+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children Education History - Question 6G of Citizenship Application

tra

Dec 25, 2012
Hello all,

I am filling up my application for Citizenship. I am having some confusion regarding subjected question.
We moved from one city to another city during school summer vacations and my child who attended Grade 1 school from Septemebr 2010 to June 2011, was registered in new school in grade 2 after summer vacations.

Now in Question 6 G, they ask for "Date To and From" for institution attended.

My View: School year runs from September to June. I think child remained registered in previous school (even during summer vacations) untill he/she is registered in new school. And only then they remove his/her name from previous school's register. Am i right?

My Question:
1. For Grade 1 school of my child, should i put dates from September 2010 to september 2011? OR September 2010 to June 2011 (the period he actually attended grade 1 school)? What time period am i supposed to mention there?

I hope i have made you understand what information i seek.

Thank you all.

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@tra

You should take record from the school where he studied. School will provide you all the record from starting date till his last day. This is the best and detailed proof to attach with the application.
Put the same dates as per school record.You can request personaly, over the phone or through email to the school.
Hopefully it will resolve your issue.
Thx

tra

Dec 25, 2012
I have got the school record but i am not too sure if i have seen this information on that. My question was about duration that he reminaed registered in that particular school before he was registered in new school. I thought school records give you number of days student attended school.

Msafiri

Champion Member
Nov 18, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
tra said:
I have got the school record but i am not too sure if i have seen this information on that. My question was about duration that he reminaed registered in that particular school before he was registered in new school. I thought school records give you number of days student attended school.
My understanding is that you should put the 'actual' dates of attendance not those of registration.

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@tra
School records provide all the details if you get attendence record. It states all the details.When I applied Citizenship I got Letter from the school along with school record data. It is computer generated record.
Every school can pull up the files with student number. It will give you the exact information from day one upto the last day of his school. same dates you have to put in the application form. From session to session like sep 2010 to sep 2011 is not correct. The purpose is to show your son's pressence for 1095 days through school records.
If your son started in SEp 2010 till June. You have to put the exact dates.

cool_alex

Jan 6, 2013
@miltonian
If the purpose of school records were to confirm child's presence, why would CIC also require school records for children residing abroad and not planning to apply for citizenship?

tra

Dec 25, 2012
Thanks miltonian, but you stated two docs,school record and attendance record. Are they different docs? i have school records. Further, what information should preferably be given on the letter if i ask one from school?

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@tra
It is School Letter and enrollment record. School letter is like a experience letter. School will issue with the subject of: To whom it may concern: will provide student's name, date of birth and student's attended days in the school. The enrollment letter is a print out from the Toronto school board system or any school board will provides date of registraion,total attendences and if student has transffered to the other school or left the school.

miltonian

Oct 24, 2012
@cool_alex
If the purpose of school records were to confirm child's presence, why would CIC also require school records for children residing abroad and not planning to apply for citizenship?

Dear, CIC want to make sure that children have met the residency requirement or lost their PR status. PR status is mandatory to go for next level.