+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Childs Sponsorship application forwarded to NDVO - Need advice

The_Dark_Knight

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi Folks,

On Mar 14, I had received an email communication from CIC that my child's sponsorship application has been forwarded to New Delhi Visa Office for further processing.

I need some help / guidance on a couple of questions :

1. How long does it take usually for a Child Sponsorship application to be processed by New Delhi Visa Office, after they receive the file from CPC Mississauga ?

2. Should I wait it out till they issue medical & Passport Request OR should I submit a visitor Visa application to get my Child to Canada sooner ?

Even if I get Visitor visa & call my family to Canada, I will have to request a Visa office change when New Delhi Visa office issues the PPR for sponsorship application.

Your thoughts & suggestions would be really helpful.

Thanks in advance

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
The_Dark_Knight said:
1. How long does it take usually for a Child Sponsorship application to be processed by New Delhi Visa Office, after they receive the file from CPC Mississauga ?

2. Should I wait it out till they issue medical & Passport Request OR should I submit a visitor Visa application to get my Child to Canada sooner ?

Even if I get Visitor visa & call my family to Canada, I will have to request a Visa office change when New Delhi Visa office issues the PPR for sponsorship application.
Hi

1. There aren't really enough dependent child apps to give an average. Probably around 6 months.

2. You can apply for a TRV whenever you want.

You will be given the option of submitting the passport to Ottawa if the child is in Canada at the time of PPR.