01/08/2014 ( 26/09/2014--AOR2)
Med's Request
14/10/2014
Med's Done....
17/08/2013
Passport Req..
14/10/2014
ABCml said:
:) Well - we ventured a gamble and bought the plane ticket back on Nov. 28th for a Christmas Day flight - based on my feeling that we had a slight edge on being approved (additional documentation of all the usual supporting evidence & most-of-all, a wife who was ready and determined to answer anything and everything - and I add, doing so with a pleasant attitude in the face of what has become, I gather, typical condescension and rudeness coming from a battery of [guilty until proven innocent] suspicious questioning)

She got it! The golden ticket from the Beijing Embassy. They made her sweat it out tho. Had an early Monday morning (approx. 1.5 hour) interview, and was told to come back at 3pm for the results. At 3pm she returned and was told, no result, come back Tuesday at 3pm. They seemingly don't want anyone to think this is a cakewalk. And they've obviously made it thus. I know I'm sounding less than humble here - We're actually relieved and will celebrate soon, but my question to the CIC would be, 'Is this really how we Canadians want to be represented abroad?' - There's got to be a kinder/gentler way to flush-out so-called fake marriages. Various ladies' interview results, coming after my wife's, weren't as lucky, and were refused and heartbroken.. Peoples lives are seriously deeply affected by these events. I suggest alternative reassessments, or at the very least, an option to re-interview - [prior to the long and drawn out appeals process] - which would actually be more economical for all concerns.

That said, I'm glad it's done, Thankful for all the support here! And wish everyone the best of luck, and a happy outcome.
Thank you, thank you!

all the best
Great news, congratulations :)

mn096104

Star Member
Oct 18, 2013
ABCml said:
:) Well - we ventured a gamble and bought the plane ticket back on Nov. 28th for a Christmas Day flight - based on my feeling that we had a slight edge on being approved (additional documentation of all the usual supporting evidence & most-of-all, a wife who was ready and determined to answer anything and everything - and I add, doing so with a pleasant attitude in the face of what has become, I gather, typical condescension and rudeness coming from a battery of [guilty until proven innocent] suspicious questioning)

She got it! The golden ticket from the Beijing Embassy. They made her sweat it out tho. Had an early Monday morning (approx. 1.5 hour) interview, and was told to come back at 3pm for the results. At 3pm she returned and was told, no result, come back Tuesday at 3pm. They seemingly don't want anyone to think this is a cakewalk. And they've obviously made it thus. I know I'm sounding less than humble here - We're actually relieved and will celebrate soon, but my question to the CIC would be, 'Is this really how we Canadians want to be represented abroad?' - There's got to be a kinder/gentler way to flush-out so-called fake marriages. Various ladies' interview results, coming after my wife's, weren't as lucky, and were refused and heartbroken.. Peoples lives are seriously deeply affected by these events. I suggest alternative reassessments, or at the very least, an option to re-interview - [prior to the long and drawn out appeals process] - which would actually be more economical for all concerns.

That said, I'm glad it's done, Thankful for all the support here! And wish everyone the best of luck, and a happy outcome.
Thank you, thank you!

all the best
Congratulations! So glad to see beijing VO is working, seems since Nov barely seen anyone has been approved.

firevincen

Jan 17, 2013
Hi everyone! Just found out there's a China thread ;D

Just want to post our application timeline:

APP Filed: June 20, 2014
AOR Received: Aug. 19, 2014
Passport Req: Oct. 8, 2014
Visa Issued: Oct. 15, 2014
Landed: Nov. 8, 2014

We've been eagerly waiting for my wife's PR card by constantly checking our mailbox. Well, it seems they haven't started processing her PR Card application yet as today I tried checking her eCAS. Only PR application shows "Complete" and no PR Card column yet. I certainly hope there won't be a "verification" phase (sometimes five months) for her. I'm calling CIC tomorrow to find out what's happening but it sure seems she won't get her card by Christmas.

If you guys have any questions regarding outland application I'll try my best to answer as well.

