Interview........
27-03-2012
Passport Req..
DM 11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
lesley, my wife was in the same situation as yours. She did not have a birth certificate as well. She was still able to get one though, but I think
her mom had to supply some information as well. Many chinese woman are in this situation. Your wife must get one. There is a way to do it, I forgot the exact proccess, but I will ask my wife for you. :)

mark_in_canada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Interview........
27-03-2012
Passport Req..
DM 11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
lesley, my wife has sent me email to explain. she said the first step is to contact her city notarization office to see what is required.
My wife father had passed away 1o years ago, so she had to get proof that she was his daughter. She also mentioned something about census register seat. Also had to go to the police station. She had a lot of work to do to get her birth certificate, but she did get it finally.

lesley

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
mark_in_canada said:
lesley, my wife has sent me email to explain. she said the first step is to contact her city notarization office to see what is required.
My wife father had passed away 1o years ago, so she had to get proof that she was his daughter. She also mentioned something about census register seat. Also had to go to the police station. She had a lot of work to do to get her birth certificate, but she did get it finally.
Hi Mark, Was your wife the same situation that she was born at home too? Did your wife got that in English version?

mark_in_canada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Interview........
27-03-2012
Passport Req..
DM 11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
Lesley, since Beijing has requested an interview, maybe everything is ok. Did they request any documents?

Roddy81

Feb 14, 2012
Hi, I was hoping someone could help me, My wife (Chinese national) and I have a child who has a CCC, we are applying for her PR and I am wondering should I put the baby down as my dependent or hers? I don't think i need to sponsor my daughter because she is already a canadian so how should i list her? Anyway thanks for any help

fast

Star Member
Jul 23, 2011
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
02-11-2011
LANDED..........
16-11-2011
lesley said:
Hi che.the.spy & fast,

We received an email from Beijing VO requesting for an interview with us on March 6 and we are preparing to go to Beijing and hopefully come back with visa on hand. Right now, we are a little bit nervous of the interview. Would you mind to share with us some of the questions they ask at the interview? Or does anyone have any ideas about the interview? Thanks.

Lesley
Well, As for me ,first I(applicant) am not Chinese and my wife(canadian) is my sponsor. They asked me about 45 mins,
Currently our relationship,
checked my English speaking(because if I don't speak either French nor English, they will get a doubt about how to communicate each other) ,
about my wife's job detail and what does she like ,
how did we met , and why did we marry so quickly(actually we married 1 year after we met).

My wife was asked about 15 mins,
About her job,
how did we met and why did she marry me and can she really take care to me in Canada for my settlement.
That all ,after they gave a result that they believed we are the genuine couple and to pick passport up at 3pm same day.(cause my interview time was 10 am).

Don't forget to being more evidences about your relationship when you go for interview, cause they wanted an interview is means they have any doubt.
Good luck to you!

lesley

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
fast said:
Well, As for me ,first I(applicant) am not Chinese and my wife(canadian) is my sponsor. They asked me about 45 mins,
checked my English speaking(because if I don't speak either French nor English, they will get a doubt about how to communicate each other) ,
about my wife's job detail and what does she like ,
how did we met , and why did we marry so quickly(actually we married 1 year after we met).

My wife was asked about 15 mins,
About her job,
how did we met and why did she marry me and can she really take care to me in Canada for my settlement.
That all ,after they gave a result that they believed we are the genuine couple and to pick passport up at 3pm same day.(cause my interview time was 10 am).

Don't forget to being more evidences about your relationship when you go for interview, cause they wanted an interview is means they have any doubt.
Good luck to you!
Thank you very much fast, that help us a lot!

lesley

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
mark_in_canada said:
Lesley, since Beijing has requested an interview, maybe everything is ok. Did they request any documents?
Yes, they did, but seems like all those requirements are just the standard letter which were/will be sending to all the interviewer, because we noticed that most of documents they request are either not apply to our case or we have already submitted. Because they wrote in the interview email, " You are required to bring the following documents, if applicable to your case and if not already submitted". so just we guess this was just a standard letter to every interviews. One thing right not we will try to get the Notarized birth certificate as they put in there too. If we still cannot get it, will explain to the judge when she goes and has her interview then.

mark_in_canada

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Edmonton
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-11-2011
AOR Received.
19-01-2012
File Transfer...
26-01-2012
Med's Done....
01-02-2012
Interview........
27-03-2012
Passport Req..
DM 11-06-2012
VISA ISSUED...
23-06-2012
LANDED..........
02-07-2012
Lesley, ok, I understand your problem now. Are your wife parents still alive? The nortary office in her home city is the first place to inquire
what can be done. Then the document will have to be translated to English, and notarized as well.

