+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

CHILDREN OVER-AGED DEPENDANTS

Sumnat

Jun 22, 2015
Pls advise on

If children are over-aged but still fulltime students, on IMM0008 - the reason for not accompanying will be "over-aged dependant". Should it mention how they will join the principal applicant (parents) later.... such "will join as students" or something ? or just leave it mentioning "over-aged dependent" ?

In the covering letter should it be mentioned that they are too eligible to study in the same province - to show that the principal applicant has a genuine intention of permanently settling down in the same province ?

Thx

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sumnat said:
Pls advise on

If children are over-aged but still fulltime students, on IMM0008 - the reason for not accompanying will be "over-aged dependant". Should it mention how they will join the principal applicant (parents) later.... such "will join as students" or something ? or just leave it mentioning "over-aged dependent" ?

In the covering letter should it be mentioned that they are too eligible to study in the same province - to show that the principal applicant has a genuine intention of permanently settling down in the same province ?

Thx
If children are 19 years old or more, they are no longer being considered as dependent, except in very specific circumstances. Being a full time student no longer makes any difference. They will not be eligible for immigration as dependents.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/department/media/notices/2014-06-23.asp

Sumnat

Jun 22, 2015
Thanks.

Im aware of this.

What I'm asking is your expert opinion on talking about them in my covering letter, as to what the children will do when the parents (providers) are away from them....... and the parents' genuine intention of permanently settling down in the province. i.e. family be together.

Should I address this matter or not ? I have already got some info from colleges for their eligibility to enroll...... should I attach with their information ?

Thx for your patience and help :)

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
Sumnat said:
Thanks.

Im aware of this.

What I'm asking is your expert opinion on talking about them in my covering letter, as to what the children will do when the parents (providers) are away from them....... and the parents' genuine intention of permanently settling down in the province. i.e. family be together.

Should I address this matter or not ? I have already got some info from colleges for their eligibility to enroll...... should I attach with their information ?

Thx for your patience and help :)
I don't think that CIC will be interested in what persons who are not in the application will do. You referenced them as "over-aged dependants" but in fact they are not dependants at all, as far as CIC is concerned. Therefore, their future plans are irrelevant.