Cheers :D

Cathy645

Star Member
Jul 4, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-06-2014
AOR Received.
01-08-2014
File Transfer...
01-08-2014. (AOR2. 26-09-2014)
Med's Request
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
19-10-2014 (Received by VO 02-11-2014)
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-10-2014 (Decision made 07-11-2014)
VISA ISSUED...
04-11-2014 (received COPR 13-11-2014)
LANDED..........
15-11-2014 (landed at border in Osoyoos)
firevincen said:
Hi everyone! Just found out there's a China thread ;D

Just want to post our application timeline:

APP Filed: June 20, 2014
AOR Received: Aug. 19, 2014
Passport Req: Oct. 8, 2014
Visa Issued: Oct. 15, 2014
Landed: Nov. 8, 2014

We've been eagerly waiting for my wife's PR card by constantly checking our mailbox. Well, it seems they haven't started processing her PR Card application yet as today I tried checking her eCAS. Only PR application shows "Complete" and no PR Card column yet. I certainly hope there won't be a "verification" phase (sometimes five months) for her. I'm calling CIC tomorrow to find out what's happening but it sure seems she won't get her card by Christmas.

If you guys have any questions regarding outland application I'll try my best to answer as well.

Cheers :D
Welcome to China Application Thread !

Congratulations on getting PR so fast! Hope your PR card will be In Process soon!

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Our PR card status switched to complete today.

Time to see how long it takes to travel across the country I guess.

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Happy New Year everyone

I was not too active in this forum but I browsed through the topics once in a while. We were not lucky enough to have our interview waived, but my wife will have the interview next month...this makes it 'normal' processing time, so no complains. I will also have the chance to go with her to BJ for the interview and I guess I have 2 options: sit in the hotel and wait for a potential phone call from VO or go with her to the embassy and offer to join her in the interview. If you were in my shoes what would you do and why?
Thank you

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
We received the PR card on new years eve.

Nice present however unintentional.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
24-Feb-2014, SponsorshipApproved 01-Apr-2014
File Transfer...
01-Apr-2014 Officially rec'd Beijing 24-May-2014
Med's Done....
29-Dec-2013 "Medical Results rec'd" 01-Apr-2014
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Kysorb said:
We received the PR card on new years eve.

Nice present however unintentional.
Happy New Year indeed.
Either way a relief gift, none-the-less, I'm sure!

Was the wait time the full estimated six weeks?

If needed, has yours begun ESL? if so, did you find a satisfactory program? - here, the waiting period for ESL thru the Inter-Cultural Association is somewhat unknown until her Feb. 11th appointment for English language assessment prior to LINC (English for newcomers program) And then, it's not at all certain, if and when she will fit in with the limited availability...

I know private tutoring would probably be best, but the budget and time strains of the whole immigration process has left us looking for the best free alternatives... Anyone with tried and successfully true methods or programs?

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
ESL isn't necessary because her university degree was to become an English Teacher in China.

However, we decided it would be good to enroll her at the local college in a course called Adult Basic Education. Its for people who haven't completed Canadian high school or need to upgrade a specific subject usually in order take a college level class

My understanding is some colleges now charge for this, but our local one doesn't (other than the 50$ college registration fee). She is going to take high school level English 12 to be able to have it as a pre req for future courses like early childhood education. The alternative was to pay for and pass the LPI or IELTS but we decided that in our current situation our time isn't very "valuable" and the class would provide good practice and a chance to meet a few other people.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
bgctor said:
Happy New Year everyone

I was not too active in this forum but I browsed through the topics once in a while. We were not lucky enough to have our interview waived, but my wife will have the interview next month...this makes it 'normal' processing time, so no complains. I will also have the chance to go with her to BJ for the interview and I guess I have 2 options: sit in the hotel and wait for a potential phone call from VO or go with her to the embassy and offer to join her in the interview. If you were in my shoes what would you do and why?
Thank you
I would go to the Embassy with her, and as her spouse, they should let you inside at the very least.. And knowing you are physically there, whether they interview you or not, will definitely influence their assessment of your commitment. If they decide to call you, your cellphone would not be permitted past the initial entry/security of the embassy - but, your wife can tell them you're in the waiting area - which according to my wife is very close to the interview room.

After our experience, and knowing yours (somewhat), I think that some of us are green-lighted prior to the interview, and some are unfortunately and often wrongfully red-flagged - in other words, the VO, and possibly the consensus office opinion on the applicant/application is per-determined...

