+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child PR card expired outside Canada, decision of parents

R

rish888

Something I found interesting:

York seems to give domestic fees to not only PR's but also the kids of PR's. This is pretty interesting given that say a minor tries to enter Canada but is reported for an RO violation and then looses their PR, they can continue to study on domestic fees on a study permit by virtue of their parents being PR's. (unless I've misinterpreted the clause.)

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Says at the beginning or the page that it will be up to the registrars discretion to determine whether someone is eligible for domestic tuition fees. Doubt that the child of a PR holder would pay domestic fees. As you said it doesn't make sense.

R

rish888

Says at the beginning or the page that it will be up to the registrars discretion to determine whether someone is eligible for domestic tuition fees. Doubt that the child of a PR holder would pay domestic fees. As you said it doesn't make sense.
Didn't make sense to me either. Check out the links Meyakanor posted though. Seems both York and Ryerson classify the children of PR's as domestic students.

For curiosities sake I'll probably ring them up and see if it's as simple as the website makes it seem.

meyakanor

Jul 26, 2013
Visa Office......
CPP-Ottawa
App. Filed.......
16-02-2012
Doc's Request.
26-02-2013
AOR Received.
21-03-2012
Med's Request
21-03-2013
Passport Req..
16-04-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-04-2013
LANDED..........
16-05-2013
Didn't make sense to me either. Check out the links Meyakanor posted though. Seems both York and Ryerson classify the children of PR's as domestic students.

For curiosities sake I'll probably ring them up and see if it's as simple as the website makes it seem.
I didn't pay attention about the legal dependants of PRs and citizens.

It does look like that even dependants above the age 22 can claim international tuition (York University) exemption as well, provided they meet certain criteria.

Anyway, you mentioned about a case where a Nigerian national was granted a PR card, even though he was not a PR. Can you share the link to that case? Thanks in advance.

R

rish888

I didn't pay attention about the legal dependants of PRs and citizens.

It does look like that even dependants above the age 22 can claim international tuition (York University) exemption as well, provided they meet certain criteria.

Anyway, you mentioned about a case where a Nigerian national was granted a PR card, even though he was not a PR. Can you share the link to that case? Thanks in advance.
I read it many months ago, so I'll need to dig it up. I'll definitely try to find the link in the coming few days and will post it up here soon.

Reactions: meyakanor