+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

child with possibly autism spectrum disorder and just applied for PR..panicking!

wallfamily

Dec 29, 2014
Hi everyone, sorry its the first time I've posted on a forum site so if I get it wrong I apologise...

We are a family from UK, hubby came over in 2012 and myself and our kids moved over 2013 we have just applied for PR as in just sent in application in Oct but one of our kids just had first appointment in Dec and they mentioned possible autism spectrum disorder and want to do an assessment o_0 so I went to google and looked up how it affects PR and I'm having a panic attack over the horror stories I've read...any information would be appreciated please

Very nervous family!!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
The short answer is that no one here can tell you for certain what will happen. If you search this forum for "autism" you will find old discussions on this topic. It will come down to the severity of the autism and what CIC calculates will be the costs to Canada's health care and social care systems annually. If the cost is assessed as being greater than $6,500 per year, then you can expect to receive a letter from CIC notifying you that they plan to refuse your application and providing you the opportunity to argue that the costs per year will be lower than this stated maximimum. It's also entirely possible you will receive no such letter if the autism is mild and CIC believes there will be not significant impact to Canada's support systems.

I think the best advice any of us can offer is to start gathering evidence of treatment costs in Canada (in the event you do receive the refusal letter) so that you can provide a strong response in the short time required to try to prove that the costs each year will be lower than those calculated by CIC. Search for "medical inadmissibility" and "fairness letter" on this forum. There is a ton of good information here in historical threads.

Good luck.

atilla1971

Apr 5, 2016
hiya,

i am very new to this forum and i just came across your post as we are in a similar situation. i applied for pr through express entry in october 2015 and we just got a letter on the 1st of april 2016 regarding the medical fairness because my last child is mildly autistic. we really do not know how to approach it and would appreciate your experience here please.

i am a family physician working in calgary already on a work permit and we moved to canada from the uk in august of 2015. we applied through an immigration agent though we are thinking of going through a proper lawyer this time. my child is already attending a special school in calgary and he is doing very well, the school offered to write a letter of support as well on his behalf. we are happy to reply to the fairness letter after hearing what people will advise on this forum. all answers are welcome please.

thanks

atilla

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18th September 2015 at CIO
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
atilla1971 said:
hiya,

i am very new to this forum and i just came across your post as we are in a similar situation. i applied for pr through express entry in october 2015 and we just got a letter on the 1st of april 2016 regarding the medical fairness because my last child is mildly autistic. we really do not know how to approach it and would appreciate your experience here please.

i am a family physician working in calgary already on a work permit and we moved to canada from the uk in august of 2015. we applied through an immigration agent though we are thinking of going through a proper lawyer this time. my child is already attending a special school in calgary and he is doing very well, the school offered to write a letter of support as well on his behalf. we are happy to reply to the fairness letter after hearing what people will advise on this forum. all answers are welcome please.

thanks

atilla
There are many applicant who got approval with special child . Pl read some posts at bellow link for get better idea though all are old and other forum

When did you comple your medical ? Is there any repeat test for your child

http://britishexpats.com/forum/immigration-citizenship-canada-33/yes-visa-approval-despite-excessive-demand-due-autistic-spectrum-disorder-612948/

fortune999

May 19, 2016
atilla1971 said:
hiya,

thanks

atilla
Hi Atilla,

I am also in similar situation, and I too in Calgary. Last week I had my medical and my daughter is 3 and half year old. She is attending special school and doing well. We have been engaged private therapist's since Oct 2015 and she has been improving a lot since then. I would like to know your status, what happened after fairness statement submission. I would also like to know, what are the documents you have provided to the Physician at the time of medicals for covering your kid status. Please give me some direction on this.

Thank you,
Fortune999

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
fortune999 said:
Hi Atilla,

I am also in similar situation, and I too in Calgary. Last week I had my medical and my daughter is 3 and half year old. She is attending special school and doing well. We have been engaged private therapist's since Oct 2015 and she has been improving a lot since then. I would like to know your status, what happened after fairness statement submission. I would also like to know, what are the documents you have provided to the Physician at the time of medicals for covering your kid status. Please give me some direction on this.

Thank you,
Fortune999

Hi
Don't worry with your application. You could join the bellow WhatsApp group
Where we are discussing same issue like you

[/quotehttps://chat.whatsapp.com/1GpanOiHqvm9N7vxGL4asj]

NewPlan2014

Dec 3, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Singapore
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
18th February 2015
Med's Request
10th March 2015
Med's Done....
17th March 2015
atilla1971 said:
hiya,

thanks

atilla
What is your update now after replying the fairness letter ? Pl update us