+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child sponsorship: Co-signer not working

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
Should I have my spouse as a co-sponsor in our child's application if she is unemployed? She moved to Canada 4 months ago and is not working at present. Also, if I make her a cosigner, what info would I fill under Point 17 of the form 1283e - "Calculation of income based on Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) Notice of Assessment" ? She was working in India and hasn't worked in Canada yet.

Last edited:

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Should I have my spouse as a co-sponsor in our child's application if she is unemployed? She moved to Canada 4 months ago and is not working at present. Also, if I make her a cosigner, what info would I fill under Point 17 of the form 1283e - "Calculation of income based on Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) Notice of Assessment" ? She was working in India and hasn't worked in Canada yet.
No need for a co-signer.

Montut

Jul 3, 2018
No need for a co-signer.
Thanks @armoured. I am still to file for PR. Waiting for a document. Hopefully it will be done in the coming week. I have another query - My child's 6 month stay will be over in Jan and tomorrow is the last date to apply for visitor record to extend his stay in Canada. I tried applying for the 'Visitor Record'. I tried apply online using GC key, but based on the info I added it doesn't give me an option to apply for Visitor Record. It says -

Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

Family Class: Spouses, Partners and Dependents (Outside Canada)
You may be eligible to come to Canada through Family Class Sponsorship.

It doesn't give any other option. My son is 1 year old. I am just wondering if I need to apply for visitor record. If yes, how to go about it. Any input will be highly appreciated. I have also posted the query under the category General - All Canadian Immigration in case you don't want to answer it in this thread. Any help would be highly appreciated.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Thanks @armoured. I am still to file for PR. Waiting for a document. Hopefully it will be done in the coming week. I have another query - My child's 6 month stay will be over in Jan and tomorrow is the last date to apply for visitor record to extend his stay in Canada. I tried applying for the 'Visitor Record'. I tried apply online using GC key, but based on the info I added it doesn't give me an option to apply for Visitor Record. It says -

Based on the information you provided, the result(s) below indicate(s) whether you may be eligible to come to Canada.

It doesn't give any other option. My son is 1 year old. I am just wondering if I need to apply for visitor record. If yes, how to go about it. Any input will be highly appreciated. I have also posted the query under the category General - All Canadian Immigration in case you don't want to answer it in this thread. Any help would be highly appreciated.
Did you request a visitor record on arrival?

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018

You should pick the option that your son is just visiting and not moving to Canada to apply for visitor extension online.