Interview........
15-Dec-2014
Passport Req..
at interview
VISA ISSUED...
16-Dec-2014
LANDED..........
25-Dec-2014
Just received our 2nd set of GCMS notes - not a single bit of progress indicated :( - exact duplicate of June notes....

the precise timing of sending of the requested notes seems to be the most efficient thing happening through the Beijing offices. I appreciate this much, but it's almost as though they're on strike again...

Was looking forward to taking some good news along with me when I arrive there in a couple of days.

The lives of the many controlled by the few..... ::) patience is a mirror of circumstantial reflection pausing before a preponderance of meaning

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
MAY 26, 2014 <br>AOR2 Received: SEP 9, 2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SEP 24, 2014 <br>Decision Made: OCT 13, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
I can confirm another week of nothing for me.

mdjhx

Sep 1, 2014
Question about the Chinese hukou and marriage certificate

Hello,

I am trying to sponsor my Chinese wife and have a question about a discrepancy between the hukou and marriage certificate.

We have included in our application a photocopy of our Chinese marriage certificate and a translated and notarized version of same.

However, my wife's hukou is with her employer. In Chinese it is known as a collective (集体户口)hukou. The hukou shows her marital status as "single" .... I have inquired about how to change this status to "married" but it is not a easy process and requires some time.

The fact that the marital status on her hukou shows "single"...Will this cause problems with the sponsorship application? Or is it ok as long as we provide a photocopy of the marriage certificate and a translated and notarized copy of same?

Has anybody had experience with this?

Thanks.

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Same here, another week with nada. Bound to come soon. Everyone i have know from the city where i live in Northern China usually take about 6 months to get their PPR. A friend who just moved back to Canada last month with his wife got theirs in less than 4 months. So it has to be in the cards for us soon.

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Re: Question about the Chinese hukou and marriage certificate

mdjhx said:
Hello,

We have included in our application a photocopy of our Chinese marriage certificate and a translated and notarized version of same.

However, my wife's hukou is with her employer. In Chinese it is known as a collective (集体户口)hukou. The hukou shows her marital status as "single" .... I have inquired about how to change this status to "married" but it is not a easy process and requires some time.

The fact that the marital status on her hukou shows "single"...Will this cause problems with the sponsorship application? Or is it ok as long as we provide a photocopy of the marriage certificate and a translated and notarized copy of same?

Thanks.
I thought this change would be done at the same time as when you got your Chinese marriage certificate? (my wife's was its jut a tiny stamp they use to update it)

How did you obtain your marriage certificate without the hukou?

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
LiamNorwich said:
Same here, another week with nada. Bound to come soon. Everyone i have know from the city where i live in Northern China usually take about 6 months to get their PPR. A friend who just moved back to Canada last month with his wife got theirs in less than 4 months. So it has to be in the cards for us soon.
Really expecting you will hear this week. The other poster had a similar SA date as you...

its after Labour Day now... everyone should be back at work.

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Kysorb, you must have giving me some good Karma because my wife finally got her AOR2 from Beijing saying they received our package on March 19th. So here's hoping that for those who applied around the same time you will here soon.

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Well, for all foreseeable purposes I am next in our line...

Only question now is between when you got your SA and my SA Mississauga increased in time by like 28 days to get the SA.... I wonder if that will have an effect in my wait or if i will get my AOR2 in about 2 weeks.

Hopefully my stuff is already sitting somewhere in a box in Beijing. If the SA delay they had in Mississauga had nothing to do with the abroad offices or a massive flux of applicants, then I hope the SA delay has been swallowed up by the Beijing summer of nothing.

My wife and I leave on Sunday for Nanjing. Time to hit the rails for September.

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Who knows about the delays. I am hoping that everyone was just on holiday this summer and are now back at work. We've made our daughter a Canadian Citizen so ill have to make a trip to Beijing this month anyways to get her a Canadian passport. Be interesting to see how long the wait will be for our decision to be made. 3 couple have left from my city to Canada in the past couple years. One couple got their AOR2 and PPR within 24 hours, while the other couples waited about 3-4 weeks after their AOR2. I would love to be a fly on the wall at the embassy to see how the decision gets made and why some applications take longer.

mpeng76

Dec 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BEIJING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
25-04-2014
Passport Req..
08-09-2014
Hi Guys
I have some good news. Just got passport request for my wife and the online status has also been updated.

"We started processing your application on September 1, 2014."

CIC is asking us to send her passport and :eek: her birth certificate. Since she was born in the 80's there was no such a thing. Does anyone know where to get this? I searched around for a bit and it seems it's either the police station or the city notary that can issue such a thing. Has anyone tried to get one?

-Michael

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
Hey mpeng76,

I was in the same boat as you. My wife was born in 1983 so wasn't issued a birth certificate. What we were told to do was go to where her Hukou was issued. They can issue a paper saying when she was born and it will prove her relationship to her parents. You'll have to have it translated and certified though.

Good luck and congrats on the PPR.

mpeng76

Dec 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BEIJING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
25-04-2014
Passport Req..
08-09-2014
LiamNorwich said:
Hey mpeng76,

I was in the same boat as you. My wife was born in 1983 so wasn't issued a birth certificate. What we were told to do was go to where her Hukou was issued. They can issue a paper saying when she was born and it will prove her relationship to her parents. You'll have to have it translated and certified though.

Good luck and congrats on the PPR.
Hi Liam
Thanks for the tip.

In case anyone is wondering about this, we went to the official city notary. It costed about 200 RMB and we had to supply her HuKou. It is issued with English translation and takes about 4 work days (expedited processing so we can pick it up on Friday)

-Michael

Kysorb

Star Member
Apr 3, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Beijing
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
APR 2, 2014
AOR Received.
MAY 22, 2014
File Transfer...
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
OCT 18, 2014
LANDED..........
NOV 10, 2014
Hi folks,

You have scared me because I am off traveling and thought leaving my wife's hukou back at out apartment was the safest place for it (assuming all i would need to do was send her passport later, I had no plans to go back to Beijing until "its time".

Is this something only a few people need to provide later for some reason or do I need to re-route myself back to Beijing to get her Hukou so we can do this paper back in her hometown?

LiamNorwich

Jun 9, 2011
I provided it right at the get go as they asked for a birth certificate. Seems different provinces would have you go to different places to get it. In Heilongjiang we were required to go back to police station where her hukou was issued. Thankfully for us it was only an hour drive.

mpeng76

Dec 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
BEIJING
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
06-03-2014
File Transfer...
25-04-2014
Passport Req..
08-09-2014
Kysorb said:
Hi folks,

You have scared me because I am off traveling and thought leaving my wife's hukou back at out apartment was the safest place for it (assuming all i would need to do was send her passport later, I had no plans to go back to Beijing until "its time".

Is this something only a few people need to provide later for some reason or do I need to re-route myself back to Beijing to get her Hukou so we can do this paper back in her hometown?
Hi Kysorb
I think the only reason they asked for her birth certificate in the PPR was because we never included it in the original package. (I dont even remember whether the original package asked for that) It seems most people only get a request for the passport.

-Michael