+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child's Visa expiring tomorrow. PR already filed! Need urgent help !

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Hi - My baby girl was born in India. We got her to Canada on visitor visa in July 2023. Me and my wife are Canadian PR. I filed baby's PR sponsorship application last week. Her 6 months in Canada will be completed tomorrow, and I just got to know that her stay here will be illegal after tomorrow. Should I file for her Visitor Record today?? I checked online and it says visa extension should be applied 30 days in advance. Also, what's the exact no. of days visitor visa is valid for? It says 6 months online, but doesn't mention the exact no. of days.

Feedback for all - don't take the help of less experienced consultants. They can seriously put you in trouble.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi - My baby girl was born in India. We got her to Canada on visitor visa in July 2023. Me and my wife are Canadian PR. I filed baby's PR sponsorship application last week. Her 6 months in Canada will be completed tomorrow, and I just got to know that her stay here will be illegal after tomorrow. Should I file for her Visitor Record today?? I checked online and it says visa extension should be applied 30 days in advance. Also, what's the exact no. of days visitor visa is valid for? It says 6 months online, but doesn't mention the exact no. of days.

Feedback for all - don't take the help of less experienced consultants. They can seriously put you in trouble.
You need to apply for the visitor record today. The sponsorship application does not give your child implied status.

Reactions: ERCAN and YVR123

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
Thanks @scylla for your response. I will apply for the visitor record today, but will it be valid as the info on the site says it has to be applied 30 days in advance.

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
As long as you apply before the visa expires, you should be OK.

This is just another way of government milking money from us. Ideally, once you file a sponsorship application, that should be it until the verdict and no other status extention permit should be filed.

Good luck with both.

Reactions: YVR123 and dagrwl15

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
As long as you apply before the visa expires, you should be OK.

This is just another way of government milking money from us. Ideally, once you file a sponsorship application, that should be it until the verdict and no other status extention permit should be filed.

Good luck with both.
Thankyou so much for the help !

dagrwl15

Oct 18, 2019
I am not able to validate IMM5708. I can't fill any data under work experience as my daughter doesn't have any work experience. System doesn't allow me to upload the file. I have only few hrs left before my daughter's stay in Canada will be illegal. Please help !

cecbear

Feb 2, 2013
From IRCC Guide: If you do not work, describe what you are currently doing (retired, not working, going to school, etc.)

So just put two entries: The period she was in her home country, and the period she was in Canada. Put time, activity, city accordingly, and put N/A for name of company.

Good luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: YVR123

colgate1

Star Member
Jul 1, 2023
Right, fill it out like suggested above

- After downloading the form, right click and open with adobe.
- You dont need to sign it. Just provide first and last name.
- Make sure to save one the form is completed.
- Last but not least, dont forget to validate the form. You will see bunch of barcodes on the last page.

Please also write a cover letter and explain the situation.

I would never assume whoever is gonna process your application would be smart enough to understand your baby girl is not old enough to work. It is better to be safe than sorry.

Try lodging the application tonight and please try not to leave such stuff to the last minute

Good luck to you and your family.