+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Children accompanying sponser

Endmeplease

Feb 1, 2019
I'm the primary applicant and my wife is being sponsored in the Philippines. Our baby's proof of citizenship has already been completed and the only way to get her a Canada passport is in the Philippines where the baby resides. For those that are sponsoring spouses with their already Canadian children abroad, when the sponsor (my wife) gets her PPR , does the Visa office stamp the passport of the children as well or do I need to get a Canadian passport done so she can accompany her mother. My kid only has a Filipino Passport. Been getting the run around from the embassy and the passport office here as they have seperate processes. I'm looking for someone going through the same situation for answers.

Last edited:

Wakki

Champion Member
Sep 18, 2017
after the proof of citizenship for the baby has been issued.....you need to apply for Canadian passport for the baby.....Canadian citizen cannot be issued a visa......your baby will need the Canadian passport to be able to travel with the mother to Canada.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
I'm the primary applicant and my wife is being sponsored in the Philippines. Our baby's proof of citizenship has already been completed and the only way to get her a Canada passport is in the Philippines where the baby resides. For those that are sponsoring spouses with their already Canadian children abroad, when the sponsor (my wife) gets her PPR , does the Visa office stamp the passport of the children as well or do I need to get a Canadian passport done so she can accompany her mother. My kid only has a Filipino Passport. Been getting the run around from the embassy and the passport office here as they have seperate processes. I'm looking for someone going through the same situation for answers.
You need a Canadian passport for your child. It has nothing to do with your wife's app. As you already have the Certificate of Citizenship, it is just a normal passport app. They say about a month for processing time but it is generally less. If you have proof of travel, you can request urgent processing.