+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Child kindergarten

ultrasoul

Jan 2, 2014
Hi, I have a question about the stay period of my son. My situation is as follows.
1. I am studying in toronto as an internatinal student in college English language program.
2. My wife and 5 year-old son just came Canada from Dec. And my wife has got open work permit after entering canada. My son still has a visitor permit.

I want my son going to kindergarten from now, and CIC site tells me that my son does not need a study permit in kindergarten, primary and secondary school because I am a full time student and my wife has got open work permit from CIC. But as I know, visitor visa is allowed to stay in canada for mzximum six months. Does it mean that my son need to go outside of Canada every six month and then come back for study here? If so, is there a way to make my son stay Canada for more than six months?

Thank you very much.
Kindly please advise.

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

ultrasoul said:
Hi, I have a question about the stay period of my son. My situation is as follows.
1. I am studying in toronto as an internatinal student in college English language program.
2. My wife and 5 year-old son just came Canada from Dec. And my wife has got open work permit after entering canada. My son still has a visitor permit.

I want my son going to kindergarten from now, and CIC site tells me that my son does not need a study permit in kindergarten, primary and secondary school because I am a full time student and my wife has got open work permit from CIC. But as I know, visitor visa is allowed to stay in canada for mzximum six months. Does it mean that my son need to go outside of Canada every six month and then come back for study here? If so, is there a way to make my son stay Canada for more than six months?

Thank you very much.
Kindly please advise.
1. Yes, you apply for an extension of his visitor status. : http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/extend/visa.asp