+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Sponsorship: Signing on his behalf

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Hi - I am sponsoring my son for PR. He is already in Canada on visitor visa. I have 3 questions:

1. As an Sponsor, I am required to digitally sign the application on his behalf as he is just 1 yr old. While signing the application, do I need to write my Name or his name?

2. I wanted to confirm the response on my previous question, which was answered by @armoured (Thanks so much for your help) - should I mention his current country of stay as Canada. He is on visitor visa. Is it right to show Canada as his current country of residence? He came to Canada 3 months ago.

3. As per the law, he can be in Canada for a maximum of 6 months during any visits to Canada on visitor visa. He is just 13 months. Will it be applicable on him as well?? I mean how a 13 months old can leave the country ??

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
Hi - I am sponsoring my son for PR. He is already in Canada on visitor visa. I have 3 questions:

1. As an Sponsor, I am required to digitally sign the application on his behalf as he is just 1 yr old. While signing the application, do I need to write my Name or his name?

2. I wanted to confirm the response on my previous question, which was answered by @armoured (Thanks so much for your help) - should I mention his current country of stay as Canada. He is on visitor visa. Is it right to show Canada as his current country of residence? He came to Canada 3 months ago.

3. As per the law, he can be in Canada for a maximum of 6 months during any visits to Canada on visitor visa. He is just 13 months. Will it be applicable on him as well?? I mean how a 13 months old can leave the country ??
1. Your name.
2. Canada as already answered by other members here in your other posts.
3. Yes it is applicable, you will have to apply for an extension prior to the end of the 6 months just like anybody else would be required to do.

Reactions: YVR123

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
1. Your name.
2. Canada as already answered by other members here in your other posts.
3. Yes it is applicable, you will have to apply for an extension prior to the end of the 6 months just like anybody else would be required to do.
thanks so much for your help. Any idea about the approx time they take to give the extension?

Canada2020eh

Champion Member
Aug 2, 2019
thanks so much for your help. Any idea about the approx time they take to give the extension?
No I don't but once you have applied for it to be extended the child still is able to stay in Canada while it is being processed. To avoid complications you should apply before the current 6 months is up.

Reactions: Montut