+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child Sponsorship on PGWP

sjoseph

Dec 18, 2019
Hi friends!

My spouse and I are now in Canada under the PGWP, which is valid until June 2024.
We are trying to bring our seven-year-old son, who is a minor, to Canada from India.

Immigration agencies have told me that I have the choice of bringing him in on a visitor's visa or a study visa.

I would like to know:

1) Is he able to attend school in Canada if I bring him here on a visitor's visa?
I am aware that adults cannot study while on a visitor's visa, but can children?

2) Is there any way he can study if he is unable to study on visitor visa? (like is it possible to change his status later)
Do we have to wait until one of us receives PR, so that he can start studying?

3) Since it is now incredibly difficult to obtain PR while staying in Ontario, we will be moving to a new province.
It may take 2-3 months for the processing for child visa.
By then, we'll have already been moved to a different province. Will applying from Ontario be an issue?

Please help if anyone faced the any of these situations.

Thankyou

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi friends!

My spouse and I are now in Canada under the PGWP, which is valid until June 2024.
We are trying to bring our seven-year-old son, who is a minor, to Canada from India.

Immigration agencies have told me that I have the choice of bringing him in on a visitor's visa or a study visa.

I would like to know:

1) Is he able to attend school in Canada if I bring him here on a visitor's visa?
I am aware that adults cannot study while on a visitor's visa, but can children?

2) Is there any way he can study if he is unable to study on visitor visa? (like is it possible to change his status later)
Do we have to wait until one of us receives PR, so that he can start studying?

3) Since it is now incredibly difficult to obtain PR while staying in Ontario, we will be moving to a new province.
It may take 2-3 months for the processing for child visa.
By then, we'll have already been moved to a different province. Will applying from Ontario be an issue?

Please help if anyone faced the any of these situations.

Thankyou
Wrong section. This is not Family Sponsorship. Post under International Students as child needs study permit.