+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child tax benifit.

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
I have a question.
What is the law here in canada for child tax benefits.
How long anyone receive their child benefits if they stay outside of canada?
Second if husband and wife live seperate and wife stay back home till how long she receive the child benefits?
Revenue Canada is not unable to give child tax benefit information to father.
If husband wife seperated then what is law. Please guide us.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I have a question.
What is the law here in canada for child tax benefits.
How long anyone receive their child benefits if they stay outside of canada?
Second if husband and wife live seperate and wife stay back home till how long she receive the child benefits?
Revenue Canada is not unable to give child tax benefit information to father.
If husband wife seperated then what is law. Please guide us.
You must be living in Canada to receive the child benefit.

If the husband and wife separate and the child returns back to the home country with the wife, they are not entitled to the child benefit.

The wife needs to be living in Canada with the child to qualify.

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
You must be living in Canada to receive the child benefit.

If the husband and wife separate and the child returns back to the home country with the wife, they are not entitled to the child benefit.

The wife needs to be living in Canada with the child to qualify.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
If you have left the country and are still receiving child tax benefit you must contact CRA. You were supposed to do so before leaving Canada. If you received child tax benefit while out of Canada anticipate having to pay it back with a penalty.

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
Ok thanks
But wife is living back home since 9 months and she is receiving child benefits since jan 2018. What is the process to inform revenue canada. Cause they are not listing the husband. But they are seperate.

Copingwithlife

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2018
Earth
Last edited:

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
Thanks for all of you.
His wife went back home pakistan since jan 2018. And still there but now husband knows from some sources that his wife got 2nd marriage without filing divorce here in canada. And she filed the KHULLA (Divorce) in pakistan. In canada the both parties status is married and not file the divorce. Husband try to inform revenue but revenue is not ready to listen him.
What kind of rule this is ?
If she suponse her 2nd husband?
So what happens next in this kind of circumstances.
Please guyz thanks for your time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks for all of you.
His wife went back home pakistan since jan 2018. And still there but now husband knows from some sources that his wife got 2nd marriage without filing divorce here in canada. And she filed the KHULLA (Divorce) in pakistan. In canada the both parties status is married and not file the divorce. Husband try to inform revenue but revenue is not ready to listen him.
What kind of rule this is ?
If she suponse her 2nd husband?
So what happens next in this kind of circumstances.
Please guyz thanks for your time.
Has he contacted CRA. They will certainly take action and freeze the child tax benefit and seek repayment. In terms of the divorce and second marriage, this isn't really a Canadian issue currently. If it was a genuine marriage there I nothing he can do. People get divorced and get remarried. Did they originally get married in Pakistan? They can then get divorced in Pakistan. You wouldn't need to get divorced again Canada. Did he sponsor his wife to come to Canada? Did they immigrate together?

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
But before filing the divorce here in canada how she sponser the second husband.
I think she suppose to be here and file the divorce first and then sponser the second husband rite? Yes he suponser this wife before when she came here first.
She got marriage there yes.
An canadian laywer told him to file divorve here. To clear your record and then u r able to do marriage again is this correct??
Husband was here and he sponser his wife i think i 2011?
She is citizen of canada now.
What is ur suggestion in this case.
Cause due to the PAKISTAN NADRA record she attached the divorce and enter new marraige there.
If she suponser her husband what is the next step and what is the next step for guy as well.
Thanks for ur time.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Your friend has to speak to a lawyer about whether he also needs a Canadian divorce. Given that I assume he is a Canadian citizen and has been living in Canada yes a Canadian divorce may also required. At that time child custody and support orders will be put in place. His wife will be able to sponsor a new husband 5 years after she has landed in Canada. Sounds like she may have already hit the 5 year mark. He is allowed to sponsor again 3 years after his first wife landed.

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
Your friend has to speak to a lawyer about whether he also needs a Canadian divorce. Given that I assume he is a Canadian citizen and has been living in Canada yes a Canadian divorce may also required. At that time child custody and support orders will be put in place. His wife will be able to sponsor a new husband 5 years after she has landed in Canada. Sounds like she may have already hit the 5 year mark. He is allowed to sponsor again 3 years after his first wife landed.
Yes u r rite.
Both are canadian citizen.
Really appreciate ur time.
One thing i also want clear.
If his xwife sponser her 2nd husband he will have to come canada first and apply the spouse sponser for him?
Or she is at backhome since jan 2018 is she sponser her husband from backhome or she have to come here first?
Last question.
Thanks again.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes u r rite.
Both are canadian citizen.
Really appreciate ur time.
One thing i also want clear.
If his xwife sponser her 2nd husband he will have to come canada first and apply the spouse sponser for him?
Or she is at backhome since jan 2018 is she sponser her husband from backhome or she have to come here first?
Last question.
Thanks again.
No a citizen can sponsor from abroad. Make sure he does call about the child tax. benefit because there will be a penalty plus repayment.

rafat shah

Jun 6, 2011
No a citizen can sponsor from abroad. Make sure he does call about the child tax. benefit because there will be a penalty plus repayment.
If she is canadian citizen how she sponser from backhome?
She dont have job since 9 month she dont have house for live. She just survive thete just for child support in that case he can apply for spouse sponser with out any income?
He tried to inform CRA And told them my wife is not here we live seperate and she live backhome out of canada but they said we are not able to speak abt you untill ur wife is not giving us permission.
Thats not a good rule i think.
Guy dont want to stop the benefits causr he have kids and he dont want to give hard time to his kids.
But if she is not informing CRV there will be a trouble for her in future?
How CRA knows and ask the benifits payback with plenty?
For sponsership i think she come here first and apply for spouse sponser to arrange some job and house for live what u think???

jddd

Champion Member
Oct 1, 2017
If she is canadian citizen how she sponser from backhome?
She dont have job since 9 month she dont have house for live. She just survive thete just for child support in that case he can apply for spouse sponser with out any income?
He tried to inform CRA And told them my wife is not here we live seperate and she live backhome out of canada but they said we are not able to speak abt you untill ur wife is not giving us permission.
Thats not a good rule i think.
Guy dont want to stop the benefits causr he have kids and he dont want to give hard time to his kids.
But if she is not informing CRV there will be a trouble for her in future?
How CRA knows and ask the benifits payback with plenty?
For sponsership i think she come here first and apply for spouse sponser to arrange some job and house for live what u think???
As answered before, as a Canadian citizen, she will be able to sponsor her new husband from outside Canada. There is nothing you can do about that.

Child benefits, they will find out. They will ask her to pay them back. How? Ask someone who works for the CRA. But simply sponsoring her new husband from outside Canada will show the government she isn’t here.

As for the rule of needing permission from the person before being given information, it is called privacy. It is always a good rule.