+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child out of the country during Oath ceremony

Explorer1909

Feb 4, 2024
I am planning to write to the IRCC and discuss the situation with them, I hope they are ok with this situation, my wife can join via video link and cut the PR card on my toddler's behalf.

The only situation where I see this going south is if IRCC has an issue with the child being outside of Canada (since they require one to be inside Canada at the time of oath ceremony).

Thank you & regards.

Explorer1909

Feb 4, 2024
But to get the e-certificate you have to cut your PR card and that of your kid too. I am guessing you currently are not in possession of your kid's PR card.

Read this - https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/oath-ceremony-for-kid-under-14-years.800937/post-10474159
I get your point now, my wife can cut the PR card on toddler's behalf and can join via the video link (pending IRCC's approval). I am going to write to them and explain the situation.

Regards.

mefarahat

May 26, 2019
I am planning to write to the IRCC and discuss the situation with them, I hope they are ok with this situation, my wife can join via video link and cut the PR card on my toddler's behalf.

The only situation where I see this going south is if IRCC has an issue with the child being outside of Canada (since they require one to be inside Canada at the time of oath ceremony).

Thank you & regards.
Hey,

Can you please let me know what response you got from IRCC. Same situation. Thanks and good luck.

sberkane

Mar 5, 2024
Hey,

Can you please let me know what response you got from IRCC. Same situation. Thanks and good luck.
Hello,

I am also in the same situation. Can you please tell me what did you do? Are you able to cut the PR while the kid is abroad? Thanks!

stnguyenvn

Aug 23, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a child (minor 3.5 year old) on my application who is outside Canada at the time of my Oath Taking Ceremony with his mother. The application includes my child and myself. Since it is optional for minors to attend the ceremony, is it necessary for the minor to be present inside Canada at the time of Oath Taking? Any insight would be highly appreciated.

Thank you.
@Explorer1909 any update for your case? Any info from IRCC?