+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Tax Benefit - Question

Reddude19

Feb 13, 2016
So \I applied for Child tax benefit back in may when we arrived in Canada , I am a Canadian citzen and my wife is not , I am sponsoring her , we are receiving the the child tax benefit since last year , both my wife and I filed our taxes in 2017 , do we need to apply for child tax benefit again , or is the first application fine , since we did out taxes already , we will continue to receive the child tax benefit , no need to apply again?

pie_vancouver

Jun 12, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
No need to apply again.

torontosm

Champion Member
Apr 3, 2013
So \I applied for Child tax benefit back in may when we arrived in Canada , I am a Canadian citzen and my wife is not , I am sponsoring her , we are receiving the the child tax benefit since last year , both my wife and I filed our taxes in 2017 , do we need to apply for child tax benefit again , or is the first application fine , since we did out taxes already , we will continue to receive the child tax benefit , no need to apply again?
No need to apply again. You will continue to receive it, and it will be adjusted based upon your most recent income level.

SpottedDick

Star Member
Jun 26, 2017
Montreal
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
CPC-M
App. Filed.......
30-05-2017
or is the first application fine , since we did out taxes already , we will continue to receive the child tax benefit , no need to apply again?
Register yourself at CRA MyAccount service and check your situation. It is convinient tool to manage the benefits.