+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Childbirth tourism agencies in Canada:

THENOX

Jan 21, 2017
Hello,

I would like to ask the following question: my wife is European and would like to fly to Canada to give birth to our child to secure Canadian Citizenship for him.

I would like to make this process as smooth of her as possible.

Could you tell me the names of any commercial agencies I could turn to for a start to finish service, that is: from touching down, through helping with accommodation to a baby flying back out on a Canadian passport?

If the service covering such breadth is not available could you give me the names of agencies which provide less comprehensive service?

Big thanks in advance.

Kindest regards.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Note that no one (including agencies) can guarantee your wife will be admitted to Canada when she arrives. Women who are visibly pregnant are sometimes turned away and sent home if CBSA suspects the primary reason for visiting Canada is birth tourism. So that's something you should be prepared for regardless of who helps you with the application.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
THENOX said:
Hello,

I would like to ask the following question: my wife is European and would like to fly to Canada to give birth to our child to secure Canadian Citizenship for him.

I would like to make this process as smooth of her as possible.

Could you tell me the names of any commercial agencies I could turn to for a start to finish service, that is: from touching down, through helping with accommodation to a baby flying back out on a Canadian passport?

If the service covering such breadth is not available could you give me the names of agencies which provide less comprehensive service?

Big thanks in advance.

Kindest regards.
I don't know of any such agencies.

Birth tourism in Canada in itself is incredibly risky also, since if there are any complications with the pregnancy or delivery for either mom or baby, the hospital can rack up to tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars. Even through baby would be a Canadian citizen upon birth, in most cases they are NOT covered for healthcare since the baby would not be making Canada their permanent home so would not fulfill the provincial healthcare residency obligation.

There was a case recently in BC where an Australian couple there on visitor status faced a $1 Million hospital bill due to their baby having complications requiring a very long hospital stay before they were cleared to fly home.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Rob_TO said:
There was a case recently in BC where an Australian couple there on visitor status faced a $1 Million hospital bill due to their baby having complications requiring a very long hospital stay before they were cleared to fly home.
Here's the article Rob_TO is referring to:

https://www.thestar.com/news/canada/2012/03/28/australian_couple_gives_birth_to_milliondollar_baby.html

They settled with the hospital and will have to pay $300 per month for the rest of their lives to cover the costs of the delivery.