Iamhopeful

Feb 24, 2012
mark_in_canada said:
Welcome Iamhopeful, looks like the next step for you, and me, is the Passport request. Then the next step is Visa, or interview.
Which city is your girl from? Mine is from Hangzhou... :)
Hi Lesley,

Congrats for your interview; I am sure everything will go well.
It seems from your previous posts that your interview will be in Beijing, am I right ? Are you currently living in China ? The reason I am asking is that I am currently living in Canada, and my wife is in Shanghai. If they ask for an interview, does it mean I would need to travel to China ? If it's the case, I would need some time to apply for Visa and do all the paperwork required for travelling.
Thanks,

lesley

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Iamhopeful said:
Hi Lesley,

Congrats for your interview; I am sure everything will go well.
It seems from your previous posts that your interview will be in Beijing, am I right ? Are you currently living in China ? The reason I am asking is that I am currently living in Canada, and my wife is in Shanghai. If they ask for an interview, does it mean I would need to travel to China ? If it's the case, I would need some time to apply for Visa and do all the paperwork required for travelling.
Thanks,
Hi Iamhopefully,

Yes, I'm currently living in China and we will be going to Beijing for an interview next week.

No, they didn't request the sponsor to be at the interview with the applicant, all they wrote was: "Your sponsor must be available for a possible phone interview on the same date between 8:00 - 12:00 noon (Beijing time). If your sponsor is in China, he/she should accompany you to the interview. Not all sponsors will be contacted"

But since we're living together now in China, so we will be heading to Beijing together.

Zagalo

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing , China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
3-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
China Applicants Thread

Iamhopeful, hi!
It's really weird but i can 't see my Ecas online .Beiijing used to update cases on their website but now they are redirecting applicants to CIC website , i tried there but nothing . What do youuse to log in? the UCI from Beijing ? do you use it on CIC website?

Iamhopeful

Feb 24, 2012
Zagalo said:
Iamhopeful, hi!
It's really weird but i can 't see my Ecas online .Beiijing used to update cases on their website but now they are redirecting applicants to CIC website , i tried there but nothing . What do youuse to log in? the UCI from Beijing ? do you use it on CIC website?
Hi Zagalo,

I did not know that Beijing had their own website. Can you tell me the link, I will look at it.
I always use the CIC website under "Check Application Status" link on the menu located on the right side. I type my UCI number provided in the AOR, my last name, date of birth, and place of birth. I can see, as I am the sponsor, that the file in Beijing is "in process" for my wife (the applicant). I did try also to type the UCI number of my wife (also provided in the AOR) + last name + ..., and I have the same result: file "in process". I tried also the receipt number when I paid the immigration fees before to submit the application; same result as well. I hope it helps !! I am still waiting for the passport request...

Zagalo

Star Member
Dec 11, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing , China
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-10-2011
File Transfer...
10-01-2012
Med's Done....
3-10-2011
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
14-02-2012
VISA ISSUED...
06-03-2012
LANDED..........
13-04-2012
Iamhopeful said:
Hi Zagalo,

I did not know that Beijing had their own website. Can you tell me the link, I will look at it.
I always use the CIC website under "Check Application Status" link on the menu located on the right side. I type my UCI number provided in the AOR, my last name, date of birth, and place of birth. I can see, as I am the sponsor, that the file in Beijing is "in process" for my wife (the applicant). I did try also to type the UCI number of my wife (also provided in the AOR) + last name + ..., and I have the same result: file "in process". I tried also the receipt number when I paid the immigration fees before to submit the application; same result as well. I hope it helps !! I am still waiting for the passport request...
The website of the Canadian Embassy in Beijing is www.china.gc.ca Back in 2010 when i applied for Federal skilled worker through Beijing i used to check my application status through that website because Beijing updated it on their website It was really detailed and updates were done regularly .But it is written there that they do not provide such service anymore and all requests should be done on the CIC website , but when i log in on CIC website with all the informations i have nothing pops up , weird huh , but i do not worry much about that because the application is being normally processed my wife has already gotten passport request two weeks ago from Beijing office ,that is one month after the approval in Mississauga , just hoping now that they didn't just make an early request of passport but did so because they are ready to issue the visa to my wife. Anyway we are just waiting now and hope the good news comes soon !
Good luck to all of us!

lesley

Star Member
Jul 28, 2011
Zagalo said:
The website of the Canadian Embassy in Beijing is www.china.gc.ca Back in 2010 when i applied for Federal skilled worker through Beijing i used to check my application status through that website because Beijing updated it on their website It was really detailed and updates were done regularly .But it is written there that they do not provide such service anymore and all requests should be done on the CIC website , but when i log in on CIC website with all the informations i have nothing pops up , weird huh , but i do not worry much about that because the application is being normally processed my wife has already gotten passport request two weeks ago from Beijing office ,that is one month after the approval in Mississauga , just hoping now that they didn't just make an early request of passport but did so because they are ready to issue the visa to my wife. Anyway we are just waiting now and hope the good news comes soon !
Good luck to all of us!
Hi Zagalo

What I used to check our status was just on the CIC website, either using sponsor' s information or applicant's information. If I use the Sponsor's information to check, it shows also information of the applicant too, but if I use Application's information to check, it ONLY shows the applicant info.

What it didn't show in our status right now is about the payment we have made through them at the beginning, because I paid our payment using "online payment", so I guess that's why it didn't show that.

Iamhopefully, did yours information show payment was made?