+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

China Police Report

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
Dear Sir / Madam,

Greeting from Singapore. I have a query about my PR application and would appreciate your kind reply.

I was born in China in 1983, and went to Singapore to pursue my university education in 2004, and settled down in Singapore till now. I became Singapore Citizen in 2013.

I have received my ITA on 14 Mar 2018, I am in the middle of gathering the Police Report required by IRCC. Below is the status:

Singapore Police Report: Obtained and it is issued by Singapore local police station under my Singapore National ID;

China Police Report: Obtained and it is issued by China local police station under my China National ID;

China Police Report: Am I required to obtain a China Police Report under my Singapore Passport? <I visit my mum in China occasionally but less than 6 months a row from 2013 to 2018. I have also checked with the Police Station in China that they confirmed that they will not able to issue this report under my Singapore Passport because I am neither the resident in China, nor the working or student visa holders.>

At such can you advise if the I am required to obtain a China Police Report for my Singapore passport for my occasion visit to China?

Thank you in advance and looking forward to have your prompt response.

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
Ni hao Justin
Forget about your current citizenship and your occasional short visits of your family in China for a min. Based on your post, you'd lived in China for 21 years which is more than half of your life. If I were you, I'd take the precaution to get a criminal record clearance for your time in China (provided it's not too much of a trouble) in case CIC asks for it in the middle of your application assessment which can cost unnecessary delay to the process
Just my 2 cents
Best of luck

manboarpig

Star Member
Oct 23, 2016
I think the CN PCC issued to CN/SG ID isn't as important as sticking to the guidelines mentioned @ Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca Also each country has it's separate, own guidelines about which Gov't agency to get the PCC from, etc. Read and follow those and you'll be good.

"For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country."
From what you said, from age 18 to 21 you stayed in CN for 6+ months in a row..so the CN PCC date must be after 2004 date of travel to SG.

Reactions: fissler

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
Does your China PCC state your last entry to China? eg. 2018 CNY. If it does, you don't have to get a separate one just for your Singapore passport since it is the same person. If it doesn't, which means it covers only up to the date you became Singaporean, you may wanna put it down in LOE explaining the situation that you tried and was unable to get a China PCC as a Singaporean tourist. I was in the same boat as you are, came to Singapore when I was 18, went back to China for holidays in the past 18 years, >183 days in total, was unable to get a China PCC, so I went ahead without it and it turned out to be alright. hope it helps.

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
I think the CN PCC issued to CN/SG ID isn't as important as sticking to the guidelines mentioned @ Express Entry completeness check - Canada.ca Also each country has it's separate, own guidelines about which Gov't agency to get the PCC from, etc. Read and follow those and you'll be good.

"For countries in which the applicant no longer resides, the police certificate must have been issued after the last time the applicant lived in that country."
From what you said, from age 18 to 21 you stayed in CN for 6+ months in a row..so the CN PCC date must be after 2004 date of travel to SG.
----------
Dear manboarpig, the PCC i have obtained from China Police issued under my China ID states that I don't have the criminal record as of current s (March 2018), will that sufficient? it is on top of my Singapore Police Report (stating the same: no criminal record as of current) or do i need to obtain a separate report from China Police under my Singapore Passport which i think it is literally impossible as i am not the long term visa holder in China.

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
Ni hao Justin
Forget about your current citizenship and your occasional short visits of your family in China for a min. Based on your post, you'd lived in China for 21 years which is more than half of your life. If I were you, I'd take the precaution to get a criminal record clearance for your time in China (provided it's not too much of a trouble) in case CIC asks for it in the middle of your application assessment which can cost unnecessary delay to the process
Just my 2 cents
Best of luck

Dear fissler bro, I have contacted the local China Police, they told me that not able to provide me the PCC to be issued under my Singapore passport as neither i am a Chinese National nor long term visa holder in China. I have obtained the PCC from China Police under my original ID stating i don't have the criminal record as of current, does it sufficient?

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
Does your China PCC state your last entry to China? eg. 2018 CNY. If it does, you don't have to get a separate one just for your Singapore passport since it is the same person. If it doesn't, which means it covers only up to the date you became Singaporean, you may wanna put it down in LOE explaining the situation that you tried and was unable to get a China PCC as a Singaporean tourist. I was in the same boat as you are, came to Singapore when I was 18, went back to China for holidays in the past 18 years, >183 days in total, was unable to get a China PCC, so I went ahead without it and it turned out to be alright. hope it helps.

Dear MYam823 bro, thanks for your advise. i only able to obtained the 2 PCC so far

SG PCC under my Singapore ID (no criminal record as of current)
CN PCC under my China ID(no criminal record as of current)

Not able to obtain the CN PCC under my Singapore Passport as i am merely a tourist when i entered China.

One thing i can think of is that i can do a statuary declaration to state that i am the same holder of China national ID XXXX and Singapore passport number XXX, so to extend my CN PCC's coverage to my Singapore passport.

MYam823

Oct 30, 2017
Dear MYam823 bro, thanks for your advise. i only able to obtained the 2 PCC so far

SG PCC under my Singapore ID (no criminal record as of current)
CN PCC under my China ID(no criminal record as of current)

Not able to obtain the CN PCC under my Singapore Passport as i am merely a tourist when i entered China.

One thing i can think of is that i can do a statuary declaration to state that i am the same holder of China national ID XXXX and Singapore passport number XXX, so to extend my CN PCC's coverage to my Singapore passport.
You can do that. anyway you should be safe with those 2 PCCs. But i will still stress on an explanation in LOE that you tried but couldn't obtain a China PCC for your Singapore passport as it is not applicable to tourists. In that case CIC will have to tell you what to do if it is really mandatory. Good luck to you!

Reactions: justin_pan

fissler

Mar 16, 2018
Dear fissler bro, I have contacted the local China Police, they told me that not able to provide me the PCC to be issued under my Singapore passport as neither i am a Chinese National nor long term visa holder in China. I have obtained the PCC from China Police under my original ID stating i don't have the criminal record as of current, does it sufficient?
Hey man I am not sure if that's sufficient and it's a big call. I suppose you can provide all that you can under your old and new ID's and make sure you put the situation into the letter and possibly any written evidence (if any) from China Police. Best of luck!

Reactions: justin_pan

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
You can do that. anyway you should be safe with those 2 PCCs. But i will still stress on an explanation in LOE that you tried but couldn't obtain a China PCC for your Singapore passport as it is not applicable to tourists. In that case CIC will have to tell you what to do if it is really mandatory. Good luck to you!
Thank you for your advice. Do you have Wechat? My wechat ID: panjunheng

justin_pan

Aug 1, 2017
Hey man I am not sure if that's sufficient and it's a big call. I suppose you can provide all that you can under your old and new ID's and make sure you put the situation into the letter and possibly any written evidence (if any) from China Police. Best of luck!
Thank you for your advice. Noted and have a good day.