N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Dear all,

Regarding upfront medical requirement for family class, processing outside Canada. I know it has been discussed quite few times, but didn't see anything new on this. I would really need some of your opinion/suggestion about this for me to decide on this.

I am sponsoring my son who is in India. He is just 30 days old. To reach to the nearest CIC approved physician, we have to take a minimum of 9 hours train journey (one way) and I am trying to see if we can avoid this by giving medical later (not upfront). This is because we are bit concerned on traveling with just 30 day old baby that long (health concern etc.) I called CIC and the agent told me that upfront medical is highly recommended and needed for faster processing (I know this and we all know this) however it is not obligatory to be upfront. But in the check list and instruction guides we can see it is requested to submit along with the application!

Now I need your suggestion on this? We are ready to take the travel risk in train if it is really needed but at the same time would try to avoid if it is possible. Does any one has any experience in submitting application without upfront medical in family class? Please let me know

Thank you and looking forward to hear form each of you.

Note: I am also processing TRV for my son so if everything goes fine they will be here by end of April so I can easily do medical here. (yes I know about TRV refusal possibility etc. in this case, but I don't want include that details here in this context, but I am working on that also)

Awesomeg

Mar 2, 2014
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb. 13/2014
Doc's Request.
24-07-2014
AOR Received.
19-03-2014
Med's Done....
27-01-2014....Remeds 13-03-15
Interview........
"Waived" In Process August 19-2014
Passport Req..
July 24-2014.
VISA ISSUED...
DM after almost 15 months of waiting, April 20/15
LANDED..........
15-05-2015 Finally... together...
shibinp said:
Dear all,

Regarding upfront medical requirement for family class, processing outside Canada. I know it has been discussed quite few times, but didn't see anything new on this. I would really need some of your opinion/suggestion about this for me to decide on this.

I am sponsoring my son who is in India. He is just 30 days old. To reach to the nearest CIC approved physician, we have to take a minimum of 9 hours train journey (one way) and I am trying to see if we can avoid this by giving medical later (not upfront). This is because we are bit concerned on traveling with just 30 day old baby that long (health concern etc.) I called CIC and the agent told me that upfront medical is highly recommended and needed for faster processing (I know this and we all know this) however it is not obligatory to be upfront. But in the check list and instruction guides we can see it is requested to submit along with the application!

Now I need your suggestion on this? We are ready to take the travel risk in train if it is really needed but at the same time would try to avoid if it is possible. Does any one has any experience in submitting application without upfront medical in family class? Please let me know

Thank you and looking forward to hear form each of you.

Note: I am also processing TRV for my son so if everything goes fine they will be here by end of April so I can easily do medical here. (yes I know about TRV refusal possibility etc. in this case, but I don't want include that details here in this context, but I am working on that also)
You are totally right when you don't want your new born baby to travel for 9 hours,
the environment is not healthy and his tender age make him susceptible to infections,
specially respiratory problems (Pneumonia), which at this age is asymptomatic (no fever).

It does not make any difference if you do the medicals up front or if you wait for them to request
the medicals.
Visa Offices are working so slow that at this time it does not make a difference. Your file is not going to be
faster of slower if you do the medicals upon request.

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If you hope that your son will be in Canada in April, why not wait until then to do an upfront medical and also to apply for PR? Then you can comply with CIC's requirements. Alternatively you can risk submitting an application for PR now without undergoing the medical, enclosing a letter with the application stating that you will have the medical done in Canada without the need to travel for 9 hours. You then run the risk of having the application returned, but apart from the delay resulting from that you will not be much worse off. It appears that some applicants get away with it and are invited by CIC to undergo the medical later.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
CELPIP - Sent with application
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Thank you.

as per my research there are many cases where TRV is refused for the baby whose parents are PR stating that the baby is not a genuine visitor. Then I called CIC and agent (and some others also) suggesting to start sponsoring ASAP and then apply for TRV and explain the details that I already applied for PR etc., so there is a chance to get it approved. I know it all some 'theory' but that is the best thing I can do now. So to be here in Canada on April, we need TRV and for TRV we would like to start sponsoring to make TRV case strong.

Another thing, even though I am not much concerned, if we start from here it would be In-land application then the processing time is way higher than out-land, you may already know this.

wowsers said:
If you hope that your son will be in Canada in April, why not wait until then to do an upfront medical and also to apply for PR? Then you can comply with CIC's requirements. Alternatively you can risk submitting an application for PR now without undergoing the medical, enclosing a letter with the application stating that you will have the medical done in Canada without the need to travel for 9 hours. You then run the risk of having the application returned, but apart from the delay resulting from that you will not be much worse off. It appears that some applicants get away with it and are invited by CIC to undergo the medical later.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Thank you,
do you think we can do medical even before CIC requesting? That is not upfront, but even before CIC requesting. I hope I could do this.

Awesomeg said:

wowsers

Feb 6, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
shibinp said:
Another thing, even though I am not much concerned, if we start from here it would be In-land application
You can apply outland even if everyone is in Canada. You would not have to apply inland.

Rob_TO

VIP Member
Nov 7, 2012
Toronto
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Seoul, Korea
App. Filed.......
13-07-2012
AOR Received.
18-08-2012
File Transfer...
21-08-2012
Med's Done....
Sent with App
Passport Req..
N/R - Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
30-10-2012
LANDED..........
16-11-2012
shibinp said:
Thank you,
do you think we can do medical even before CIC requesting? That is not upfront, but even before CIC requesting. I hope I could do this.
That is what I would do. Submit application without medical with explanation why you aren't including it, and then get it done as soon as you can and whenever that is simply update the visa office with the medical receipt. You know a medical will eventually be required, so there is no need to wait until they ask for it.

wowsers said:
You can apply outland even if everyone is in Canada. You would not have to apply inland.
Actually with children apps, there is no such thing as an inland application. ALL children apps must be outland, even if they are living in Canada.

shibinp

Star Member
Jan 7, 2013
Ontario - Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-03-2013
AOR Received.
23-04-2013
IELTS Request
Med's Request
10-12-2013
Med's Done....
17-12-2013
Interview........
N/A
Passport Req..
27-12-2013
VISA ISSUED...
08-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
29-Jan-2014
Thank you all. I finally decided to do this - apply without medical upfront. Will update you how it goes, at least may be helpful for someone in the future.