+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child passport application

vvvioleta

Jul 23, 2023
I recently got my child's citizenship certificate and I want to apply the passport for him. I got the following quesitons.
1. I am curretly in Canada and my child is in China with the other parent. Can I apply passport for him here in Canada?
We have joint custody. We are not living together just because the other parent hasn't got PR yet.
2. His certificate is a e-certificate. So do I just print a copy of the downloaded as original? Does it has to be in color print?
3. He had the photo taken in China, Can I just print out the digital copy and hand write the date and address of photagrapher?
4. For the signatrue of the other parent, Can I have the other parent sign the copy and take a photo and send back to me?

I'll be greatly appreciated if anyone can share some insights.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I recently got my child's citizenship certificate and I want to apply the passport for him. I got the following quesitons.
1. I am curretly in Canada and my child is in China with the other parent. Can I apply passport for him here in Canada?
We have joint custody. We are not living together just because the other parent hasn't got PR yet.
2. His certificate is a e-certificate. So do I just print a copy of the downloaded as original? Does it has to be in color print?
3. He had the photo taken in China, Can I just print out the digital copy and hand write the date and address of photagrapher?
4. For the signatrue of the other parent, Can I have the other parent sign the copy and take a photo and send back to me?

I'll be greatly appreciated if anyone can share some insights.
Just a thought, won't it be easy to get it done in China?
https://travel.gc.ca/assistance/embassies-consulates/china