gathered as you also can do from Google.

Last edited:
Reactions: Buletruck

Buletruck

VIP Member
May 18, 2015
Agreed. The cost will be high. Estimated costs in the US are between $50-100K (expect Canada to be higher than this), and you would probably need confirmation of payment from the medical facility prior to the visa being approved. Assume they will limit the family members who can travel, as they will assume there will be alternate reasons for coming to Canada. Singapore of Thailand may be significantly better choices (both have exceptional medical facilities). You can read up here on the process.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/standard-requirements/medical-requirements/exam/evaluating-temporary-resident-applications-medical-treatment.html

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
To get a visa for this purpose, you will need to find a hospital willing to provide this surgery to your child and also demonstrate that you have the money required to pay for this procedure in Canada. As others have explained, this is an expensive surgery. So to be approved for the visa, I think it's likely you'll need to demonstrate a bank account balance of $100K+ to prove you have the funds needed to cover the surgery, your travel costs, accommodations, etc.