15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
BrianDell said:
I gave more details about our relationship because I thought it would make my timeline much more useful to others. Someone's reported experience as to milestones might not mean much if their situation is very different and the only thing in common is having the same overseas visa office.

There's some Wikipedia discussion of the half age plus 7 rule in the article on age disparity, although personally I think it needs a cap of 18 years regardless of how advanced in age the couple is. It doesn't seem right to have been an adult for any length of time while one's partner wasn't even yet a baby. It least for me anyway!

I am going to prepare an update of our relationship she can send together with the passport to Beijing. A page of photos of our time together on a trip a few months after filing and some common local train tickets with our ID numbers on them, plus my reservation for yet another trip to her country in a couple months time.

You may have heard that since about last November Chinese are now being issued 10 year multiyear tourist visas to the US. That's not going to be every issuance, I'm sure, but I decided to get that in her passport now since applying for US visas is quite straightforward in China given the pick up at a local CITIC bank branch option. That should cover that off until she gets a Canadian passport.
Personal experiences shared in this forum have always been helpful in living thru the long drawn-out and often completely unknown guesswork of this process. Comforting to know what may happen based on all the variety of timelines, accepted, and rejected applications.

I hadn't heard about 10 year U.S. multi-entry(?) tourist visas. Good to know. Hopefully we'll be able to do that from here thru the China Embassy in Vancouver. Good luck with a quickened application acceptance :)

firevincen

Jan 17, 2013
Cathy645 said:
Hi sorry to know you haven't got your PR card yet. I don't think it's normal. You should call CIC again because different agent on the phone could tell you different thing.

You also should find out by phone call why it hasn't shown anything about PR card processing On ECAS.

Good luck
Thanks Cathy645! We tried calling them yesterday and they noticed that mailing address was still our address in China so we changed it using online service. But today when we checked our mail, biggest surprise came! My wife finally got her PR Card! Nothing was updated on her eCAS (no second column for PR processing at all!) but we are just so glad we can call it a day after the long wait!

Once again, thanks for your help!

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
firevincen said:
Thanks Cathy645! We tried calling them yesterday and they noticed that mailing address was still our address in China so we changed it using online service. But today when we checked our mail, biggest surprise came! My wife finally got her PR Card! Nothing was updated on her eCAS (no second column for PR processing at all!) but we are just so glad we can call it a day after the long wait!

Once again, thanks for your help!
You are very welcome!

Congratulations!

Please enjoy life in Canada...

pruneguy

Jun 22, 2015
Bumping up to the top!! We will be going through the Beijing VO, just sent in my application last week. Reading through this thread has been a great help. Anyone else nowadays going through Beijing?

sashali78

Champion Member
Feb 23, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
pruneguy said:
Bumping up to the top!! We will be going through the Beijing VO, just sent in my application last week. Reading through this thread has been a great help. Anyone else nowadays going through Beijing?
Beijing VO is no longer handling applications, you can join the HKVO thread here: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/hong-kong-timeline-t82193.1830.html