I think they still want us "green-lights" to sweat, and make us feel the weight of our undertaking - of course this is just my opinion..

At one point in the interview, they said that she can go home and wait for the results, to which she replied that she worried about the expiration of the medical results. They said this wouldn't be a problem, she wouldn't need to completely redo.., but, they continued, "if we give you the visa, when will you go to Canada?" She said, we hoped to be together on Christmas Day... So, that's when they said to come back at 3pm today for "the results" - [and as I mentioned in an earlier post, at 3pm, they said, sorry, come back 3pm tomorrow]

I think you can see their modus operandi in all of this..

Still the end result 'is what it is' and I'm thankful - whew!

..for what it's worth, I think you are a green-light - still, best of luck, and worry less ;)

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
bgctor said:
Happy New Year everyone

Thank you
Hi all,

"bgctor" was looking for more than just my opinion - I know that often, if a reader sees that one opinion has been given, this virtually kills the questioners topic... Please do chime-in with your experience as well if you have one, as the more information one has going into an interview - the better!

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I didn't reply because I have no experience with the interview, ABC is the only one who is currently posting here who has had his application go through that process.

I have however been to the embassy several times.. As a Canadian they "should" let you in but likely will not let you participate in the interview. There is a small waiting room where you will likely need to remain in but if you just make sure you make yourself visible (try to go in with her and get sent back to your seat) so they know its you there with her it will probably send a good subliminal signal to the interviewer.

I have found the people at the window where you sign in before you get to go into the building can be difficult to navigate generally. Their job is to make sure the people there have a legitimate purpose to go inside. For example: the embassy has "rules" like they only process passports in the morning.. I arrived in the afternoon unknowingly and the gate people who i don't believe were Canadian were trying to tell me i couldn't go inside... I finally played the "I am Canadian. Are you denying me entry?" card and was let in...

I can't advise everyone doing that though. Actual results may vary and I look big and scary...

bgctor

Sep 25, 2012
TORONTO
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 7, 2014
AOR Received.
May 22, 2014
File Transfer...
June 2, 2014
Med's Done....
March 2014
Interview........
February 2015
Thank you for your advise gentlemen. I have to show them somehow that we are together. And I am supposed to be ready for a phone call, just in case. I won't have my phone with me, obviously, so if they need me they will have to invite me in or call my wife's phone number (most likely I will have her phone with me).

BrianDell

Star Member
Jan 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17 Oct 2014
AOR Received.
1 Jan 2015
File Transfer...
6 Jan 2015<br>IP 3 June 2015
Med's Done....
9 Jan 2015
Passport Req..
17 June 2015
VISA ISSUED...
1 Aug 2015 (delivered)
LANDED..........
11 Aug 2015 in Edmonton
Is anyone else who will or is being processed by Beijing worried about supplying or having supplied a Gmail address as one's contact email? Back in June the website Gmail.com was blocked by the Great Firewall, but one could still check mail through applications. Now that has been blocked too, so there is no way to access Gmail from the mainland without a VPN. I wonder if this will cause embassy officials to use snail mail instead of email. If I were them, I would be concerned about the response rate for Gmail addresses.

ABCml

Jan 27, 2014
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Feb-2014
AOR Received.
File Transfer...
Med's Done....
Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
BrianDell said:
Is anyone else who will or is being processed by Beijing worried about supplying or having supplied a Gmail address as one's contact email? Back in June the website Gmail.com was blocked by the Great Firewall, but one could still check mail through applications. Now that has been blocked too, so there is no way to access Gmail from the mainland without a VPN. I wonder if this will cause embassy officials to use snail mail instead of email. If I were them, I would be concerned about the response rate for Gmail addresses.
Maybe they have diplomatic immunity with their web-based functioning at the Beijing Embassy - I received 3 emails from them (in Nov. & Dec.) with the sender's address listed as;

Immigration Section 加拿大驻华大使馆签证处
Canadian Embassy 北京市朝阳区东直门外大街19号100600
19 Dongzhimenwai Dajie 电子邮件:beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca
Beijing, China 100600 网址:www.beijing.gc.ca
Email: beijing-immigration@international.gc.ca

So given the .ca it's as though they're not affected by the Great Firewall....